Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

B1G Coaching searches
Bookmark and Share
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
B1G Coaching searches
Updated 12/2 - Maryland hires DJ Durkin.

Updated 11/30- Illinois takes off interim tags from Bill Cubitt
Rutgers fires Kyle Flood

Updated 11/11 - Minnesota removes the interim tag from Tracey Claeys.

I know there are a few threads on the main page regarding coaching vacancies but I wanted one for our conference. Currently, there are 3 opening. Minnesota , Illinois and Maryland. Throw in Flood at Rutgers who may or may not be fired. And take any of Hazell of Purdue, Wilson of Indiana and Riley of Nebraska (even though this is his first year). There is potential for a TON of turnover. So put up notes, articles, tweets or whatever. It is still early and many coaching hires will not happen for a while but I just wanted to throw this out there.

I will start one with Maryland. A tweet for Dan Wolken

Dan Wolken @DanWolken
Name I'm hearing could be in play at Maryland: JMU's Everett Withers. Knows the Big Ten.
10:03 PM - 1 Nov 2015
21 21 Retweets 11 11 favorites
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 10:00 PM by TerpsNPhoenix.)
11-02-2015 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

RE: B1G Coaching searches
Another possible coach for the Terps, Pep Hamilton. He was the Colts OC and was fired today. Has links to the Maryland/DC area.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/blog/maryl...ired-colts
11-03-2015 09:36 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
11-04-2015 12:21 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Someone hire Jim Caldwell from the Lions... I beg of ya.
11-04-2015 07:58 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I'll try and post stuff when I see it (and also not make this ALL about Maryland). So here is a list from Fox Sports (everyone has one) about a few potential candidates for Minnesota.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/lists/gop...5#img_main

1 - Pete Lembo (HC at Ball State)
2 - Tracey Claeys (Interim HC at Minnesota)
3 - Rod Carey (HC at Northern Illinois
4 - Matt Campbell (HC at Toledo)
5 - Troy Calhoun (HC at Air Force)
6 - Dave Aranda (DC at Wisconsin)
11-04-2015 09:42 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Here are a few potential candidates for the Illinois job. There were few articles so I just put this one together from them and ah…well…sites that have fan suggestions. So here they are.

Dino Babers - Bowling Green
Terry Bowden - Akron
Jeff Brohm - Western Kentucky
Bill Cubit - Interim HC Illinois
PJ Fleck - Western Michigan
Justin Fuente - Memphis
Tom Herman - Houston
Doc Holiday - Marshall
11-04-2015 10:50 AM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Minnesota rumors from twitter.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
Lots of bitter Gopher fans bitching at me about our report 4 days ago of Tracy Claeys becoming new Head FB Coach.
2:13 PM - 4 Nov 2015 · Details
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
11-04-2015 08:58 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
I think/hope Minnesota will simply go in house with the new coach. That staff has been largely together a long time and with all the coaching vacancies, I think any name you do get outside of it will be just as risky. Honestly, I think Illinois should also just remove the interim tag.
11-05-2015 10:26 AM
Jimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

I think Dino Babers would be a great coach for Maryland or Purdue (not sure if he's a good fit for Illinois), which is why I hope he goes somewhere out of conference. He seems to be more Urban Meyer than Dave Clawson at Bowling Green.

As far as Claey is concerned, I know he stepped in well a couple of years ago, but I would be concerned if I were a Minnesota fan. He didn't seem to want to take any of the blame for the Michigan debacle.
11-05-2015 11:52 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

(11-05-2015 11:52 AM)Jimmy Wrote:  I think Dino Babers would be a great coach for Maryland or Purdue (not sure if he's a good fit for Illinois), which is why I hope he goes somewhere out of conference. He seems to be more Urban Meyer than Dave Clawson at Bowling Green.

As far as Claey is concerned, I know he stepped in well a couple of years ago, but I would be concerned if I were a Minnesota fan. He didn't seem to want to take any of the blame for the Michigan debacle.

