WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Other perspective ... then and now
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Other perspective ... then and now
While at the game saturday I was fortunate enough to hang out with some WMU bronco football alum... a couple who played both under Cubit AND Fleck. I couldn't help myself and had to ask them a few questions about the transition etc...

You could tell that both had EXTREMELY strong feelings about Cubit. They were both from Florida and spoke about him as high as anyone... Mentioned that while at Illinois he still took time to come back for big events for his players... to show them that he still supported them... That was something I was so happy to hear... Cubit is a class guy.

I didn't ask many questions directly about Fleck, just about the transition. They indicated that the energy level in the ENTIRE program went up... and by a lot. Without saying anything negative about Cubit, they indicated that the program really was re-charged by Fleck and his staff. Really loved the position coaches etc... They talked more like it was a business and these things happen... but that it really did seem like it was time to make the change...

One thing of note... The one guy said ... and I quote... "Braverman is the fastest white dude you will ever see... no disrespect of course... ".

It was a great perspective ... and that they were excited to be back... and around the program again for the day. They really did have Bronco pride... refreshing...

So... those of us still talking Cubit vs Fleck... It really doesn't matter... there shouldn't even be a comparison.... Cubit is doing great things and still showing love to his recruits here at WMU...nothing but class. Fleck has taken the reigns and is running the show the way he wants...

I am more upset about the handling of Cubit's release... than the hiring of Fleck... There is NO reason that either of them should be upset about the other... They are mutually exclusive... Fleck didn't TAKE Cubit's job. There was an opening, and he was asked to fill it... period. It was just nice to hear from a few players who played under both...
10-26-2015 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BCBronco Offline
All American

RE: Other perspective ... then and now
Thanks for sharing a balanced and interesting perspective. Few things are black and white, most are shades of gray, and so it is with Bill and PJ.
10-26-2015 02:43 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
It's no secret that Fleck is high energy, he's a good recruiter, and the players love him.
10-26-2015 03:27 PM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

The transition was tough for many of us. I liked Cubits style, whatever.

I'm over it. The program is following its process and things seem to be going well.

I think Fleck will stay for three more years, he will still be a young hire at that point, and should have a solid record well in hand.
10-26-2015 05:24 PM
wojo-kowski Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Western
(10-26-2015 02:20 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  While at the game saturday I was fortunate enough to hang out with some WMU bronco football alum... a couple who played both under Cubit AND Fleck. I couldn't help myself and had to ask them a few questions about the transition etc...

You could tell that both had EXTREMELY strong feelings about Cubit. They were both from Florida and spoke about him as high as anyone... Mentioned that while at Illinois he still took time to come back for big events for his players... to show them that he still supported them... That was something I was so happy to hear... Cubit is a class guy.

I didn't ask many questions directly about Fleck, just about the transition. They indicated that the energy level in the ENTIRE program went up... and by a lot. Without saying anything negative about Cubit, they indicated that the program really was re-charged by Fleck and his staff. Really loved the position coaches etc... They talked more like it was a business and these things happen... but that it really did seem like it was time to make the change...

One thing of note... The one guy said ... and I quote... "Braverman is the fastest white dude you will ever see... no disrespect of course... ".

It was a great perspective ... and that they were excited to be back... and around the program again for the day. They really did have Bronco pride... refreshing...

So... those of us still talking Cubit vs Fleck... It really doesn't matter... there shouldn't even be a comparison.... Cubit is doing great things and still showing love to his recruits here at WMU...nothing but class. Fleck has taken the reigns and is running the show the way he wants...

I am more upset about the handling of Cubit's release... than the hiring of Fleck... There is NO reason that either of them should be upset about the other... They are mutually exclusive... Fleck didn't TAKE Cubit's job. There was an opening, and he was asked to fill it... period. It was just nice to hear from a few players who played under both...

Thanks fro sharing this, I also heard the same thing from another player who played for Cubit and knows Fleck. This was a nice read, thank you.
10-26-2015 08:53 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Okay, I'll bite. It's not as if they told you anything controversial. They/you basically stated the obvious.

I find it AMAZING that BOTH OF YOU happened to come across these guys in a crowd of 18,000. What are the odds? I mean let's face it, there are only a handful of players that played for both Cubit and Fleck, and by a STROKE OF PURE LUCK, you ended up running into them.

Seeing they didn't say anything that isn't common knowledge, why don't you just tell us who they are.

Ready, set, go!
10-26-2015 09:04 PM
Advertisement

BCBronco Offline
All American

Quote:I find it AMAZING that BOTH OF YOU happened to come across these guys in a crowd of 18,000. What are the odds? I mean let's face it, there are only a handful of players that played for both Cubit and Fleck, and by a STROKE OF PURE LUCK, you ended up running into them.

