Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I had to look at the last time...
Bookmark and Share
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
I had to look at the last time...
As a diehard Herd fan, every week there is a home game my week is centered around it, however this week I have noticed that even though it's homecoming I can't seem to find a reason to care. I had to look back at the last time I was, for the most part, indifferent for a conference game and it was Nov 2010 when we were 4-7 playing Tulane. We had nothing to gain but just winning our last game of the season.

I was excited about North Texas coming here when I first saw the schedule and now it's just depressing. Not to pile on but we will likely rest most of our players that have even a hangnail because, we should win no matter who plays. North Texas is the FAU of the West, tons of advantages and tons of losses. Both in fertile recruiting areas, new stadiums, good weather all year for the most part, major markets they don't own even a piece of, etc.

To make it even worse we play Charlotte next week another cakewalk. I guess the positive is that we are pretty much 8-1 already.

Go Herd!!!
10-21-2015 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: I had to look at the last time...
(10-21-2015 09:45 PM)MU42 Wrote:  As a diehard Herd fan, every week there is a home game my week is centered around it, however this week I have noticed that even though it's homecoming I can't seem to find a reason to care. I had to look back at the last time I was, for the most part, indifferent for a conference game and it was Nov 2010 when we were 4-7 playing Tulane. We had nothing to gain but just winning our last game of the season.

I was excited about North Texas coming here when I first saw the schedule and now it's just depressing. Not to pile on but we will likely rest most of our players that have even a hangnail because, we should win no matter who plays. North Texas is the FAU of the West, tons of advantages and tons of losses. Both in fertile recruiting areas, new stadiums, good weather all year for the most part, major markets they don't own even a piece of, etc.

To make it even worse we play Charlotte next week another cakewalk. I guess the positive is that we are pretty much 8-1 already.

Go Herd!!!

I would not sleep on NT. A wounded dog bites and NT showed some grit with a new a QB against WKU and played us better than Rice or Middle.
10-21-2015 10:08 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(10-21-2015 10:08 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(10-21-2015 09:45 PM)MU42 Wrote:  As a diehard Herd fan, every week there is a home game my week is centered around it, however this week I have noticed that even though it's homecoming I can't seem to find a reason to care. I had to look back at the last time I was, for the most part, indifferent for a conference game and it was Nov 2010 when we were 4-7 playing Tulane. We had nothing to gain but just winning our last game of the season.

Go Herd!!!

I would not sleep on NT. A wounded dog bites and NT showed some grit with a new a QB against WKU and played us better than Rice or Middle.
Epic Applause sleep on no one!
10-21-2015 10:42 PM
HD76 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd

Go Herd!!!

No worries. If our team had the same attitude and football sense that ole '42 has, we'd be winless right now.

And if he didn't live his life online vicariously through 18 year olds, maybe attend a game once in a decade, he'd find that there will be perfect football weather this weekend, a great homecoming event, and 20,000 Marshall grads sharing memories of the past. No - best to stay home and b!tch anonymously about our opponent and a true freshman QB 's performance and wonder why he can't look more experienced in his 5-0 run.

I swear he reminds me of the MAC fans back in the 70's when they were trashing us.

I want to welcome all NT fans and their team to Huntington. Stop by any tailgate and have a beverage. I promise you our fans are NOT like this guy.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015 07:59 AM by HD76.)
10-22-2015 05:58 AM
ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

(10-22-2015 05:58 AM)HD76 Wrote:  

Go Herd!!!

No worries. If our team had the same attitude and football sense that ole '42 has, we'd be winless right now.

And if he didn't live his life online vicariously through 18 year olds, maybe attend a game once in a decade, he'd find that there will be perfect football weather this weekend, a great homecoming event, and 20,000 Marshall grads sharing memories of the past. No - best to stay home and b!tch anonymously about our opponent and a true freshman QB 's performance and wonder why he can't look more experienced in his 5-0 run.

I swear he reminds me of the MAC fans back in the 70's when they were trashing us.

I want the welcome all NT fans and their team to Huntington. Stop by any tailgate and have a beverage. I promise you our fans are NOT like this guy.

