Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Job Security -
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Job Security -
Unfortunately, someone will lose their job over Bryant’s return, as the Steelers will be tasked with dropping a player from their 53-man roster to make room for Bryant. The move must be made by Monday at 4 p.m. E.T. and the way we see it, there’s really only three guys who could be victim of the dreaded axe:

WR/RB Dri Archer

Archer is perhaps the most likely candidate to be released in wake of Bryant’s return. He played almost entirely as a kick returner, but has only been able to return a pair of kicks. It’s becoming clear he won’t be able to establish any sort of role as a running back, and with Pittsburgh’s receiving corps stocked with viable options, it’s unlikely he’ll carve a niche there, either. Archer is an interesting player because of his rare speed and elusiveness, but the diminutive runner has yet to live up to his third-round billing and could see the door by Monday evening.

FB Will Johnson or Roosevelt Nix

Johnson is a bit of a dark horse here because he provides a sound veteran presence doing a job no one likes to do. Nix is a promising newcomer whose done everything asked of him. But neither is really taking hold of the majority of snaps, and keeping two fullbacks on the roster is a bit of a strange occurrence anyway. I don’t think this is likely, but I wouldn’t be surprised if either are cut.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 02:00 PM by dannyb73.)
10-10-2015 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
RE: Job Security -
Talk about a misleading thread title.
10-10-2015 09:29 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Really? Who did you think this thread was about? Or who did you hope it was about?
10-11-2015 06:54 AM
KSU93 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent state univ
Oh the choices.
10-11-2015 11:35 AM
Advertisement

KSU93 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent state univ
Btw, dannyb73. You always have some great insights. Any new info on how the Men's hoops team looks after a week?
10-11-2015 11:37 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(10-11-2015 11:37 AM)KSU93 Wrote:  Btw, dannyb73. You always have some great insights. Any new info on how the Men's hoops team looks after a week?

The newcomers name that keeps coming up as playing at a high level right now is Deon Edwin.
10-11-2015 12:28 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
Watching the Monday night game, I'd be shocked if it's Nix. He's been sticking some really nice blocks to spring Bell. I haven't seen Johnson on the field yet. They didn't keep two fullbacks because they thought they needed them, they did it because Nix made them keep him.

Archer on the other hand, still doesn't seem to be touching the field. With their offense struggling you'd think if they saw a future in him they'd try to get him involved some how. Since Bryant is hurt they'll have another week to make the decision.
10-12-2015 08:40 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(10-12-2015 08:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Watching the Monday night game, I'd be shocked if it's Nix. He's been sticking some really nice blocks to spring Bell. I haven't seen Johnson on the field yet. They didn't keep two fullbacks because they thought they needed them, they did it because Nix made them keep him.

Archer on the other hand, still doesn't seem to be touching the field. With their offense struggling you'd think if they saw a future in him they'd try to get him involved some how. Since Bryant is hurt they'll have another week to make the decision.

Bryant isn't hurt. He will be activated tomorrow.
10-12-2015 09:14 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Safe to say after tonight, Rosie Nix is going nowhere but to practice this week.
10-12-2015 10:48 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(10-12-2015 09:14 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 08:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Watching the Monday night game, I'd be shocked if it's Nix. He's been sticking some really nice blocks to spring Bell. I haven't seen Johnson on the field yet. They didn't keep two fullbacks because they thought they needed them, they did it because Nix made them keep him.

Bryant isn't hurt. He will be activated tomorrow.

He injured his knee in practice, that's why he didn't come back for the 5th game after his 4 game suspension. When they activated him today they released a safety named Ross Ventrone so for now Archer is safe.
10-13-2015 07:35 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Ross Ventrone - peace and chicken grease.
10-13-2015 07:36 PM
KentKrazy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
Archer released today as Steelers signed Jacoby Jones.

Wondering if he will get a look on a practice squad or is done.
11-05-2015 09:51 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

He is done in Pittsburgh. Will get a look somewhere where he can get some offensive reps. He was severely limited in Pittsburgh because of their skill position players.
11-05-2015 10:31 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies
He was limited due to his dislike of contact.
11-06-2015 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.