I'd certainly take Babers as the Terps coach. Nice list of coaches the MAC currently has. Wonder how many of the will be there next year.
11-05-2015 11:56 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Looks like Hazell is coming back next year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...rth-season
11-05-2015 02:18 PM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

(11-05-2015 10:26 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  I think/hope Minnesota will simply go in house with the new coach. That staff has been largely together a long time and with all the coaching vacancies, I think any name you do get outside of it will be just as risky. Honestly, I think Illinois should also just remove the interim tag.

Here is a report from Fox Sports about Claeys gaining support to take off the interim tag.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...tly-110515
11-07-2015 08:08 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Here's an article regarding the Illinois HC job.

http://writingillini.com/2015/11/03/illi...lermakers/

The important part of the article is:

The game against Purdue is either going to be a boost to the Illinois season or it will be the downfall of the Illini and interim head coach Bill Cubit. In my head this is the Cubit Bowl.

I think this is going to be the deciding game on whether Cubit comes back next season. I like him and the way he has rallied the team, but if they end up losing this it should be time to really ramp up the coaching search.

On the other hand, if Illinois wins, I think this would go a long way in keeping Cubit. It would give the Illini five wins, which is only one win shy of being bowl eligible.

The scary part about this game against Purdue is that they seem to have a new sense of hope. While Purdue is only 2-6, they are coming off a win against Nebraska in which they scored 55 points.
11-07-2015 08:16 AM
Jimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

Rutgers: I would be surprised if Rutgers fires Kyle Flood after the season. The current president is rumored to be out in 2016 (his own choice), and the AD has no teeth. The president has no interest in athletics and will likely leave such silly matters to his successor.

I don't think assistant coach Norries Wilson has what it takes to be a P5 haed coach, but I thought the team actually improved under his interim leadership earlier this season. What does that tell you about Flood?

Illinois: Cubit proved himself a winning coach at Western Michigan, but he seemed to stagnate.

Maryland: Let's say Chip Kelly gets the ax in Philly at the end of the year. Man, would he be intriguing or what? He is an Eastern guy who has experience working with a shoe U, and Maryland has the players in place to work in a Kelly offense.

Minnesota: A guy like Pat Narduzzi would give the B1G West fits for years. Come to think of it, I would love Narduzzi at my school (who wouldn't?). I'm not convince Claeys is the guy.

Indiana: The talk about improvement is wearing thin. I really saw the program having the talent to take a step forward this season. Wilson has to go without a bowl game.

I say this as a tried and true Rutgers fan: Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State should all fire their coaches at the end of the season.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 10:34 PM by Jimmy.)
11-07-2015 10:31 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

Rutgers needs to make a coaching change. They will lose more money keeping him then the money the money it will cost to buy him out.
11-08-2015 01:28 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
(11-05-2015 11:56 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 11:52 AM)Jimmy Wrote:  I think Dino Babers would be a great coach for Maryland or Purdue (not sure if he's a good fit for Illinois), which is why I hope he goes somewhere out of conference. He seems to be more Urban Meyer than Dave Clawson at Bowling Green.

I'd certainly take Babers as the Terps coach. Nice list of coaches the MAC currently has. Wonder how many of the will be there next year.

The MAC has had a heck of year Toledo beat Arky & Iowa State, Bowling Green beat Purdue & Maryland, put 30 pts on Tennesee lost to undefeated Memphis by 3, Kent & Ohio lost to Minnesota by only 3, CMU took Syracuse to OT losing by 3 and lost to undefeated Oklahoma State by 11, NIU was withing a TD of Ohio State.

It would be hard to turn down a raise of 2 to 4 times what you are currently earning to move on to another program. I'd jump at a 50% raise over my salary in a heartbeat
11-08-2015 11:25 AM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
Illinois just fired AD Thomas
11-09-2015 04:24 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Steve Spurrier attended the Nebraska / Michigan State game this past weekend. Hmm.
11-09-2015 07:28 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(11-09-2015 07:28 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Steve Spurrier attended the Nebraska / Michigan State game this past weekend. Hmm.

03-no
11-09-2015 07:52 PM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Re: RE: B1G Coaching searches
(11-09-2015 07:28 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Steve Spurrier attended the Nebraska / Michigan State game this past weekend. Hmm.

Saw that. Raised an eye brow and had a laugh. But agree with H1. No
11-10-2015 06:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.