Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bookmark and Share
CrushMI Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
"If a 140 passer rating is decent, what's a 201.8? That's what WKU's Brandon Doughty posted in the Hilltoppers' 58-28 win over MTSU on Saturday. He completed 28 of 36 passes for 359 yards, five scores and a pick, a line nearly identical to the one he posted against Rice a week earlier (28-for-38, 409 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT)."

Group of 5 F/+ rankings after 6 weeks
27. Navy (4-1)
28. Boise State (5-1)
29. Western Kentucky (5-1)
35. Toledo (5-0)
45. Louisiana Tech (4-2)
46. Temple (5-0)
50. Houston (5-0)
54. Ohio (5-1)
56. Memphis (5-0)
59. East Carolina (3-3)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...eon-harris
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 01:43 PM by CrushMI.)
10-13-2015 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
RE: 201.8
Assume that's a rhetorical question. But to put that in perspective below are the top 10 so far this season.

FWIW, Brandon and Brent are the only two in the league with two games with 200+ ratings or more. Though Driskel has the highest with a 321...04-jawdrop

Top Single Game Ratings:

1. Driskel - 321.4
2. Stockstill - 261.1
3. McGough - 248.7
4. Mullens - 222.9
5. Doughty - 222.1
6. Metz - 216.9
7. Stockstill - 214.8
8. Doughty - 201.8
9. Doughty - 198.8
10. Litton - 193.3

More important though is the cumulative numbers. After half a season Doughty continues to live up to the hype. He's 36 points higher than Stockstill - the second highest - and has a QBR eight points higher. Basically, Doughty is in a league by himself.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 02:32 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
10-13-2015 02:31 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Pulling for WKU to make it.
10-13-2015 05:32 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(10-13-2015 05:32 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  Pulling for WKU to make it.

LSU would have to go down and I'm just not that delusional.
10-14-2015 05:32 AM
Advertisement

louisiana_dog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-13-2015 02:31 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Assume that's a rhetorical question. But to put that in perspective below are the top 10 so far this season.

FWIW, Brandon and Brent are the only two in the league with two games with 200+ ratings or more. Though Driskel has the highest with a 321...04-jawdrop

Top Single Game Ratings:

1. Driskel - 321.4
2. Stockstill - 261.1
3. McGough - 248.7
4. Mullens - 222.9
5. Doughty - 222.1
6. Metz - 216.9
7. Stockstill - 214.8
8. Doughty - 201.8
9. Doughty - 198.8
10. Litton - 193.3

More important though is the cumulative numbers. After half a season Doughty continues to live up to the hype. He's 36 points higher than Stockstill - the second highest - and has a QBR eight points higher. Basically, Doughty is in a league by himself.

This is also his age. 03-wink
10-14-2015 06:01 AM
Heisman

Should we prepare for similar comments in a few years? Stockstill is going to be older than Brandon is now when he is a senior.
10-14-2015 08:38 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-14-2015 08:38 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Should we prepare for similar comments in a few years? Stockstill is going to be older than Brandon is now when he is a senior.

it's low hanging fruit for the not very clever, not very funny folks.

one of your own middle fans dogged brandon's age out last week. he turned 24 last thursday or friday. i wanted to respond to your guy and ask him if he did maths because Little Stock was a 21 year old freshman. even he should be able to add 4 + 21.

but i didn't respond. tried to stay away from any pregame idiocy.

for the record neither brandon nor little stock will approach chris weinke numbers. i believe chris was 28 when he won the heisman.
10-14-2015 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Heisman

(10-14-2015 11:52 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(10-14-2015 08:38 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Should we prepare for similar comments in a few years? Stockstill is going to be older than Brandon is now when he is a senior.

one of your own middle fans dogged brandon's age out last week. he turned 24 last thursday or friday. i wanted to respond to your guy and ask him if he did maths because Little Stock was a 21 year old freshman. even he should be able to add 4 + 21.

for the record neither brandon nor little stock will approach chris weinke numbers. i believe chris was 28 when he won the heisman.

I know Chris well. I was the Equipment/Clubhouse Manager when he was playing AA ball in the Blue Jays system. I kid you not...we used throw football almost every day in the outfield. He kept it in his locker. I had him in the clubhouse in '96 and he told us then he was thinking about going back to play college football.

