Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for TXST Fans
Bookmark and Share
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Question for TXST Fans
What is up with Franchione? Listening to his teleconference it sounds like he has checked out for the year.

11-02-2015 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

anotherNMAg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU
RE: Question for TXST Fans
Unmet expectations? Based on last year, weren't they supposed to be Top 3/Bowl Eligible this year?
11-02-2015 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
He sounds ready to retire
11-02-2015 04:33 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
A lot of us think he checked out a long time ago.
11-02-2015 04:33 PM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
He does sound like he's checked out, but in fairness these Sun Belt teleconferences are the most meaningless things on the planet. I wouldn't be excited to do it either.

"Don't forget you can tweet or send your questions in to us, we've got Willie Fritz here."

Then they ask two ridiculous questions and then say, "Well that's all we've got for you coach, thanks." [click]

I mean... why even bother.
11-02-2015 04:40 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(11-02-2015 04:33 PM)_x_ Wrote:  He sounds ready to retire

. . . He IS retired . . . . . Part of the "working" (wink, wink) Retired . . . .
11-02-2015 04:40 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(11-02-2015 04:33 PM)CatMom Wrote:  A lot of us think he checked out a long time ago.

I understand that Texas A&M and Alabama were of the same opinion . . .

Though in fairness, at A&M he put out a First Rate Newsletter . . .
11-02-2015 04:43 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

He's great to listen to when you're suffering from insom . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 03-zzz
11-02-2015 04:52 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

Question for TXST Fans
This was the year touted as the payoff year. He kept telling fans to wait for the results once he had all his recruits. Each team has gotten a little better and this was the year to make a bowl. Instead we took a major step back and I think he's out of ideas.
11-02-2015 05:28 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

Question for TXST Fans
I was hoping we would still get to 6-6 but from the way he's acting and the team is acting, they've given up. I hope I'm wrong.
11-02-2015 05:29 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

(11-02-2015 05:28 PM)slycat Wrote:  This was the year touted as the payoff year. He kept telling fans to wait for the results once he had all his recruits. Each team has gotten a little better and this was the year to make a bowl. Instead we took a major step back and I think he's out of ideas.

Yeah I agree. I think he expected a great year and even he is surprised by how things have turned out so far.

He won't be fired, but the question is:
Should this season end up an utter failure will Fran care to return? Or does he finally permanently retire from coaching. He sure doesn't appear to be having fun anymore.

I'll be interested to see his demeanor at tomorrow's weekly media press conference.
11-02-2015 06:37 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2015 06:37 PM)_x_ Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 05:28 PM)slycat Wrote:  This was the year touted as the payoff year. He kept telling fans to wait for the results once he had all his recruits. Each team has gotten a little better and this was the year to make a bowl. Instead we took a major step back and I think he's out of ideas.

Yeah I agree. I think he expected a great year and even he is surprised by how things have turned out so far.

Should this season end up an utter failure will Fran care to return? Or does he finally permanently retire from coaching. He sure doesn't appear to be having fun anymore.

I'll be interested to see his demeanor at tomorrow's weekly media press conference.

I could see him retire. With all the major openings for HCs this year I'd love to see the hire we would make if the announcement came that late. I'm thinking it would be slim pickings or the school would hand it to Brad and take the easy way out for a year.
11-02-2015 06:40 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(11-02-2015 06:40 PM)slycat Wrote:  

I could see him retire. With all the major openings for HCs this year I'd love to see the hire we would make if the announcement came that late. I'm thinking it would be slim pickings or the school would hand it to Brad and take the easy way out for a year.

the untexas coach needs a job
11-03-2015 08:13 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(11-03-2015 08:13 AM)runamuck Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 06:40 PM)slycat Wrote:  

03-lmfao Actually, I don't think Strong is too bad a Coach. . .. . and he might actually benefit from a few years on a smaller stage . . . .

Couple of things re: Strong . . .. First, he wasn't Texas' first choice .. . And probably not their 2nd or 3rd . . .. . Texas really wanted another guy . . . . And let Mack go before they really knew if they had their guy . . . . When that guy said "Thanks, but no thanks" Texas looked around and didn't find a lot to its liking . . . . Enter Strong.

Texas got spoiled under Mack Brown . . . Did a lot of winning in the 15 or so years he was there . . . . at the end, they felt he needed to go, and maybe he did. But the fact remains, when he left, they didn't get "their guy," and Charlie is clearly in over his head at Texas . .
The only question: Will Texas give him enough time to get his (and their) collective acts together?
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 09:03 AM by Bobcat87.)
11-03-2015 09:02 AM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he means UNT, not UT.
11-03-2015 10:15 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

[/quote]

I think he means UNT, not UT.
[/quote]

03-lmfao . . . I think you're right . . . First time through, I saw the UN as:University, and then Texas . . . . But yeah . . UNT makes better sense . . . .

Thanks for the clarification . . . . 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 11:05 AM by Bobcat87.)
11-03-2015 11:04 AM
Advertisement

Godzilla Offline
All American

I can't defend Fran anymore. He did his job and helped us through the transition and I think he did a good job but now it's time for a coach who the game hasn't passed him by.
11-03-2015 12:58 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Online
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(11-03-2015 12:58 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  I can't defend Fran anymore. He did his job and helped us through the transition and I think he did a good job but now it's time for a coach who the game hasn't passed him by.

The best possible scenario would be to get to six wins and a bowl bid. Then evaluate the season. I think we need a new voice on defense. Someone who has successfully coached defensive football at the D1 level. I think our Pistol-triple option-spread offense has lost something this year. It has become a predictable hand-off to Robert Lowe or a Tyler Jones keeper. The talent has not been developed or has fallen short of expectations.

Maybe it is best to fire Coach Fran or hope he retires and promote Little Fran. Or hire a new head coach. We will need to spend more on coaching salaries, either on a new head coach or finding a good young DC. We need to fix this in a hurry because our first three games next season are at Ohio, at Arkansas and home against Houston.
11-03-2015 02:42 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Until this day, I have never understood why Bama hired that guy, or Mike Price.
11-03-2015 02:46 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I wonder how much Major Applewhite would cost to lure away from the Houston OC job to be our HC
11-03-2015 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.