Hackenberg: UT Faces Potholes
11-01-2015 07:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toledobigmike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Hackenberg: UT Faces Potholes
That "peer group" rhetoric is complete nonsense. It's designed to make Toledo look second rate despite being nationally ranked.
11-02-2015 04:24 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
"UT Faces Potholes".

...but the Rockets don't play at BG until November 17th.03-lmfao
11-02-2015 05:06 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-02-2015 04:24 PM)toledobigmike Wrote:  That "peer group" rhetoric is complete nonsense. It's designed to make Toledo look second rate despite being nationally ranked.

By that logic Mt Union should be number one because they constantly beat the best in their peer group. OSU's "peer group" of Illini, Rutger, Mland, Purdue, PSU et al isn' much diff from UT's.
11-02-2015 08:01 PM
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(11-02-2015 04:24 PM)toledobigmike Wrote:  That "peer group" rhetoric is complete nonsense. It's designed to make Toledo look second rate despite being nationally ranked.

Agreed, an elaborate explanation on how the little guy has a similar ecosystem as the big guy. Makes you wonder if it is slick propaganda or just someone that likes to hear themselves talk about boring analogies. Guessing the latter, but you never know these days! Always a hint of condescension, does it come from the subconscious? Maybe, but we always can pick it out...
11-02-2015 09:34 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(11-02-2015 09:34 PM)ToledoMike Wrote:  

Agreed, an elaborate explanation on how the little guy has a similar ecosystem as the big guy. Makes you wonder if it is slick propaganda or just someone that likes to hear themselves talk about boring analogies. Guessing the latter, but you never know these days! Always a hint of condescension, does it come from the subconscious? Maybe, but we always can pick it out...

I think the condescension is pretty apparent, and I think it's on purpose. Doesn't surprise me though. Some people can't stand the thought of one of their good ole boys teams losing to a supposed "upstart", even if it's one that has defeated a number of the chosen teams.
11-02-2015 10:45 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Quote:We know all about them because we know all about the Big Ten, the Big 12, the ACC, the SEC and the Pac-12.

And why is that?
11-02-2015 11:16 PM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
(11-02-2015 11:16 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  
Quote:We know all about them because we know all about the Big Ten, the Big 12, the ACC, the SEC and the Pac-12.

And why is that?

BG is the one I am really worry about as UT has had their number in the recent past. Thats something that is written all over in their locker room!

UT should score on them quite easily but can the Rockets, as good as they are defensively; can they hold down the high and quick scoring Falcons.
11-03-2015 12:02 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(11-03-2015 12:02 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 11:16 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  

And why is that?

BG is the one I am really worry about as UT has had their number in the recent past. Thats something that is written all over in their locker room!

UT should score on them quite easily but can the Rockets, as good as they are defensively; can they hold down the high and quick scoring Falcons.

This just in !! The Rockets don't play those mighty high and quick scoring falcons for another two weeks. Maybe a good time to focus on the game at hand - NIU...
- And did I say those falcons were mighty high ? 05-stirthepot
11-03-2015 09:16 AM
UTLAW Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(11-02-2015 10:45 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:34 PM)ToledoMike Wrote:  

I think the condescension is pretty apparent, and I think it's on purpose. Doesn't surprise me though. Some people can't stand the thought of one of their good ole boys teams losing to a supposed "upstart", even if it's one that has defeated a number of the chosen teams.

Especially disgusting when that " upstart" is your hometown team. I know many on here don't think we could play with Ohio State, but the year I disagree. I'm dreaming of a 2 loss Ohio State vs. an undefeated Toledo New Year's day matchup. As for Hack, he will never be a Rocket believer. Can't wait for tonight! Go Rockets!04-rock
11-03-2015 11:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.