I emailed him before his first season in '97 to wish him good luck with the caveat unless he was playing my alma mater (Tennessee) in the national title game (at that time I had not yet attend Middle Tennessee). Little did I know that was the exact scenario that would play out a year later, and I was in Tempe to see it. Chris was hurt though and couldn't play in that national title game.

Good dude. Good memories.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015 12:48 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
10-14-2015 12:47 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

I know Chris well. I was the Equipment/Clubhouse Manager when he was playing AA ball in the Blue Jays system. I kid you not...we used throw football almost every day in the outfield. He kept it in his locker. I had him in the clubhouse in '96 and he told us then he was thinking about going back to play college football.

I emailed him before his first season in '97 to wish him good luck with the caveat unless he was playing my alma mater (Tennessee) in the national title game (at that time I had not yet attend Middle Tennessee). Little did I know that was the exact scenario that would play out a year later, and I was in Tempe to see it. Chris was hurt though and couldn't play in that national title game.

[/quote]

Cool story. Brandon Weeden was also 28 and played baseball for 5 years before enrolling in Oklahoma State
10-14-2015 01:34 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2015 12:47 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(10-14-2015 11:52 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  

huge FSU fan here. born in orlando but raised in the commonwealth since i was 5. visited my dad every summer down there and all my uncles were huge gator fans. they made me detest the gators so i jumped on FSU and this was when Bobby Bowden first got there. i believe FSU was in the bottom 10 before Bobby arrived.

so i pretty much hate that Tennessee Voles team that beat us in the national championship.

for the record. if western faced the seminoles i'm waving a red towel. any other team i'm pulling for FSU.

i remember taking some spanish courses at Western when i was 29 and the kids looked at me like i parked a walker outside the door to the classroom. i can't imagine how weinke fit in especially after playing semi-pro (kudos to domingo).
10-14-2015 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Heisman

(10-14-2015 02:54 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  i remember taking some spanish courses at Western when i was 29 and the kids looked at me like i parked a walker outside the door to the classroom. i can't imagine how weinke fit in especially after playing semi-pro (kudos to domingo).

In his case, he has some money, he's playing QB for one of the nations top college football programs. Not sure yours and his experiences can be related, so I'm going to guess the social experience was just fine...especially with the coeds.
10-14-2015 03:38 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2015 03:38 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(10-14-2015 02:54 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  i remember taking some spanish courses at Western when i was 29 and the kids looked at me like i parked a walker outside the door to the classroom. i can't imagine how weinke fit in especially after playing semi-pro (kudos to domingo).

In his case, he has some money, he's playing QB for one of the nations top college football programs. Not sure yours and his experiences can be related, so I'm going to guess the social experience was just fine...especially with the coeds.

i guess i was thinking about it from an intellectual level. everyone in the classes appeared as young kids to me and most of them weren't very serious. i became good friends with the professor who was actually my age. i was already married by then so i wasn't trying to bone coeds. and though i hadn't made semipro baseball money i wasn't eating ramen noodles every other meal. i'm sure a lot of veterans using the g.i. bill must run into a similar feeling when attending classes.
10-14-2015 03:44 PM
Heisman

(10-14-2015 03:44 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(10-14-2015 03:38 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

i guess i was thinking about it from an intellectual level. everyone in the classes appeared as young kids to me and most of them weren't very serious. i became good friends with the professor who was actually my age. i was already married by then so i wasn't trying to bone coeds. and though i hadn't made semipro baseball money i wasn't eating ramen noodles every other meal. i'm sure a lot of veterans using the g.i. bill must run into a similar feeling when attending classes.

He had a $375,000 signing bonus (adjusted for inflation is nearly $600K in today's terms). So, it's not like he was rolling in money, but he ostensibly had more of a bankroll than your average freshman.

I'm sure it was a strange experience. I got the MBA at 25-26 and even then I know how you felt. Even dated a 20 year old for a little while and that was weird hanging out with whatever they were (sophomore or juniors?). Working in the athletic dept made all that extra uncomfortable. Of course back then hubris got the best of me, so I let that bother me for about 30 seconds. I had some upper 30 lower 40 year olds in my classes. I can't fathom going back at that age now.
10-14-2015 09:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.