Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU @ UConn Game Thread
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
ECU @ UConn Game Thread
I didn't see one of these yet, so....let the hate flow through you.
10-30-2015 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pirates
RE: ECU @ UConn Game Thread
Hard to get real excited about this game after the Temple debacle. I mean I'll be watching and rooting for ECU of course, but now it's just one pretty average team playing another pretty average team in a game that has no bearing on the conference race at all.
10-30-2015 02:04 PM
JesseTU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa
FWIW, today. 6PM CST. ESPN U.

(I had to look it up... figure others might want to know)
10-30-2015 02:06 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(10-30-2015 02:04 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  Hard to get real excited about this game after the Temple debacle. I mean I'll be watching and rooting for ECU of course, but now it's just one pretty average team playing another pretty average team in a game that has no bearing on the conference race at all.

Ok...

[Image: flickr_rczajka.jpg]
10-30-2015 02:10 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2015 02:10 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(10-30-2015 02:04 PM)pirates4lyfe Wrote:  Hard to get real excited about this game after the Temple debacle. I mean I'll be watching and rooting for ECU of course, but now it's just one pretty average team playing another pretty average team in a game that has no bearing on the conference race at all.

Ok...

[Image: flickr_rczajka.jpg]

Sums up my feelings perfectly about this season. Enough talent at every position except 1 to have been really good, and the one got ruined on a random cut during a practice 2 weeks before the first game.
10-30-2015 02:15 PM
malenko2 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple

Calling a 10 point Temple win over ECU at their place a "debacle" is a little overboard. Even in your great loss to #11 Florida in the Swamp, you only lost by 7.
10-30-2015 02:15 PM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(10-30-2015 02:15 PM)malenko2 Wrote:  

Calling a 10 point Temple win over ECU at their place a "debacle" is a little overboard. Even in your great loss to #11 Florida in the Swamp, you only lost by 7.

Yeah, but Navy....

[Image: dejectedarr-color.jpeg]

Don't get me wrong, still rooting for a 2nd place finish in the East. Particularly one that lights a fire under Temple to finish strong and represent the division, and maybe the conference, going forward.
10-30-2015 02:18 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

Also, I think he means debacle because of the 99 penalty yards and blocked kicks. Total garbage.
10-30-2015 02:19 PM
HerdinNY Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall
[Image: BlXa6KjCIAA-8JB.jpg]
10-30-2015 02:22 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

When you are leading in the last 5 minutes and get 2 punts blocked, give up a 50 yard pass on 2nd and 25, and turn a 4 point lead into a 10 point loss I'll qualify that as a debacle on ECU's part. Credit to Temple for making the plays, but you'd call it a debacle also if the exact situation was reversed.
10-30-2015 02:23 PM
First Mate Offline
1st String

I think he was referring to the fact that ECU led the game thoughout until the final 3 minutes when ECU imploded with a fumble and two blocked punts to lose.

Temple is good but ECU has reason to believe they let one go.
10-30-2015 02:25 PM
Advertisement

pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

I shouldn't have opened that can of worms about the Temple game, either way there's no denying the excitement level for the rest of the season took a hit. Maybe we can come out and play good, finish strong, and set things up for next year when we actually will have a real QB.
10-30-2015 02:32 PM
FastTheo Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
Hey, we can still go 8-4! None of the remaining games will be easy, but i'm not at 'meh' level yet. I may be there if we end up staring down the barrel of a 6-6 season. What has been frustrating are the second half turnovers and the DB implosions on long pass plays. I'm excited to see Corey Sargent return to CB, and Kemp/Summers/Whoever stsrt to emerge at QB and take control of the O. I think there is still a lot of interesting X and O kind of stuff to watch, despite the lack of late season sexiness on our schedule.
10-30-2015 04:47 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(10-30-2015 01:54 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  I didn't see one of these yet, so....let the hate flow through you.

I'd love to, but I can't. Not after that performance against Cincy.
10-30-2015 04:54 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

ECU @ UConn Game Thread
If we lose to UCF bonds needs to be tied up so he can't log into twitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10-30-2015 04:54 PM
CPR Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USF

You sound like that one ECU fan that got banned after losing it during the Temple loss. Most teams playing this week aren't playing for the playoff, access bowl or conference championship. Maybe just try to enjoy watching your alma mater play? big baby
10-30-2015 04:55 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Friday soundtrack for tonight's game is a must...
10-30-2015 04:55 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Making meatloaf and jalapeno bacon mac & cheese and tuning in.
10-30-2015 05:07 PM
pirates4lyfe Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2015 04:55 PM)CPR Wrote:  

You sound like that one ECU fan that got banned after losing it during the Temple loss. Most teams playing this week aren't playing for the playoff, access bowl or conference championship. Maybe just try to enjoy watching your alma mater play? big baby

No idea why you care about my opinion so much.
10-30-2015 05:33 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

ECU @ UConn Game Thread
When did the America East Conference start playing FBS football?

.jpg  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446246149.891432.jpg (Size: 182.35 KB / Downloads: 11)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10-30-2015 06:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.