Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LSU Tigers
Bookmark and Share
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Exclamation LSU Tigers
I am interested to hear some opinions from mostly LaTech fans about LSU, the program and their fans.
Just from what I have read they sound like typical SEC fans most expect an easy game and some even suggested resting Fournette. When someone tried to post something subjective they seemed to discredit it as being over reactive.
Not sure about Les Miles. I noticed at his Monday presser he was bragging on WKU claiming they should be a top 25 team. Not sure how much was coach speak type stuff trying make sure the team stays interested and is not thinking about Alabama. He read info that was written down and noticed he called Doughty, "Daugherty" which leads me to believe he does not that much about the Toppers yet. Not sure how much film he had even watched.
I am hoping we keep playing like we have been and make this a game they remember.
10-20-2015 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: LSU Tigers
Be prepared to get called "Tiger Bait" over and over and over if you attend the game. For the most parts, their fans are your typical run of the mill SEC idiots on steroids. If the game ends up being close, they'll blame it on resting their starters.
10-20-2015 08:03 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

Miles is "special" if you know what I mean... he eats grass on the field. They have a very talented team though... I think you will be shocked after the game. So much speed everywhere. Don't talk to their fans, they are the most obnoxious fanbase in the country.
10-20-2015 08:12 PM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-20-2015 07:52 PM)Franko Wrote:  I am interested to hear some opinions from mostly LaTech fans about LSU, the program and their fans.
Just from what I have read they sound like typical SEC fans most expect an easy game and some even suggested resting Fournette. When someone tried to post something subjective they seemed to discredit it as being over reactive.
Not sure about Les Miles. I noticed at his Monday presser he was bragging on WKU claiming they should be a top 25 team. Not sure how much was coach speak type stuff trying make sure the team stays interested and is not thinking about Alabama. He read info that was written down and noticed he called Doughty, "Daugherty" which leads me to believe he does not that much about the Toppers yet. Not sure how much film he had even watched.
I am hoping we keep playing like we have been and make this a game they remember.

Prepare yourself to observe first hand what a program with over $100,000,000 annual athletic budget is like. The fans, the atmosphere, etc is unmatched anywhere. Sure, they are arrogant and elite but have earned that status. They swat away the other programs in this state as if they were gnats.
10-20-2015 08:36 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Worst fanbase I have ever seen. The last time we played them we beat them and got Curly Hallman fired from there. The last time I went to a baseball game with them they slit my sons tire with a knife....
10-20-2015 08:38 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
They have a serious superiority complex. Most are friendly, but there are higher than average numbers of whackos.
10-20-2015 09:09 PM
Advertisement

winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
LSU plays up or down to their competition more than any other top SEC program since Miles became coach. For that last few years or so their passing game is terrible even though they have NFL caliber WR's most years. They have lots of talent year in and out and lead the SEC in current NFL players I think. Fournette is really good and the FR Guice backing him up is going to be solid as well.

Sounds like a perfect trap game for LSU if they take WKU lightly and your OL can give him time to throw the ball. Good luck
10-20-2015 09:11 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
They beat EMU by pretty much half what Toledo did, if that tells you anything.
10-20-2015 09:36 PM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

It's 100000 drunk cajuns and college kids.

Have fun.
10-20-2015 11:05 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

places I would rather go than lsu to watch a football game; jail, the moon (without benefit of oxygen), an ISIS square dance on alternative lifestyle date night.

extremely drunk, highly profane, moderately threatening coon ass loudmouths roving in small packs looking for trouble. leave your money, your car, your children, and your wife/girlfriend at home.
10-21-2015 12:13 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

So on the off chance Western wins this game I probably shouldn't drive my best car (all have them) with WKU plates and WKU caps in the back window?
10-21-2015 12:55 AM
Advertisement

deb025 Offline
Banned

(10-21-2015 12:55 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  So on the off chance Western wins this game I probably shouldn't drive my best car (all have them) with WKU plates and WKU caps in the back window?

