WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The View From Athens
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
The View From Athens
Dynamic Duo leads Potent WMU Offense

There were some curious factual flubs in there. Nothing that changes anything or the tone of the article, though.

Quote:Fleck’s appreciation is warranted. Davis was the 2013 MAC Freshman of the Year, and a first team all-conference pick in 2014. Braverman earned Third Team All-MAC honors in 2014.

So, we had two FOY on our team last year? Who knew?

Quote:And finally there’s an athletic offensive line that returned three starters and paves the way for 2014 MAC Offensive Player, and Freshman, of the Year in the form of running back Jargon Franklin. Franklin (437 yards, two touchdowns) is well off last year’s pace but brings speed, power and size (6-0, 220 pounds) to the position.

Jargon? Isn't that verbage? Now, that name could leave a mark.

Quote:Wells said WMU presents the biggest offensive challenge to date for Ohio. And defensively the Bobcats have been on a roll. But he wouldn’t bite when given a chance to label the Bobcat defense with a flashy nickname.

That is one reason why I am picking WMU in this game.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 07:15 PM by MileHighBronco.)
10-15-2015 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
The View From Athens
(10-15-2015 07:14 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Dynamic Duo leads Potent WMU Offense

There were some curious factual flubs in there. Nothing that changes anything or the tone of the article, though.

Quote:Fleck’s appreciation is warranted. Davis was the 2013 MAC Freshman of the Year, and a first team all-conference pick in 2014. Braverman earned Third Team All-MAC honors in 2014.

So, we had two FOY on our team last year? Who knew?

It says 2013 (which is accurate)

Franklin was FOY in 2014 (last year)
10-15-2015 07:45 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: The View From Athens
....so indeed we did have two freshman of the years on our team. Lol.

Actually, in both football and basketball WMU has had a lot of freshman of the years.
10-16-2015 06:10 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: The View From Athens
So, I made a factual flub. Read it several times and missed the 2013 each time. D'OH! 01-france

Nice catch, HJ.
10-16-2015 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.