Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Parliament dinner @Frankie Mandola's Damian's Restaurant (Thursday, Nov. 12, 7 p.m.)
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Parliament dinner @Frankie Mandola's Damian's Restaurant (Thursday, Nov. 12, 7 p.m.)
Anyone up for a Parliament dinner before Homecoming? I'm coming in for my class reunion activities and extending to visit other family, friends and former colleagues in the area ... and I'd love to meet, in the real world, more of the Parliament folks whose posts I enjoy here.

I'm thinking that Thursday, Nov. 12, at Frankie Mandola's restaurant -- Damian's (3011 Smith St.) -- could be a good time and place. (Friday and Saturday have Homecoming actitivies and Sunday doesn't work for the several I polled.)

Personally, I'm also interested in seeing Frankie again ... for the first time since 1989 at Baker College. :-)

I have a tentative reservation that can be expanded or contracted to fit the number of folks who can attend. If you're interested, let me know ... either below or by PM.

(If you can't make this dinner but would like to get together in some other venue/date, PM me with your preferences and I'll see what I can schedule. I'll be in the area Nov. 8-20 ... but the "area" extends from San Angelo to Baton Rouge. :-))
11-02-2015 07:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Institute

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Parliament dinner @Frankie Mandola's Damian's Restaurant (Thursday, Nov. 12, 7 p.m.)
(11-02-2015 07:44 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  Anyone up for a Parliament dinner before Homecoming? I'm coming in for my class reunion activities and extending to visit other family, friends and former colleagues in the area ... and I'd love to meet, in the real world, more of the Parliament folks whose posts I enjoy here.

I'm thinking that Thursday, Nov. 12, at Frankie Mandola's restaurant -- Damian's (3011 Smith St.) -- could be a good time and place. (Friday and Saturday have Homecoming actitivies and Sunday doesn't work for the several I polled.)

Personally, I'm also interested in seeing Frankie again ... for the first time since 1989 at Baker College. :-)

I have a tentative reservation that can be expanded or contracted to fit the number of folks who can attend. If you're interested, let me know ... either below or by PM.

(If you can't make this dinner but would like to get together in some other venue/date, PM me with your preferences and I'll see what I can schedule. I'll be in the area Nov. 8-20 ... but the "area" extends from San Angelo to Baton Rouge. :-))

Mike, sounds good....count me in for one....
11-02-2015 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Parliament dinner @Frankie Mandola's Damian's Restaurant (Thursday, Nov. 12, 7 p.m.)
(11-02-2015 09:35 PM)Ricefootballnet Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 07:44 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  Anyone up for a Parliament dinner before Homecoming? I'm coming in for my class reunion activities and extending to visit other family, friends and former colleagues in the area ... and I'd love to meet, in the real world, more of the Parliament folks whose posts I enjoy here.

Mike, sounds good....count me in for one....

Sounds good, but I think you already knew I'm in. Don't know if Will can come or not, will get back to you on that.
11-02-2015 10:58 PM
jhruzek Offline
1st String

I would love to be in on the dinner!
11-02-2015 11:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
waltgreenberg Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Mike, I'm in, but you knew that already!

Also need to pick a day and time to try out Killians in Peerless.
11-03-2015 01:39 AM
WRCisforgotten79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice
(11-03-2015 01:39 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Mike, I'm in, but you knew that already!

Also need to pick a day and time to try out Killen's in Pearland.

I think that's what you meant?
11-03-2015 01:48 AM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(11-03-2015 01:48 AM)WRCisforgotten79 Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 01:39 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Mike, I'm in, but you knew that already!

Also need to pick a day and time to try out Killen's in Pearland.

I think that's what you meant?

Ah, yes, thank you. That's what I get for trying to type at 615am in Dublin, after only a couple sips of coffee!
11-03-2015 01:51 AM
owl95 Offline
1st String

I'm in. I'll take any excuse to eat at Damian's.
11-04-2015 09:22 AM
Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

I'm in too. Haven't ever been to one of these.
11-04-2015 10:57 AM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

Bump! A private room is a possibility if enough people attend (~15-20). That decision will be made Monday noonish, so please RSVP here or by PM if you'd like to join us. Yay, Parliament! :-)
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 07:49 AM by Almadenmike.)
11-06-2015 07:48 AM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
I really hope this is well attended - there are a few Parliament posters who I think could benefit from a Beer Summit.
11-06-2015 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

Mike, I've got one more person who wants to come, so make that two people from here. I'll pm you with info
11-09-2015 01:08 AM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(11-06-2015 12:29 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  I really hope this is well attended - there are a few Parliament posters who I think could benefit from a Beer Summit.
Guilty as charged -- but I like the way you think!
11-09-2015 01:21 AM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-09-2015 01:21 AM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 12:29 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  I really hope this is well attended - there are a few Parliament posters who I think could benefit from a Beer Summit.
Guilty as charged -- but I like the way you think!

We're at 11 RSVPs so far. I need to call in the number to Damian's ~noon today. If we can get to 15 or more, then a private room becomes economical.
11-09-2015 09:00 AM
Grungy Offline

New Orleans Bowl
RE: Parliament dinner @Frankie Mandola's Damian's Restaurant (Thursday, Nov. 12, 7pm)
sigh

Conflicts with MOB field rehearsal.
Maybe someday...

(If you do this again at Killen's Steak House, they should be moved into their new digs in a few weeks. The old location is going to become Killen's Burgers.)
11-09-2015 09:22 AM
Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

Mike, what would be the down side in just going ahead and reserving the private room for 15? David and I think we can get at least one, maybe two more participants who'd add to the level of discussion and bonhomie. But not by noon today. Would it be possible to go ahead and nail down the room for 15 anyway?
11-09-2015 11:33 AM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(11-09-2015 11:33 AM)Ricefootballnet Wrote:  Mike, what would be the down side in just going ahead and reserving the private room for 15? David and I think we can get at least one, maybe two more participants who'd add to the level of discussion and bonhomie. But not by noon today. Would it be possible to go ahead and nail down the room for 15 anyway?

PTH, I've given Mike 2 additional names who had indicated they'd be interested (Suzanne, John). He was going to send out an e-mail to them, as well as the rest of the Usual Suspects.
11-09-2015 11:35 AM
owl95 Offline
1st String

Yes, I think we should go for the room. I might be able to get 1 more to come as well. Has anyone contacted Dr. K Johnston?
11-09-2015 11:58 AM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

We'll reserve the room ... and have a great time. More later in e-mails/PMs to those who RSVP.

And yes, there will be room for additional RSVPs. ... So, "Ya'll come." :-)
11-09-2015 12:49 PM
Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

Mike, I have David E and one more addition , 3 in all. Will pm later
11-09-2015 01:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.