Ohio

UB
Akron

Kent
UMass
EMU
BSU

Miami

Roughly in tiers. First four should be pretty unanimous at this point.
10-17-2015 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
RE: Week 7 Power Rankings
(10-17-2015 08:41 PM)eich41 Wrote:  
(10-17-2015 08:16 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  What does everyone have

Toledo
BG
WMU
CMU

NIU
Ohio

UB
Akron

Kent
UMass
EMU
BSU

Miami

03-lmfao
10-17-2015 09:17 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
(10-17-2015 09:17 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  

Toledo
BG
WMU
CMU

NIU
Ohio

UB
Akron

Kent
UMass
EMU
BSU

Miami

03-lmfao

What do you have different?
10-17-2015 09:35 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
(10-17-2015 09:35 PM)eich41 Wrote:  

Toledo
BG
WMU
CMU

NIU
Ohio

UB
Akron

Kent
UMass
EMU
BSU

Miami

03-lmfao

He is having a hard time dealing with NIU sucking right now. Let him be as he sits alone at a corner table in the bar, mumbling to himself, every so often braking out into psychotic laughter followed by stern fist pound on the table. Give him a few more weeks and he will be able to work it through in his mind and then he will rejoin the world or the sane.........or not, and the state will 01-wingedeagle have him committed and hopefully take away his internet privileges.

03-razz
10-18-2015 07:48 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(10-18-2015 07:48 AM)westernwilly Wrote:  
(10-17-2015 09:35 PM)eich41 Wrote:  

Toledo
BG
WMU
CMU

NIU
Ohio

UB
Akron

Kent
UMass
EMU
BSU

Miami

03-lmfao

He is having a hard time dealing with NIU sucking right now. Let him be as he sits alone at a corner table in the bar, mumbling to himself, every so often braking out into psychotic laughter followed by stern fist pound on the table. Give him a few more weeks and he will be able to work it through in his mind and then he will rejoin the world or the sane.........or not, and the state will 01-wingedeagle have him committed and hopefully take away his internet privileges.

03-razz

Or maybe he is just amused at the thought that there is ever a unanimous opinion on this board.
10-18-2015 08:31 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
IMO, NIU belongs in the top tier. What's more important though, is that the Huskies have the Offense rolling again. I think this team will be more than ready for the tough part of the schedule that starts Nov 3rd in Toledo.
Before anyone writes off NIU, see the 2011 season. The Huskies started out 2-3, lost the MAC opener at CMU and looked flat-out awful on defense. What happened after that was a much-improved defense, 9 straight wins, a MAC Championship and a Bowl Win in Mobile.
10-18-2015 09:14 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
NIU's offense isn't necessarily rolling again, you just played Miami. Big handicap.
10-18-2015 09:41 AM
westernwilly Offline
All American

(10-18-2015 09:14 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  IMO, NIU belongs in the top tier. What's more important though, is that the Huskies have the Offense rolling again. I think this team will be more than ready for the tough part of the schedule that starts Nov 3rd in Toledo.
Before anyone writes off NIU, see the 2011 season. The Huskies started out 2-3, lost the MAC opener at CMU and looked flat-out awful on defense. What happened after that was a much-improved defense, 9 straight wins, a MAC Championship and a Bowl Win in Mobile.
Nobody is writing them off. But until they prove otherwise,they are where they are.
I thought the same way about how everyone was dissing Western and they unjustly had us way low even after we beat CMU (some people had us below UB and BSU). However, I kept silent and waited to see how well we played in MAC competition.

As things stand right now, NIU has not earned a spot in the elite group. To get there, you need to be either undefeated or have quality wins. Right now you have not beaten a team with a winning record and you already have a loss to one of the upper tier teams (who has already lost to my BroncosCOGS)

For now, accept how things are, keep winning and then prove everyone wrong next month against Toledo. You will really need that win because Western is going to crush you!......just kidding. I expect us to win, but I know it will be close.
10-18-2015 09:50 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(10-18-2015 09:50 AM)westernwilly Wrote:  
(10-18-2015 09:14 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  IMO, NIU belongs in the top tier. What's more important though, is that the Huskies have the Offense rolling again. I think this team will be more than ready for the tough part of the schedule that starts Nov 3rd in Toledo.
Nobody is writing them off. But until they prove otherwise,they are where they are.
I thought the same way about how everyone was dissing Western and they unjustly had us way low even after we beat CMU (some people had us below UB and BSU). However, I kept silent and waited to see how well we played in MAC competition.

As things stand right now, NIU has not earned a spot in the elite group. To get there, you need to be either undefeated or have quality wins. Right now you have not beaten a team with a winning record and you already have a loss to one of the upper tier teams (who has already lost to my BroncosCOGS)

For now, accept how things are, keep winning and then prove everyone wrong next month against Toledo. You will really need that win because Western is going to crush you!......just kidding. I expect us to win, but I know it will be close.