Well said.
10-22-2015 07:22 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU

Go Herd!!!

I want the welcome all NT fans and their team to Huntington. Stop by any tailgate and have a beverage. I promise you our fans are NOT like this guy.

Thanks. That's the TRUE Herd spirit!
10-22-2015 07:30 AM
Advertisement

bonegreen Offline
2nd String

2003-2011 we were awful. I am pulling for NT to get well in FB. Hope their trip east is a safe one.
10-22-2015 07:34 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
42 needs to step away from the computer. Obviously he never played sports. Any team can win on any given day. That's been proven time and time again. NT is playing for pride and will not roll over. I am sure they will play hard and have that - us against the world mindset. Hope their fans that come enjoy the game day experience and Huntington.
10-22-2015 07:53 AM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
no need to buy extra beer or food for those wandering north texas fans...there will be very, very, very, very, very, very few of them there...like 17 or so...serious...most of us have given up on roadtrips this year to watch the pile of stankyness that is our team. the boys will play hard, but the coaching staff and ad have not built up a competitive team...0-12 baby!
10-22-2015 08:01 AM
919R Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers

Go Herd!!!

01-ncaabbs
10-22-2015 09:20 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

Go Herd!!!

I want to welcome all NT fans and their team to Huntington. Stop by any tailgate and have a beverage. I promise you our fans are NOT like this guy.

just + to that....every team has 'em....it's better for everyone they stay inside 03-wink
10-22-2015 10:23 AM
Advertisement

HD76 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
(10-22-2015 10:23 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Go Herd!!!

just + to that....every team has 'em....it's better for everyone they stay inside 03-wink

LOL. Good point!
10-22-2015 11:37 AM
MU42 Offline
1st String

Never said I wouldn't be there. I'll be rooting on the Herd, but it's not like they will need it. It's just hard to get amped up when the opponent isn't even trying.
10-22-2015 12:31 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

I guess I'm mostly just tired of there being no competition. WKU and MTSU will probably be the only teams to actually test us in conference. And LT if we make the championship game.
10-22-2015 12:36 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-21-2015 09:45 PM)MU42 Wrote:  To make it even worse we play Charlotte next week another cakewalk. I guess the positive is that we are pretty much 8-1 already.

Go Herd!!!

Can't ya'll just feel the love!! lol COGS
10-22-2015 01:26 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

Heh. I (as if I am on the team...lol) Never think lightly of any school. In 1998 we were 9-1 and were playing WOFFORD at home in the last game of the regular season. We had already clinched the MAC east and were getting some love in the polls... We had to block a potential game-winning field goal to win 29-27...

We went on to beat Toledo in the MACCG and Louisville in the Motor City bowl, but the point is that no team should be chalked up as an "automatic win"...
10-22-2015 01:42 PM
Advertisement

lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I remember that Tulane game in 2010. It was sunny and COLD. Star QB Brian Anderson was in, and we never even attempted to get anything going on offense after we got ahead. Tulane players jumped on our midfield logo before the game started, kinda got me riled up for about 10 minutes.
10-22-2015 04:54 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(10-22-2015 04:54 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  I remember that Tulane game in 2010. It was sunny and COLD. Star QB Brian Anderson was in, and we never even attempted to get anything going on offense after we got ahead. Tulane players jumped on our midfield logo before the game started, kinda got me riled up for about 10 minutes.

I see what you did there 03-lmfao
10-23-2015 08:02 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(10-21-2015 10:42 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

Go Herd!!!

Epic Applause sleep on no one!

Sleep on no one. Unless it's Megan Fox.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2015 08:18 PM by Funslinger.)
10-23-2015 08:18 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(10-22-2015 12:36 PM)MU42 Wrote:  I guess I'm mostly just tired of there being no competition. WKU and MTSU will probably be the only teams to actually test us in conference. And LT if we make the championship game.

If Southern Miss hadn't turned the ball over five times Marshall may have lost that game.

Total yards: USM 439 MU 277
Passing yards: USM 314 MU 163
Rushing yards: USM 125 MU 114
TOP: USM 32:22 MU 27:38

Marshall earned the victory but just sayin'.
10-23-2015 08:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.