WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Noodle arm
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Noodle arm
I haven't seen any other MAC QB's this year other than the two WMU played.

But it is hard to imagine anyone better.

I understand the OL is mature and talented, with Keenoy being the latter. But ZT's moxey is the difference. Stands as tall as 6'1" QB can in the pocket letting his receivers make their moves/adjustments. Puts the ball where they can catch it often with some defender in his grill but only after the OL did it's job.

Two throws to Davis, one not completed in the 2Q on a scramble and then the TD in the 4th are indicative. Hit Davis in the mitts on Corey's acrobatic attempt on a 3rd and long. But ZT put only where CD could make the play. And then of course the TD off his back foot giving him that extra millisecond to get it off laying out perfectly in stride to CD.

Made some smart decisions pulling the ball and keeping it himself. I know some have been calling for that. I've leaned that way too but don't need for him to get hit unnecessarily with the backs WMU has. But his decisions were spot on and critical. Kept drives alive, got OL off the hook to hold knowing he was fast tracking it to move the chains.

Gaudy numbers are just that, numbers. The only really decisive number is wins. It's a team effort and in Athens, it came together. Enough that OU packed it in early in the 2nd half. ZT drives that bus. His mates seem to enjoy going out on the road with him!
10-17-2015 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Noodle arm
BG's QB is no joke. He's fun to watch.
10-17-2015 10:50 PM
wmubroncopilot Online
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Johnson's the only QB I'd put above Terrell at this point.
10-17-2015 11:20 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-17-2015 11:20 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  Johnson's the only QB I'd put above Terrell at this point.

Is that one and the same? Johnson is at BG?
10-17-2015 11:21 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Johnson's the only QB I'd put above Terrell at this point.

Yep. CMU's QB is about as good as Terrell... NIU's is skitzo like MSU's, so it'd take near the end of the season to sort that out. But at this point, Matt Johnson for BGSU is the best QB, IMO.

Terrell though -- is GOOD. Good call to roll with him thru thick and thin.

Quote:Is that one and the same? Johnson is at BG?

Matt Johnson at BGSU, yeah. Best QB of the MAC. Year before last, and so far, this year.

I'm pissed they didn't take out Memphis. Basically what turned from a boxing match (real game) to a bar brawl -- whoever has the ball last wins. Still upsets me about that.

If BGSU would have won that -- Toledo or BGSU would go to the Access Bowl. Sigh.
10-18-2015 02:00 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Noodle arm
Helps to have the top 2 receivers in the MAC. And if our running game is THIS good, watch out.
10-18-2015 05:54 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I hope Zach doesn't have ANY effects on his neck, head, back, body from yesterday. I can't BELIEVE he was ok after that helmet to helmet. I hope Coach Fleck inspires him to never lower his head like that again. That looked BRUTAL.

Yesterday's little #RunTheBall wasn't good for his yardage stats, but Zach is the 14th highest rated QB in all the land.
10-18-2015 08:16 AM
floridabronco Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU #1
I think Zach is certainly in the top three. Not in order, Zach, Ely and Johnson.
10-18-2015 08:21 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

And it sure seems like he's changing his best!
10-18-2015 08:24 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-18-2015 08:21 AM)floridabronco Wrote:  I think Zach is certainly in the top three. Not in order, Zach, Ely and Johnson.

I think Cooper Rush is easily in that top group.
10-18-2015 08:35 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-18-2015 05:54 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Helps to have the top 2 receivers in the MAC. And if our running game is THIS good, watch out.

You cant control what you cant control. You are correct in that you ascribe his success to those factors. I have repeatedly stated the OL's contribution. And your entitled to your opinion but don't minimize HIS contribution.

Only he has to accurately discern and coordinate when, where and to whom to throw with people breathing down his neck and charging into his grill. The receivers simply have to catch the ball. Recall the angst re Braverman dropping what some called a certain TD. Most catches, I would venture a guess of 90% + aren't highly contested. These are skilled athletes who's job is to catch the ball. They do a very good job of it. But not a single catch can even be attempted unless the ball is delivered. There are plenty of QB's with like surrounding attributes who couldn't and don't. More importantly, ZT has always had IT. The surrounding core has improved. The OL two years ago wasn't nearly the same. Two years ago the running game didn't exist as it does. But even then ZT had IT. IT has been buffed and burnished. It now shines more because he isn't always at the bottom of a pile of DL's or LB's after making a toss.

All of this without the gift of the ability to run like some others. So actually he is doing IT with less.
10-18-2015 10:23 AM
bg816 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(10-18-2015 05:54 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Helps to have the top 2 receivers in the MAC. And if our running game is THIS good, watch out.

Not to degrade your receivers, but BG's Roger Lewis is arguably the best WR in the COUNTRY. Just had to point that out. Seemed a glaring omission. But kudos, regardless.
10-18-2015 11:35 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Terrell is playing like a grown man. Stands strong in the pocket and always takes the hits, but delivers the ball where it needs to go. Wish he would slide on those runs though...some of the hits he's taking are scary for anyone, but even more so for our starting QB.

Overall, he's the heart and soul of this team. I love the way he plays!
10-18-2015 11:37 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Noodle arm
(10-18-2015 11:35 AM)bg816 Wrote:  

Not to degrade your receivers, but BG's Roger Lewis is arguably the best WR in the COUNTRY.

Bold statement.

Look forward to our upcoming matchup.
10-18-2015 12:03 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
Not sure who is the best, but I am sure I wouldn't trade our guy for any of the others. It's his head that makes him who he is. Courageous in the pocket and smart.
10-18-2015 04:54 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Yeah. Braverman's circus catch was possible because the throw was MONEY.
10-18-2015 08:03 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Not to mention Braverman's 2nd TD yesterday. Zach 's throw was perfect with lots of bobcats in the area.
10-18-2015 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.