That's fair enough. UT and WMU do control their own destiny; we don't

Can't wait to go to the Glass Bowl on Nov. 3rd! 02-13-banana
10-18-2015 10:05 AM
Advertisement

eich41 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
I wouldn't argue against including NIU in the top tier, but it still wouldn't change the top 4. Sure they could end up winning the MAC again, but at this point, I think those are the top 4 teams, and in that order. If someone thinks NIU should be ahead of CMU at this point, I'd love to hear your argument. A couple of big offensive showings against what might be the two worst teams in the MAC doesn't make up for a 10 point head to head loss. In a few more weeks, power rankings become irrelevant. At that point, you can pretty much just use the standings.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 10:26 AM by eich41.)
10-18-2015 10:25 AM
John52168 Offline
All American

Crappies
I have always believed that the team to beat in any sport is the defending champion and until they are mathematically eliminated they still remain a conference elite. With that said, I would put NIU in their own tier still as one of the teams to beat, but in trouble and in need of utter chaos in the MAC West.
10-18-2015 10:44 AM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(10-18-2015 10:44 AM)John52168 Wrote:  I have always believed that the team to beat in any sport is the defending champion and until they are mathematically eliminated they still remain a conference elite. With that said, I would put NIU in their own tier still as one of the teams to beat, but in trouble and in need of utter chaos in the MAC West.

NIU doesn't need utter chaos to win the MAC West.

They need to run the table the rest of the way and have Toledo beat everybody else on their schedule besides NIU. That happens, NIU wins the West.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 10:52 AM by BarsemaBone2.)
10-18-2015 10:51 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
NIU fans taking the spot of every Toledo fan in the past 5 seasons!

Toledo hasnt played the best teams so far in MAC play but they are winning rather impressively. Even when NIU was running the table, there wasnt a year where entering the UT game all of their MAC wins had been 14+ in pretty dominating fashion. In 2010 NIU did some damage.
10-18-2015 11:01 AM
HuskieAlumnus03 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
November is going to be a lot of chaos and heartbreaks. You guys ready?!? 04-cheers
10-18-2015 11:38 AM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-18-2015 10:25 AM)eich41 Wrote:  I wouldn't argue against including NIU in the top tier, but it still wouldn't change the top 4. Sure they could end up winning the MAC again, but at this point, I think those are the top 4 teams, and in that order. If someone thinks NIU should be ahead of CMU at this point, I'd love to hear your argument. A couple of big offensive showings against what might be the two worst teams in the MAC doesn't make up for a 10 point head to head loss. In a few more weeks, power rankings become irrelevant. At that point, you can pretty much just use the standings.

Ball State isn't good but speaking about offense, we scored more points against them than anyone else, including Texas A&M and Toledo.
10-18-2015 01:41 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-18-2015 01:41 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(10-18-2015 10:25 AM)eich41 Wrote:  I wouldn't argue against including NIU in the top tier, but it still wouldn't change the top 4. Sure they could end up winning the MAC again, but at this point, I think those are the top 4 teams, and in that order. If someone thinks NIU should be ahead of CMU at this point, I'd love to hear your argument. A couple of big offensive showings against what might be the two worst teams in the MAC doesn't make up for a 10 point head to head loss. In a few more weeks, power rankings become irrelevant. At that point, you can pretty much just use the standings.

Ball State isn't good but speaking about offense, we scored more points against them than anyone else, including Texas A&M and Toledo.

Their D did fine against Toledo. All of our points were in the 2nd qtr. Wind and Cold didn't help our Huntless offense (see the excuses?). It probably helped our D though too. I'm okay with some low scoring wins.

The NIU vs. BSU game was a shootout, and when there aren't many stops on one side of the ball, it leads to more possessions and even more scoring. TAMU's Offense is probably better than NIU's if I had to guess. Wasn't the score high 40's to high 20's for Ball State?
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 03:11 PM by UofToledoFans.)
10-18-2015 03:10 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-18-2015 03:10 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Their D did fine against Toledo. All of our points were in the 2nd qtr. Wind and Cold didn't help our Huntless offense (see the excuses?). It probably helped our D though too. I'm okay with some low scoring wins.

The NIU vs. BSU game was a shootout, and when there aren't many stops on one side of the ball, it leads to more possessions and even more scoring. TAMU's Offense is probably better than NIU's if I had to guess. Wasn't the score high 40's to high 20's for Ball State?

We had 59, Ball State had 41, though their last TD was in garbage time against the backups. Our D certainly isn't that good, at least our pass D isn't, or they wouldn't have had 34 points against our starters.
10-18-2015 03:24 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-18-2015 03:24 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(10-18-2015 03:10 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

We had 59, Ball State had 41, though their last TD was in garbage time against the backups. Our D certainly isn't that good, at least our pass D isn't, or they wouldn't have had 34 points against our starters.
I was referring to the TAMU vs. BSU score which was actually higher than I thought. 56-23. If BSU had been able to score quicker on TAMU, TAMU would have gotten more possessions and scored more points.
10-18-2015 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.