Probably shouldn't. They will break into their own fans cars and steal everything in there. See this thread from tigerdroppings. Apparently a LSU fan from Florida drove to last weeks game in Baton Rouge and parked at the Chevron on Highland and Roosevelt in Baton Rouge and their car was broken into. They paid $25 dollars to park at the gas station and was assured their car would be safe. Be careful were you park if you go to the game.

Car broken into at LSU game
10-21-2015 02:31 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

(10-21-2015 12:13 AM)EagleX Wrote:  places I would rather go than lsu to watch a football game; jail, the moon (without benefit of oxygen), an ISIS square dance on alternative lifestyle date night.

extremely drunk, highly profane, moderately threatening coon ass loudmouths roving in small packs looking for trouble. leave your money, your car, your children, and your wife/girlfriend at home.
Pretty damn funny. 03-lmfao
Their posters remind me, in general, of UK basketball fans. They have a lack of knowledge about their opponent unless it is a contender in the SEC. Make a lot of brash and misguided statements from lack of knowledge or just pure arrogance. They seem to discount anything that defies their entitlement to superiority. Leading EMU by 10 going into the 4th quarter & only beating Syracuse by 10, for example, are dismissed as not playing up to their potential and fails to give any credit to how the opponent performed.
10-21-2015 05:17 AM
Theflash Offline
1st String

Sounds like UK basketball fans.
10-21-2015 06:17 AM
CincyDave Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Reading their message board this week feels a lot like reading the UT Vols message board in 2013. Most posters think they'll roll over us with a few saying "be careful their quarterback is good."

Hopefully the LSU game is better than the Vols game was.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 06:39 AM by CincyDave.)
10-21-2015 06:38 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

INside CBS talked quite a bit about our team last night on their INside College football show....Amazingly they were not making fun of us too much, but showed arrogance by not bothering to pick the game....Doughty got a lot of praise and these guys are P5 cartel all the way..

As far as actual game goes, I either see 2 scenarios, we crap our pants similar to UT and get blown out from the start or we make LSU sweat most of the game...I really have a heard time seeing anything else happening...Here's to the latter!
10-21-2015 07:04 AM
Advertisement

Dawg87 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA Tech
(10-21-2015 12:13 AM)EagleX Wrote:  places I would rather go than lsu to watch a football game; jail, the moon (without benefit of oxygen), an ISIS square dance on alternative lifestyle date night.

This very on point. Best to travel with a group of friends and certainly not an environment to take your family into, especially if you are the opponent.
10-21-2015 07:56 AM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

They also smell like corndogs.

In all seriousness, Tiger Stadium is a fun atmosphere to be in, so long as the fans aren't being too ridiculous. Huge stadium.

It is the only stadium I've had someone threaten to fight me in during a game. Was sitting directly behind this drunk guy (which describes 87% of LSU fans on gameday) and he couldn't be still, so my knees kept hitting him in the back (I'm 6'3" with long legs)....During the middle of the game he stands up, turns around and threatens me because I kept kicking him in the back. Fortunately, everybody in the section was wanting to watch the game so they were telling him to shut his drunk *** up and turn around and watch the game.

I also wore a USM hat to a LSU/MSU baseball game at the old Alex Box Stadium and got booed by an entire section when I was leaving the bleachers to go to the concession stand.

It's certainly not a campus/stadium I would take young kids to on gameday, but that's just me.
10-21-2015 08:03 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
Tiger stadium is a wonderful place to be....if you are a Tigger fan. They don't like other fans very much, and everyone's drunk all the time. Not happy fun drunk, mean drunk.
10-21-2015 08:06 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
I've worn the visiting team's colors at Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU. LSU was by far the least pleasant experience. Their fans (male and female) tend to be drunk, angry, insecure, and abusive to anyone who doesn't support their team.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 08:06 AM by Native Georgian.)
10-21-2015 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.