Advertisement

NanoDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: LaTech
RE: LaTech @ Mississippi St--- "Battle of the Bulldogs"
Start Time: 11:00 AM CT, Saturday, Oct. 17
TV: SEC Network
Radio: LA Tech Radio Network, MSU Radio Network
Records: LA Tech 4-2, Mississippi State 4-2. Mississippi State leads the all-time series, 8-3.
The last four meetings between these two teams have been decided by 8 points or less.
LA Tech is 2-1 in their last three meetings against State. Tech won in 1996 and 2008 and then lost in overtime in Starkville in 2011. In the Battle of the Bulldogs, Louisiana Tech has had plenty of success.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 01:08 PM by NanoDawg.)
10-16-2015 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Reunion of half of one of south mississippi's best high school d lines in recent years. Vernon Butler jr and Jefferson from state.
A third member of that line is a og at southern miss, jacob flemming.
10-16-2015 01:16 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Tech needs to just worry about getting out of this game with no injuries because the next two games vs muts and at Rice will give Tech all they can handle.

We already saw what a good passing QB can do to Tech and Rice is still dangerous no matter if they are a little down.
10-16-2015 01:23 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-16-2015 01:16 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  Reunion of half of one of south mississippi's best high school d lines in recent years. Vernon Butler jr and Jefferson from state.

Vernon Butler has looked dominate this season and will go high in the NFL Draft
10-16-2015 01:30 PM
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

(10-16-2015 01:16 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  Reunion of half of one of south mississippi's best high school d lines in recent years. Vernon Butler jr and Jefferson from state.

that dline from North Pike High School was probably better than a lot of D1 dline.
Butler chose Louisiana Tech over Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Memphis and Louisiana-Lafayette.
A.J. Jefferson chose MSU over Tech, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, and ULL.
Flemming went Juco and picked USM.
10-16-2015 01:32 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Will LT have a large group at the game? Hope to see a section of blue and red. Go La Tech!
10-16-2015 01:43 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
(10-16-2015 01:23 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Tech needs to just worry about getting out of this game with no injuries because the next two games vs muts and at Rice will give Tech all they can handle.

We already saw what a good passing QB can do to Tech and Rice is still dangerous no matter if they are a little down.

I think we will be just fine. I am not worried.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 01:52 PM by pilot172000.)
10-16-2015 01:48 PM
LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

(10-16-2015 01:23 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Tech needs to just worry about getting out of this game with no injuries because the next two games vs muts and at Rice will give Tech all they can handle.

(10-16-2015 01:43 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Will LT have a large group at the game? Hope to see a section of blue and red. Go La Tech!

I'm sure we'll be represented well.

But from what I remember, MSU did not offer many tickets to us. Early season reports were that the allotment was very small.
10-16-2015 01:52 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

There will be a good bit of Tech folks there. We would have sent more but they weren't letting go of the tickets.
10-16-2015 01:55 PM
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

(10-16-2015 01:43 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Will LT have a large group at the game? Hope to see a section of blue and red. Go La Tech!

based on the feedback on BBB, we should fulfill our allotment.
10-16-2015 01:55 PM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I don't have a good feeling about this game. I hope our Bulldogs prove me wrong.
10-16-2015 01:56 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

This game is what it is. My goals this year where to win the West first and get to 9 or 10 wins. Losing to MSU isn't the end of the world to me. I would much rather beat USM for something valuable then slip up and beat MSU.
10-16-2015 01:59 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

Seems to still be a lot of tickets left for this game on the Miss St site and resale sites...

I don't know how they do it at Tech but at Western you order your ticket 4 or 5 weeks out for SEC games and the school fills that order. I'm sure there are limits to the amount but I don't believe it goes under 1500
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 02:19 PM by WKUYG.)
10-16-2015 02:13 PM
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

(10-16-2015 01:56 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  I don't have a good feeling about this game. I hope our Bulldogs prove me wrong.

(10-16-2015 01:59 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  This game is what it is. My goals this year where to win the West first and get to 9 or 10 wins. Losing to MSU isn't the end of the world to me. I would much rather beat USM for something valuable then slip up and beat MSU.

MSU and Tech match up well against each other. Due to the 2-1 record that we have over them in the last 3 games, our players will come into this game with confidence. This is important aspect while play against SEC teams.
This may be the game that Skip will use some of his trick plays to give us momentum against "better" team. I really like what USM did on offense in the first half against MSU. A lot of trick plays and misdirection plays.
and yes, I agree with pilot, this game won't make or break our season.
10-16-2015 02:22 PM
tigtoodawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

I see what you did there. But I agree. In fact, every team we face for the remainder of the season will be gunning for us. When you are a preseason pick to win your division, everyone is gunning for you because the target is firmly on your back. Like Marshall last year, and you guys in the East this year, and us in the West.

And I hope we come out of Starkville healthy. It only takes one key injury to change your whole season.

04-cheers
10-16-2015 02:51 PM
Advertisement

TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

LA TECH--just go win!!!
10-16-2015 03:07 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(10-16-2015 01:30 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

Vernon Butler has looked dominate this season and will go high in the NFL Draft

I went to southwest jr college with his dad, he was a 3 sport letterman. Im shocked yall took jr considering dad played at monroe lol
10-16-2015 03:12 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

(10-16-2015 02:22 PM)NanoDawg Wrote:  
(10-16-2015 01:56 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  I don't have a good feeling about this game. I hope our Bulldogs prove me wrong.

(10-16-2015 01:59 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  This game is what it is. My goals this year where to win the West first and get to 9 or 10 wins. Losing to MSU isn't the end of the world to me. I would much rather beat USM for something valuable then slip up and beat MSU.

MSU and Tech match up well against each other. Due to the 2-1 record that we have over them in the last 3 games, our players will come into this game with confidence. This is important aspect while play against SEC teams.
This may be the game that Skip will use some of his trick plays to give us momentum against "better" team. I really like what USM did on offense in the first half against MSU. A lot of trick plays and misdirection plays.

I hope you are right, but I have seen both play and MSU looks much stronger, and they are playing at home. What you have done in the past will have no influence on what happens Saturday. However, I hate MSU. Good luck!
10-16-2015 03:47 PM
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

(10-16-2015 03:47 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  
(10-16-2015 02:22 PM)NanoDawg Wrote:  

I hope you are right, but I have seen both play and MSU looks much stronger, and they are playing at home. What you have done in the past will have no influence on what happens Saturday. However, I hate MSU. Good luck!

MSU may be stronger but their mentality is always weak. If we don't get blown out by half time, I think we will have a chance to win this game. The last time we played them at their place, we should have won in regular time if not for our 17yo Qb to throw an INT at MSU 20yd line to send the game to overtime. I'm not scared of MSU at all :D
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 04:11 PM by NanoDawg.)
10-16-2015 04:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.