georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
This Week In Schadenfreude -- Week 9
Reminder as to what qualifies:
- FCS over FBS always
- DII over FCS always
- Vegas spread getting blown out of the water (3+ TDs)
- Unranked over ranked
- In honor of their victory 2 weeks ago (bye last wee), losses to Georgia State do not count for this week. North Texas has been subbed in in their honor.
- G5 over P5 nearly always (yes, even tur'ble P5's)
--- Except when the G5 is ranked or nearly ranked
10-29-2015 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: This Week In Schadenfreude -- Week 9
North Carolina 20
#23 Pittsburgh 3
2:00 2nd

ACC Coastal and Pac-12 North should play a ranked challenge. Loser division is required to take a year off from football.
10-29-2015 07:23 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Iowa will be hoping for a Pitt comeback.
10-29-2015 07:25 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(10-29-2015 07:25 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  Iowa will be hoping for a Pitt comeback.

Nah, a Pitt comeback would help with Power rankings and stats of that nature but an undefeated season is an undefeated season. Iowa is more worried, or they better be, about winning week to week.

If Iowa was to actually beat Ohio State in the Championship game then they would absolutely land themselves into the CFP with a perfect 13-0 record whether or not Pitt remains ranked.

There isn't a big likelihood of that happening but that's where things stand for Iowa.
10-29-2015 07:37 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
(10-29-2015 07:37 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(10-29-2015 07:25 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  Iowa will be hoping for a Pitt comeback.

Nah, a Pitt comeback would help with Power rankings and stats of that nature but an undefeated season is an undefeated season. Iowa is more worried, or they better be, about winning week to week.

If Iowa was to actually beat Ohio State in the Championship game then they would absolutely land themselves into the CFP with a perfect 13-0 record whether or not Pitt remains ranked.

There isn't a big likelihood of that happening but that's where things stand for Iowa.

I agree with your prognosis. But a Pitt won certainly doesn't hurt. Of.course, the Hawkeyes, hopefully, will run the table and Pitt's final rankings will mean nothing but it doesn't hurt to have an another ace in your hand.
10-29-2015 07:44 PM
Phlipper33 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas A&M
Texas Tech leading #12 Oklahoma State 38-28 at the half.
10-31-2015 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Phlipper33 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas A&M
With 12 minutes left, Colorado has taken a 31-28 lead over #23 UCLA
10-31-2015 05:09 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Purdue beating Nebraska and the Huskers picking up a 6th loss where they desperately needed a win is laughable. There really is no defending how far the molesters of the maize have fallen. Big Red is in the worst shape of my lifetime. There was a time when the Huskers could have beaten most Purdue teams with their second string and played them close with the third. There were a few Purdue teams in there that would be the exceptions to that rule. With Iowa and Michigan State remaining on the schedule along with Rutgers 4 - 8 is staring them in the face.
10-31-2015 07:07 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-31-2015 07:07 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Purdue beating Nebraska and the Huskers picking up a 6th loss where they desperately needed a win is laughable. There really is no defending how far the molesters of the maize have fallen. Big Red is in the worst shape of my lifetime. There was a time when the Huskers could have beaten most Purdue teams with their second string and played them close with the third. There were a few Purdue teams in there that would be the exceptions to that rule. With Iowa and Michigan State remaining on the schedule along with Rutgers 4 - 8 is staring them in the face.

So they are having a bad year, so is Auburn. You seem a tad bit obsessed with the Huskers though. Oh and it is not "laughable" as per the rules of this thread put forward by the Owner of the site of which you are a moderator of.

Come on, take your anti Big Ten rhetoric to your own hate fest thread.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 07:32 PM by He1nousOne.)
10-31-2015 07:29 PM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
Oh how quickly we forget:

1958: Purdue 28, Nebraska 0
10-31-2015 07:55 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
Nebraska is having WAY worse of a year than Auburn is. Auburn still has a very real shot to go bowling. Nebraska could finish with a 4-8 record- which would be their worst since 1961.

Also- it's pretty darn close to qualifying on this board- Nebraska was favored by 7.5 points and Purdue beat them by 10.
10-31-2015 07:56 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline

(10-31-2015 07:56 PM)stever20 Wrote:  Nebraska is having WAY worse of a year than Auburn is. Auburn still has a very real shot to go bowling. Nebraska could finish with a 4-8 record- which would be their worst since 1961.

