Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Freshmen Football Player Posting
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Freshmen Football Player Posting
via Eagle Totem:

A freshman on the team took to YikYak to say “I totally made a mistake coming here, I should have taken one of my other offers.” A disgraceful, treasonous, backstabbing thing to do. And now we are stuck with that guy for four more years.

Not really why doesn't this player (quitter) just resign from the team and get released from his scholarship now and man up?

I like to have the name of the player be public as well.
10-12-2015 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Freshmen Football Player Posting
Never heard of YikYak, but that's a pretty awful thing to do. It's so easy to hide anonymously behind a computer and say something like that, but it takes a man to make the best of a situation rather than sulk and pout. I hope this kid grows up and becomes a more devoted EMU student athlete.
10-12-2015 09:54 AM
realistEagle Offline
Special Teams

If you don't like it here pack your bags and leave. It's that simple. Not a single person will miss you.

Oh and YikYak sounds like a service for teenage girls who want to find out if any boys out there have a crush on them or if they think they are cute. A grown man using such thing is silly.
10-12-2015 10:58 AM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
(10-12-2015 09:45 AM)emu79 Wrote:  via Eagle Totem:

A freshman on the team took to YikYak to say “I totally made a mistake coming here, I should have taken one of my other offers.” A disgraceful, treasonous, backstabbing thing to do. And now we are stuck with that guy for four more years.

Not really why doesn't this player (quitter) just resign from the team and get released from his scholarship now and man up?

Says a lot about his character. You guys don't need somebody like that.
He'll let you down time and time again. I respect anybody that's working hard on the practice field and in the classroom.
10-12-2015 01:14 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC

I suspect he'll leave after first semester probably with other players.

There could be the 'reality' that the team has not won during CC's two years.

Some people deal with loss and losing better than others... A more mature student athlete would keep quiet and decide later when to 'toss in the towel' if that is what he wants to do.

Some folks do not handle adversity well...
10-12-2015 01:19 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-12-2015 01:19 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

I suspect he'll leave after first semester probably with other players.

There could be the 'reality' that the team has not won during CC's two years.

Some people deal with loss and losing better than others... A more mature student athlete would keep quiet and decide later when to 'toss in the towel' if that is what he wants to do.

Some folks do not handle adversity well...

Did anyone expect instant success with CC? I see some first steps in the first half of the season but it will take those who want to work even harder than they are now for this program to turn around. But I agree we don't need players like this and I'm guessing most programs aren't going to welcome quitters from another program with open arms. If you can't succeed at EMU in football where exactly do you think you will succeed?!
10-12-2015 01:30 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

Exactly, this is probably a disgruntled kid, redshirted and sitting on the bench, waking up to the reality that he's not even good enough to compete on a bad team.

All of these guys are stars on their high school teams. Freshman year is a wake up call for ANY high school player at the D1 level. Eastern Michigan or otherwise.

If this is public knowledge I suspect Creighton has already had his conversation with this kid. He'll either buy in and be a better player and teammate from his 18 year old mistake, or he'll be gone. Scholarships are renewable yearly.
10-12-2015 01:58 PM
KPJ Offline
1st String

As it is an anonymous posting site, anyone coukd post on Yik Yak saying that they are whoever they want to be. I wouldn't get too upset about this.
10-12-2015 01:59 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-12-2015 01:59 PM)KPJ Wrote:  As it is an anonymous posting site, anyone coukd post on Yik Yak saying that they are whoever they want to be. I wouldn't get too upset about this.

Probably someone from Central or Western!

Great idea if someone has the spare time and wants to mess with our MAC competition. :)
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 02:46 PM by EagleTough.)
10-12-2015 02:44 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-12-2015 01:59 PM)KPJ Wrote:  As it is an anonymous posting site, anyone coukd post on Yik Yak saying that they are whoever they want to be. I wouldn't get too upset about this.

Good point.

Social media is social media, which can be a cesspool. Reader beware.

Nothing written on tablets (the ones from thousands of years ago) or with someone's imprimatur.
10-12-2015 03:33 PM
candela Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FSU, EMU
I know in talking to my son, the majority if not all freshmen are up for the challenge and feel like when they get their chance they "will make an impact."
10-12-2015 03:35 PM
Advertisement

2Intense Offline
2nd String

(10-12-2015 03:35 PM)candela Wrote:  I know in talking to my son, the majority if not all freshmen are up for the challenge and feel like when they get their chance they "will make an impact."

Good for him. In the meantime, the best way those kids can help is keep on top of their academics and be the toughest smartest scout team players they can.
10-12-2015 03:39 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

regardless of what you think of cc I believe he gives 110% to this program I hope his players will follow his example
10-12-2015 04:16 PM
2Intense Offline
2nd String

(10-12-2015 04:16 PM)emu79 Wrote:  regardless of what you think of cc I believe he gives 110% to this program I hope his players will follow his example

+1
10-12-2015 04:17 PM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(10-12-2015 04:16 PM)emu79 Wrote:  regardless of what you think of cc I believe he gives 110% to this program I hope his players will follow his example

No one can doubt his commitment to EMU football and his players.
10-12-2015 06:52 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-12-2015 03:35 PM)candela Wrote:  I know in talking to my son, the majority if not all freshmen are up for the challenge and feel like when they get their chance they "will make an impact."

Great but it has to be 100% of them buying in or what are they doing here?
10-13-2015 05:32 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-13-2015 05:32 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

100% never happens in the 'real world'.

In the real world with say 20 newcomers, most will buy in, few will be 110%s, and a few will ask "what am I doing here."

It is called turnover. Those who have had 2nd doubts will probably leave as folks leave in work, etc.

There will be turnover as a function of numbers and exist in all human organizations be it a football team, political party, team at work, etc.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 06:51 AM by emu steve.)
10-13-2015 06:51 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-13-2015 06:51 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

In the real world with say 20 newcomers, most will buy in, few will be 110%s, and a few will ask "what am I doing here."

It is called turnover. Those who have had 2nd doubts will probably leave as folks leave in work, etc.

There will be turnover as a function of numbers and exist in all human organizations be it a football team, political party, team at work, etc.

Slim chance 100% of any recruiting class makes it to graduation together. Academics, trouble, playing time, injury, homesickness, etc
10-13-2015 07:46 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-13-2015 07:46 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(10-13-2015 06:51 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

Slim chance 100% of any recruiting class makes it to graduation together. Academics, trouble, playing time, injury, homesickness, etc

Agree. Signing on to play football at EMU isn't like joining the military or becoming a Catholic Priest.

Students transfer. Student athletes transfer. Same principle.
10-13-2015 08:40 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

again if you don't believe in your coaches the program or the school why are you here?
10-13-2015 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.