Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Injuries
Bookmark and Share
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
Injuries
Miller, tutt and Lee. What's the deal? Hoping they are all OK!
10-25-2015 11:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
RE: Injuries
There was a tweet that Tutt broke his leg
10-25-2015 11:05 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
Tutt broken ankle

Miller is a concussion/neck.

Lee looked like a broken foot.
10-25-2015 11:14 AM
Dukester Online

(10-25-2015 11:14 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  Tutt broken ankle

Where did you get info on Lee?
10-25-2015 11:38 AM
Atbjmu09 Offline
Water Engineer

The Miller injury looked helmet to helmet contact...how was that player not ejected from the game for that hit?
10-25-2015 11:49 AM
NYJMUPIKE Offline
2nd String

Caught the second half yesterday. I have a feeling Lee's injury is serious, just due to his emotional reaction. I truly hope that I am wrong...what a great captain he has been so far for this team.
10-25-2015 11:51 AM
Advertisement

hburg Online

I Root For: James Madison
There seemed like a lot of bad calls and no calls.....
10-25-2015 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Injuries
(10-25-2015 11:49 AM)Atbjmu09 Wrote:  The Miller injury looked helmet to helmet contact...how was that player not ejected from the game for that hit?

Because we're JMU and we have gotten a whopping one targeting call in our favor since the rule was instated, while they've called five or more on us.
10-25-2015 12:37 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(10-25-2015 11:38 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 11:14 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  Tutt broken ankle

Where did you get info on Lee?

no info...just my take away from the obvious pain he was in and the way the training staff was working on him.
10-25-2015 12:39 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Injuries
(10-25-2015 11:52 AM)hburg Wrote:  There seemed like a lot of bad calls and no calls.....

It was more the no-calls against Richmond's defense, mainly pass interference. Their o-line was able to hold all game long with no calls either. The best pass defense is pass interference that doesn't get called. An o-line looks great when they hold and don't get called. It was reminiscent of the Liberty playoff game last year. You can't win sometimes when the refs let your opponent get away with a lot.

With that being said, the defense was atrocious and the worst I've ever seen in a single game. 59 points has to be a record against any opponent since 1999.
Everett may have brought us Vad, but I really miss mickey's defenses.
10-25-2015 12:42 PM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

I wonder if we can expect to hear anything on Miller and Lee today. Miller's injury looked very serious so I would love to hear how he's doing. If Lee's injury is a fracture I would think the team would already know it. The way Lee was putting Bible verses up on Twitter last night, I fear it is bad.
10-25-2015 12:45 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2015 12:42 PM)Potomac Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 11:52 AM)hburg Wrote:  There seemed like a lot of bad calls and no calls.....

It was more the no-calls against Richmond's defense, mainly pass interference. Their o-line was able to hold all game long with no calls either. The best pass defense is pass interference that doesn't get called. An o-line looks great when they hold and don't get called. It was reminiscent of the Liberty playoff game last year. You can't win sometimes when the refs let your opponent get away with a lot.

With that being said, the defense was atrocious and the worst I've ever seen in a single game. 59 points has to be a record against any opponent since 1999.
Everett may have brought us Vad, but I really miss mickey's defenses.

Agree 100% about the missed holding calls, and the D.

Time to swallow some pride (on both parties part) and bring back MM to coach the D?

I know, it'll never happen....but Wither's staff appears to be incapable in skeming defenses that work.
10-25-2015 12:47 PM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M Tribe
Guys, to me the CAA refs are guilty most often of "no-calls". I did not see your game, as I was in Wmsburg yesterday, and there were the usual suite of "no-calls". Hoping for game next week that does not feature game changing officiating activity.
10-25-2015 12:49 PM
Sesandrews Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU, GA Tech
(10-25-2015 12:49 PM)TribeNomad Wrote:  Guys, to me the CAA refs are guilty most often of "no-calls". I did not see your game, as I was in Wmsburg yesterday, and there were the usual suite of "no-calls". Hoping for game next week that does not feature game changing officiating activity.

From reliable source, Vad is out for the rest of the season. He will have surgery today to put a steel rod in his ankle. He appArently suffered a bone separation in his ankle. Also was told by this source that Tutt is also out for season with broken Ankle. The news brought tears to my eyes!

What a wonderful class act Vad has been at JMU. I Feel sure that once he is able he will be on the sidelines helping out anyway he can! Go Dukes!
10-25-2015 01:10 PM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
Injuries
Wow. Something I've been scared of all year.
10-25-2015 01:18 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Injuries
(10-25-2015 12:49 PM)TribeNomad Wrote:  Guys, to me the CAA refs are guilty most often of "no-calls". I did not see your game, as I was in Wmsburg yesterday, and there were the usual suite of "no-calls". Hoping for game next week that does not feature game changing officiating activity.

I agree. For every bad call, there seems to be three bad no-calls. I may have a bias... But another trend is that on borderline calls, they will call it frequently on one team and almost not at all for the other team. Both teams are committing them too.
In the big boy conferences, "home cooking" seems to be common, while CAA refs seemed to have no gotten that memo... At least at JMU home games.
10-25-2015 01:20 PM
Advertisement

atljmualum Online
All American

Injuries
(10-25-2015 01:10 PM)Sesandrews Wrote:  

From reliable source, Vad is out for the rest of the season. He will have surgery today to put a steel rod in his ankle. He appArently suffered a bone separation in his ankle. Also was told by this source that Tutt is also out for season with broken Ankle. The news brought tears to my eyes!

What a wonderful class act Vad has been at JMU. I Feel sure that once he is able he will be on the sidelines helping out anyway he can! Go Dukes!

This is awful news on multiple fronts.
10-25-2015 01:24 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

While I hope and pray Vad's injury is not this severe, if he is out the season is there any hope he will get another year of eligibility?
10-25-2015 01:27 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2015 12:37 PM)Potomac Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 11:49 AM)Atbjmu09 Wrote:  The Miller injury looked helmet to helmet contact...how was that player not ejected from the game for that hit?

Because we're JMU and we have gotten a whopping one targeting call in our favor since the rule was instated, while they've called five or more on us.

The Miller injury wasn't helmet under the rules.

JMU has gotten at least a couple of targeting calls in JMU's favor since last year- Last year vs TU and this year vs TU. And they were both BS.

I only recall 4 on JMU since last year- all last year. 3 on Marlowe (all BS) and 1 on the Fr safety in the RU game (legit). Who was the 5th? Last year or this year?

Hate the rule. And there should be no ejection with no instant replay.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 01:31 PM by BDKJMU.)
10-25-2015 01:27 PM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

(10-25-2015 01:27 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  

While I hope and pray Vad's injury is not this severe, if he is out the season is there any hope he will get another year of eligibility?

He's played more than half the season so I don't think a medical redshirt would apply to him.
10-25-2015 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.