Also- it's pretty darn close to qualifying on this board- Nebraska was favored by 7.5 points and Purdue beat them by 10.

03-lmfao

You guys are so desperate. Come on, just get to what you guys want to say. The Big Ten has made Nebraska terrible. Say it!

03-zzz

Pretty darn close doesn't cut it. It doesn't qualify and the best you could come up with to defend this is "pretty damn close". Auburn was predicted by some to be the best team in the SEC. It's a bad year for Auburn and trying to sell any other line is a joke.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 08:00 PM by He1nousOne.)
10-31-2015 07:59 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(10-31-2015 07:59 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(10-31-2015 07:56 PM)stever20 Wrote:  Nebraska is having WAY worse of a year than Auburn is. Auburn still has a very real shot to go bowling. Nebraska could finish with a 4-8 record- which would be their worst since 1961.

03-lmfao

You guys are so desperate. Come on, just get to what you guys want to say. The Big Ten has made Nebraska terrible. Say it!

03-zzz

I don't say that because Nebraska was already trending down before they entered the Big Ten. Has it maybe made it a bit worse? Perhaps. But it's not the reason why by any stretch of the imagination. this is the 12th straight year that they've lost at least 4 games- and 2/3 of those were in the Big 12. It's just when you see a historical power like Nebraska like this- it's big.
10-31-2015 08:03 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

03-lmfao

03-zzz

Pretty darn close doesn't cut it. It doesn't qualify and the best you could come up with to defend this is "pretty damn close". Auburn was predicted by some to be the best team in the SEC. It's a bad year for Auburn and trying to sell any other line is a joke.

It may be a bad year for Auburn- but it's an historically bad year for Nebraska. Big difference there.
10-31-2015 08:04 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

And fine- Auburn is having a bad year. Does that change a *** **** thing about Nebraska and their worst team in over 50 years? No it doesn't. if their coach wasn't in his first year- he would be in deep trouble.
10-31-2015 08:14 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

North Texas 14 UTSA 10 3rd quarter
10-31-2015 08:27 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

#21 Temple 10
#9 Notre Dame 7
6:17 2nd quarter
10-31-2015 08:29 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-31-2015 08:14 PM)stever20 Wrote:  And fine- Auburn is having a bad year. Does that change a *** **** thing about Nebraska and their worst team in over 50 years? No it doesn't. if their coach wasn't in his first year- he would be in deep trouble.

And yet...he IS in his first year and because it's Nebraska, folk want to ignore that. Yet time after time we have instances where coaches come in and try to change the system only to find that the personnel that they have don't mesh well with it.
10-31-2015 08:49 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-31-2015 08:03 PM)stever20 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

03-zzz

I don't say that because Nebraska was already trending down before they entered the Big Ten. Has it maybe made it a bit worse? Perhaps. But it's not the reason why by any stretch of the imagination. this is the 12th straight year that they've lost at least 4 games- and 2/3 of those were in the Big 12. It's just when you see a historical power like Nebraska like this- it's big.

Your point about losses is amusing because the unsaid portion of that is that those four loss seasons came with 9 or 10 wins. That hardly constitutes failure. You guys trying to paint that picture are just being silly.

Now, lets see how the season finishes for them AND THEN lets see if its more than just a single season anomaly. That is the rational approach. What it looks like to me is some bad luck in multiple games at the end and now that their season already seems blown, they are playing even worse. We may be at the tail end of worsened recruiting by Pelini which is complicated by a new coach coming in and trying to install a new system with this lesser talent.

We shall see but you guys and your doomsday stuff about Nebraska is silly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ne...ll_seasons

Here, people can look at the record stats for themselves and see more of the real picture rather than this fiction some folks are hell bent on selling in threads that are not the right place for it.
10-31-2015 08:55 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

The bottom line with Nebraska right now- they're at the lowest point they've been at since 1961. Even lower than the ill-fated Bill Callahan days. That's all. When you have the #4 team of all time in wins like this- it's something that you mention. Similar to what we saw with Texas earlier in the season(they're #3).
10-31-2015 08:57 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.