Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rhythm Tempo
Bookmark and Share
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Rhythm Tempo
http://shawurl.com/26mx
We should go two minute drill ALWAYS... It creates rhythm, tempo and confidence. No idea why we don't. Some moron says we always go fast but pretty obvious when we run the two minute we're pretty unstoppable.
10-10-2015 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cowboy95 Offline
1st String

RE: Rhythm Tempo
I agree with that 80/90% of the time - exception when playing elite teams like Ohio St. Playing that fast requires an advantage in depth (on both sides of the ball due to the number of snaps). Against teams like Ohio St., NIU is going to lose that battle due to the huge talent gap that stretches all the way down to the 3rd/4th string. Some people don't want to hear it, but the game plan NIU utilized against the Buckeyes this year is really the best way to keep those types of games competitive and give the Huskies a shot at pulling off an upset.
10-10-2015 11:10 PM
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well obviously not when we are trying to kill clock. I don't see why we shouldn't go fast against high powered teams. If we would have gone fast and moved the ball against Ohio State we would have won the game. Our defense was playing lights out. We definitely needed to go two-minute against Ohio State. We definitely would have won against BC and CMU had we run the two minute drill most of the game.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 06:26 AM by badmoonrising13.)
10-11-2015 06:15 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

1. Two-minute drill: check.
2. More touches for Turner, G-Day, Beebe, Huff: check.
3. TE seams: check.
Still need to see: 1. Effective middle screens.
2. Zigs and zags pass routes.
3. More slants and outs in place of curl routes (gives our guys no chance to run after catch).
4. Slip screens.
5. Passes to RBs to the flats.
And please no bubbles against press coverage! Gonna get burned again...
10-11-2015 06:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.