Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall @ Charlotte Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Could get ugly fast. I hope it does. No treats for Charlotte today.

Herd 42-10
10-31-2015 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Marshall @ Charlotte Game Thread
Probably more like 38-9, IMO. Don't see them getting into the endzone.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 02:30 PM by MU42.)
10-31-2015 02:27 PM
herdfan2013 Offline
1st String

That may have been the best offensive drive we've had all year.
10-31-2015 02:45 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

Charlotte looks overmatched already in 3 minutes. Will they be good? Yes at some point, but why they we ever invited is beyond me. Could have grown up in the FCS or Sun Belt before being invited. For now they just bring everyone else's SOS down, do nothing for the conferences reputation except hurt it.
10-31-2015 02:50 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Chase Litton to DeVonte Allen

66 Yards TD Pass

Marshall 14
Charlotte 0
10-31-2015 03:02 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Doing our stats good though, and a good game to get our teams offenae clicking even better before we go smack down MTSU next week.
10-31-2015 03:03 PM
Advertisement

ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

(10-31-2015 02:50 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Charlotte looks overmatched already in 3 minutes. Will they be good? Yes at some point, but why they we ever invited is beyond me. Could have grown up in the FCS or Sun Belt before being invited. For now they just bring everyone else's SOS down, do nothing for the conferences reputation except hurt it.

We know, we know.
10-31-2015 03:04 PM
Dowless Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-31-2015 02:50 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Charlotte looks overmatched already in 3 minutes. Will they be good? Yes at some point, but why they we ever invited is beyond me. Could have grown up in the FCS or Sun Belt before being invited. For now they just bring everyone else's SOS down, do nothing for the conferences reputation except hurt it.

You realize your program went about two decades without a winning season. We still have about 17 more seasons before you can say we suck.
10-31-2015 03:06 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

We've gone uptempo the first three drives and seem to be doing more hurry up offense. Looks like that was the added wrinkle to the offense this week.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 03:15 PM by CoachMaclid.)
10-31-2015 03:15 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(10-31-2015 03:06 PM)Dowless Wrote:  

You realize your program went about two decades without a winning season. We still have about 17 more seasons before you can say we suck.

HuH, maybe from the 1960-1980s we went 20 years, actually 21 years without a winning season. But then again we were the winningest program in the 90s.

We went 2005-2010 with losing seasons and 2012 we went 5-7, But going 20 years is your exaggeration. Also looks like someone has some very thin skin.
10-31-2015 03:16 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Why not say the same about North Texas, ODU, UTSA, FAU, FIU I don't understand comments like this. I don't worry about SOS, it's not like a CUSA team will ever see the playoffs, and if we want to boost SOS to help chances for a BCS Bowl, we should stop scheduling 2 MAC teams and a FCS team and start scheduling more P5 teams. Until there are no MAC or FCS teams on our OOC schedule I don't think there is room to complain about conference games hurting our SOS.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 03:23 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
10-31-2015 03:19 PM
Advertisement

CoachMaclid Offline
All American

Charlotte apparently going with an interesting choice of no corners or safeties defense.

21-0.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 03:28 PM by CoachMaclid.)
10-31-2015 03:27 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

I LOVE YOUR CAMPUS Charlotte. I wish I would've went here.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 03:27 PM by MarshallHerdFanz.)
10-31-2015 03:27 PM
triplegood Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Life
As a Marshall fan, I don't know why some of the Herd faithful are so dismissive of Charlotte. This will be a very good program over time. They have everything going for them, location, support and recruiting area. I was at MU when the MAC didn't even want us, so don't throw stones in a glass house.
10-31-2015 03:28 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

SHUT THE HELL UP. THEY ARE A GREAT ADDITION TO THE CONFERENCE.
10-31-2015 03:29 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

Exactly, some schools have to earn respect and invites in lesser conferences or lower levels like Marshall, LT, MTSU, So Miss, ECU, and others. Some though are given conference invites based on how big a market they are in, like UNCC, FIU, FAU, UTSA, SMU, Tulane, etc. whether they have had sustained success or not.
10-31-2015 03:30 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-31-2015 03:30 PM)MU42 Wrote:  

Exactly, some schools have to earn respect and invites in lesser conferences or lower levels like Marshall, LT, MTSU, So Miss, ECU, and others. Some though are given conference invites based on how big a market they are in, like UNCC, FIU, FAU, UTSA, SMU, Tulane, etc. whether they have had sustained success or not.

I guess you would have preferred Marshall go Indy, or back to the MAC? Without the schools like those you listed, there would not be a CUSA.
10-31-2015 03:34 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

(10-31-2015 03:34 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

I guess you would have preferred Marshall go Indy, or back to the MAC? Without the schools like those you listed, there would not be a CUSA.

If you take away UNCC, FIU, UTSA, and FAU we still have 9 schools. That is enough for a conference, plus UAB is coming back. So that's 10. I get that we need a Florida presence for recruiting, but we could have waited for the cream to rise instead of jumping the gun and adding schools that add nothing but TV sets.
10-31-2015 03:42 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

(10-31-2015 03:42 PM)MU42 Wrote:  

If you take away UNCC, FIU, UTSA, and FAU we still have 9 schools. That is enough for a conference, plus UAB is coming back. So that's 10. I get that we need a Florida presence for recruiting, but we could have waited for the cream to rise instead of jumping the gun and adding schools that add nothing but TV sets.

Respect your conference mates. If your not happy, then choose another team. I hope we are stuck with Charlotte till the day college sports die.
10-31-2015 03:47 PM
Dowless Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-31-2015 03:42 PM)MU42 Wrote:  

You're probably just mad that CUSA is the best you will ever be because of your market. Not our fault your team is in the sticks. Just a matter of time before we leap frog you guys.
10-31-2015 03:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.