Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Judy MacLeod: First Woman FBS Commish, CUSA Leads The Way
Bookmark and Share
BoKnows Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB Football
Judy MacLeod: First Woman FBS Commish, CUSA Leads The Way
I really like this hire of Judy MacLeod.
CUSA has a bunch of under-valued assets, and I think she will be just what we need. Just watch.
She was a WBB player and I'm sure she knows the WBB royalty that resides in CUSA with La Tech and ODU. It's about time we have someone that doesn't just roll over and settle for mediocrity.
She may be the best thing to happen to this conference since our MBB National Championship game run.
I've always had the feeling that Bano was coasting on the job. I think this lady comes into this job with a chip on her shoulder.
The best way to throw a wrench into the GOB network is to hire a woman.
Val Ackerman seems to be doing ok in the Big East. Maybe her and Judy can secures us a series in roundball.
Hillary Clinton is just about to become President. This seems to me to be a statement that CUSA is getting with the times.

07-coffee3

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...mmissioner
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 06:27 PM by BoKnows.)
10-16-2015 06:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BoKnows Offline
Banned

RE: Judy MacLeod: First Woman FBS Commish, CUSA Leads The Way
[Image: Judy%252BMacLeod.jpg]

Our figurehead and mouthpiece, ladies and gentlemen.

I wonder how she feels about the 16 team model. 04-cheers
10-16-2015 06:30 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
I am not excited just because she is a woman. If she is qualified and can do the job, then that is great.
10-16-2015 06:35 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-16-2015 06:25 PM)BoKnows Wrote:  I really like this hire of Judy MacLeod.
CUSA has a bunch of under-valued assets, and I think she will be just what we need. Just watch.
She was a WBB player and I'm sure she knows the WBB royalty that resides in CUSA with La Tech and ODU. It's about time we have someone that doesn't just roll over and settle for mediocrity.
She may be the best thing to happen to this conference since our MBB National Championship game run.
I've always had the feeling that Bano was coasting on the job. I think this lady comes into this job with a chip on her shoulder.
Val Ackerman seems to be doing ok in the Big East. Maybe her and Judy can secures us a series in roundball.
Hillary Clinton is just about to become President. This seems to me to be a statement that CUSA is getting with the times.

07-coffee3

The ODU Lady Monarchs have had some good teams, not on Lady Techsters scale. Their wikipedia page is really lacking though, since most of these ODU fans talk about basketball year-around seems like they would updated it by now.

[Image: vZ1hslvI]
10-16-2015 06:43 PM
BoKnows Offline
Banned

Trust me, she tossed the Tulsa AD gig under the bus to lead us... (and the Commish job wasn't an eventual sure bet)

That right there tells you that she isn't afraid to make bold moves.

And, CUSA needs to act boldly.

Let the Aresco's and the Slive's of the world do their thing... Let's go a different way...

I hope she is front and center advocating for CUSA. I'm sure all the Rice fans are giddy because she is a product of that culture.

This may have some interesting ramifications for realignment in the future. I'm sure JMU and Texas State fit her paradigm of where we should go from here.
10-16-2015 06:47 PM
BoKnows Offline
Banned

(10-16-2015 06:43 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

07-coffee3

The ODU Lady Monarchs have had some good teams, not on Lady Techsters scale. Their wikipedia page is really lacking though, since most of these ODU fans talk about basketball year-around seems like they would updated it by now.

01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs

You will get no argument from me.

The Lady Techsters are definitely the crown jewel of our conference. ODU does add significantly to our tradition though.
10-16-2015 06:51 PM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(10-16-2015 06:30 PM)BoKnows Wrote:  [Image: Judy%252BMacLeod.jpg]

She looks like she would smack da'chit outta a Mississippi Southern poster.....lol.
10-16-2015 07:36 PM
StandingInEE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(10-16-2015 06:35 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  I am not excited just because she is a woman. If she is qualified and can do the job, then that is great.

Agreed. Could care less what sex got picked. Can she do the job? One thing for certain, she doesn't have big shoes (more like flip flops) to fill but she plenty on her plate walking in the door.
10-16-2015 07:43 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
at least it should give CUSA good press going forward
10-16-2015 07:55 PM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(10-16-2015 06:51 PM)BoKnows Wrote:  
(10-16-2015 06:43 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

07-coffee3

01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs

You will get no argument from me.

The Lady Techsters are definitely the crown jewel of our conference. ODU does add significantly to our tradition though.

WKU hasn't won a national title, however the Lady Toppers played for the national title in '92 and lost to Stanford. We also have 3 Final Four appearances to go with our 6 Sweet Sixteen appearances.
10-16-2015 08:09 PM
Cscollis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech

07-coffee3

I was with you until Hillary. I guess your a lib and want to have a women president so you feel better about affirmative action. I don't know the woman leading CUSA but if she is comparable in any way to Hillary we are ****** and will be below the fun belt in less than 2 years.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015 09:58 AM by MTPiKapp.)
10-16-2015 09:02 PM
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ

07-coffee3

You folks are very lucky. We've had two ADs since her and many of us wanted her back after a few weeks she had been gone. Both the men AD's since her seemed to be more interested in their resume' than doing whats best for the university. She did more to build our coaching staffs and facilities than any AD we've ever had. She is a very smart, inventive person who will get the job done.

Congratualtions!
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 10:13 PM by rabidTU2.)
10-16-2015 10:10 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
Actually if she is comparable to Hillary Clinton then she has way bigger cahones than anybody who is a current commish in G-5! But this "ain't a political page". 05-stirthepot I don't care if she is a neutered Martian if she'll get us any of the following: 1. Better TV Contract, 2. better increased upper movement in Bowls, 3.more reps in Men's NCAA BB tournament selection; and 4. MORE RESPECT as a conference!
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 10:15 PM by BlueRaiderBoy.)
10-16-2015 10:13 PM
StandingInEE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Yeah TV contract and better bowls, if she can make some headway in those areas then great hire.

I'm all for successful wbb, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean as far as conference revenue pay outs.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2015 01:07 PM by StandingInEE.)
10-17-2015 01:06 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
(10-16-2015 06:30 PM)BoKnows Wrote:  [Image: Judy%252BMacLeod.jpg]

She's gotta crooked smile, she's gonna get us into the pack of 6
10-17-2015 04:35 PM
SPACESCAPE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion
Lol that nutrider dawgxas at it once again!
10-17-2015 06:01 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
If we don't get a bigger and better Tv contract it's because the TV execs are SEXISTS!

03-wink
10-18-2015 06:00 PM
eco challenged Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Believe she hired Bill Self to be the Tulsa head basketball coach, away from city rival ORU. Self led the Golden Hurricane to a Sweet 16 and Elite 8 season before bolting to Illinois. She also hired Keith Burns away from his DC gig at Arkansas, that hire didn't turn out so good.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 03:18 PM by eco challenged.)
10-19-2015 09:51 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Re: Judy MacLeod: First Woman FBS Commish, CUSA Leads The Way
Congratulations Judy!
10-19-2015 03:32 PM
Ace Barker Offline
Banned

I Root For: BSC and USM
It isn't Richard Gianinni so I am good with her.

Ace...
10-20-2015 01:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.