It's not luck, it's part of the plan. The Lord acts in mysterious ways when getting his message out!
10-26-2015 09:07 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
(10-26-2015 09:07 PM)BCBronco Wrote:  
Quote:I find it AMAZING that BOTH OF YOU happened to come across these guys in a crowd of 18,000. What are the odds? I mean let's face it, there are only a handful of players that played for both Cubit and Fleck, and by a STROKE OF PURE LUCK, you ended up running into them.

It's not luck, it's part of the plan. The Lord acts in mysterious ways when getting his message out!

03-lmfao
10-26-2015 09:09 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Let's narrow it down

Bozeman- no

Maybe- Pettway, Simon, Brant, Scrivener, Ishmail, Celescar, Boles
10-26-2015 09:13 PM
wojo-kowski Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Western
(10-26-2015 09:04 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Okay, I'll bite. It's not as if they told you anything controversial. They/you basically stated the obvious.

I find it AMAZING that BOTH OF YOU happened to come across these guys in a crowd of 18,000. What are the odds? I mean let's face it, there are only a handful of players that played for both Cubit and Fleck, and by a STROKE OF PURE LUCK, you ended up running into them.

Seeing they didn't say anything that isn't common knowledge, why don't you just tell us who they are.

Ready, set, go!
Who said I spoke to former player for Cubit at the Miami game Chip? I said I knew this player (he played 1 year) for Cubit and now "knows" Fleck. I did NOT say I saw him at the Miami game or that he played for Fleck.
My wife and I sat with him at a local HS game two weeks ago and coaches were part of our discussion.

What are the odds that you didn't read it correctly. Your dislike of Fleck makes you "jump" on anything positive other have to say about our coach!

Actually, I enjoy some of the things you write, especially "cracks" about Central. Just wish you would get over your hate, Fleck is "our" Coach.
10-26-2015 09:25 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2015 09:25 PM)wojo-kowski Wrote:  
(10-26-2015 09:04 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Okay, I'll bite. It's not as if they told you anything controversial. They/you basically stated the obvious.

Ready, set, go!
Who said I spoke to former player for Cubit at the Miami game Chip? I said I knew this player (he played 1 year) for Cubit and now "knows" Fleck. I did NOT say I saw him at the Miami game or that he played for Fleck.
My wife and I sat with him at a local HS game two weeks ago and coaches were part of our discussion.

What are the odds that you didn't read it correctly. Your dislike of Fleck makes you "jump" on anything positive other have to say about our coach!

Actually, I enjoy some of the things you write, especially "cracks" about Central. Just wish you would get over your hate, Fleck is "our" Coach.

No, really, who were these FL guys who played for Fleck and Cubit?
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015 09:33 PM by Chipdip2.)
10-26-2015 09:28 PM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

(10-26-2015 09:13 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Let's narrow it down

Bozeman- no

Maybe- Pettway, Simon, Brant, Scrivener, Ishmail, Celescar, Boles

Highly doubtful. Doesn't pass the smell test.
10-26-2015 09:28 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-26-2015 09:28 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(10-26-2015 09:25 PM)wojo-kowski Wrote:  

Ready, set, go!

No, really, who were these FL guys who played for Fleck and Cubit?

Actually there was only ONE that played under both... the other player graduated during Cubit's last year.... I was mistaken... my apologies. The player that played under both was the voice I refer to in the commentary above.

Not really comfortable dropping names here... so you either believe me or you don't... I don't really care. I just thought it was an interesting perspective.
10-27-2015 11:03 AM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

You should probably just quit now.
10-27-2015 11:10 AM
wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
Yes, please stop. Hate to see another thread go this direction. Rinse, wash, repeat. I can't wait til DB and CD go at each other again. Oh the good old days. Those arguments were epic and funny. Some of the best internet discourse ever.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 01:22 PM by wmutkelaw.)
10-27-2015 01:21 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

(10-27-2015 11:10 AM)rtletterman Wrote:  You should probably just quit now.
Many on this board act like the spurned wife still hoping her love comes back home.
The divorce is over & time to move on.
10-27-2015 03:54 PM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

(10-27-2015 03:54 PM)okgc Wrote:  
(10-27-2015 11:10 AM)rtletterman Wrote:  You should probably just quit now.
Many on this board act like the spurned wife still hoping her love comes back home.
The divorce is over & time to move on.

It's not about any coach now. It's personal. I'm all in. Start something like they did, you need to see it through.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 04:04 PM by rtletterman.)
10-27-2015 04:03 PM
wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
Personal against whom?
10-27-2015 04:20 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(10-27-2015 04:20 PM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  Personal against whom?

Really?
10-27-2015 04:24 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-27-2015 04:20 PM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  Personal against whom?

Guessing this is directed at DB/Letterman. This guy is just pissed at anyone who has anything positive to say about PJ. If you find yourself in that group, he considers it personal... So there's your list.
10-27-2015 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.