I Root For: ETSU
JC Press: Strategic Plan lays out ETSU priorities
10-24-2015 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

etsubuc Online
1st String

RE: JC Press: Strategic Plan lays out ETSU priorities
Good article. The plan by the administration is to be competitive to win the conference in 2018, not 2016. We have to build this thing from the ground.

The article also reinforced my concern with the stadium. It sounds like we are getting behind schedule before we even start, and do not have the funding to build what we want to build. Personally, I think the 7,000 seat stadium (take off the end-zone seating) would be a better plan anyway. We can sell out 7,000 seats, I have never envisioned a time that we can sell out 10,000 seats on a regular basis. Lets just get started!
10-25-2015 06:13 AM
ETSU-07 Offline
2nd String

This is what happens when you have a real AD instead of a tennis coach. Emphasizing the big 3 sports is exactly as it should be. It's what everybody else does around the country. Even with the present leadership it's going to take a long time to dig out of the hole that fully funding Olympic sports instead of prioritizing the visible sports put us in. This is a big step in that direction.
10-25-2015 10:32 AM
bucfan81 Offline
All American

(10-25-2015 10:32 AM)ETSU-07 Wrote:  This is what happens when you have a real AD instead of a tennis coach. Emphasizing the big 3 sports is exactly as it should be. It's what everybody else does around the country. Even with the present leadership it's going to take a long time to dig out of the hole that fully funding Olympic sports instead of prioritizing the visible sports put us in. This is a big step in that direction.

Dittos! We are finally headed in the right direction. Digging out of a hole, yes, but heading upward.
10-25-2015 10:48 AM

etsubuc Online
1st String

See what I get for not reading the article before commenting on it. I read the article below on the JC Press website early this morning and thought it was the same article that brock20 posted. Obviously, it is not. My comments related to this article which describes the low expectations for this football season and the stadium issues:

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football...tball.html
10-25-2015 11:19 AM
brock20 Offline
1st String

Lots of things from the couple of articles that got posted:

Glad we are finally acknowledging that it is time to fund the big 3 sports (football, mens and womens bball) like they should be instead of putting an emphasis on the olympic sports.

Disappointed to hear that the stadium isnt going to be 100% complete in the first phase but if they can get a 7k stadium built in 2017 that looks nice and has a nice grassy area in the end zone then I would call it a success. That area would be nice for like 5 dollar tickets.
10-25-2015 11:46 AM
Buc66 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Does this (below) indicate that we should be a competitive FCS program (eventually)
if money has anything to do with it? The department shows a $14.4 mil budget for this year. If my memory serves me, that is a decent FCS budget in comparison to others.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 03:27 PM by Buc66.)
10-25-2015 03:06 PM

brock20 Offline
1st String

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Basketba...m&lp=2&p=1

Another good article. Spells out how basketball is our best opportunity for national exposure.
10-25-2015 06:31 PM
Buc66 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(10-25-2015 06:31 PM)brock20 Wrote:  http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Basketba...m&lp=2&p=1

Another good article. Spells out how basketball is our best opportunity for national exposure.

Now, we heard this talk in 2003. Of course, it was only talk (part of the big lie). Question now is, where will ETSU athletics be ten years hence?
10-26-2015 03:51 PM
brock20 Offline
1st String

10-26-2015 06:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.