Just drop the Lafayette already and be done with this lol
10-08-2015 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
RE: So ULL is incorrect now?
Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns, Cajuns, ULL are all acceptable on this site.

ULaLa, ULLOL, etc constitute trolling in my opinion and I'll take a dim view of such usage.

Just for the record, our athletic department has branded the team as the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. We are.

Carry on.
10-08-2015 05:45 PM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
what about ULA
10-08-2015 06:03 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-08-2015 06:03 PM)ECBrad Wrote:  what about ULA

Honestly can't say I've seen that usage, EC.
10-08-2015 06:07 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Re: RE: So ULL is incorrect now?
(10-08-2015 05:45 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns, Cajuns, ULL are all acceptable on this site.

ULaLa, ULLOL, etc constitute trolling in my opinion and I'll take a dim view of such usage.

Just for the record, our athletic department has branded the team as the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. We are.

Carry on.

Seems a bit thin skinned to me (even though I try to use abbreviations acceptable to most) I don't see were a little good natured ribbing hurts anything. I have certainly seen plenty of other schools names twisted on this site (including mine) but always felt it was all in fun.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-08-2015 06:16 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
You guys had to poke the bear didn't you.....
10-08-2015 06:55 PM
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Quote:So ULL is incorrect now?

That is correct. The preferred nomenclature, per their own media guide, is UL-L.
10-08-2015 07:10 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-08-2015 06:16 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 05:45 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns, Cajuns, ULL are all acceptable on this site.

Carry on.

Seems a bit thin skinned to me (even though I try to use abbreviations acceptable to most) I don't see were a little good natured ribbing hurts anything. I have certainly seen plenty of other schools names twisted on this site (including mine) but always felt it was all in fun.

Call it what you wish, but that's the way it's going to be here. In the past, too many threads that otherwise could have been interesting and informative derailed and became name debate arguments.

As I've said previously, when App State first joined I called them Appy a time or two, not trying to cause any problems, but because it seemed like a reasonable abbreviation to me. A couple of App State fans wrote and said that that abbreviation was offensive to them, that it was something Marshall fans called them and they didn't like it. So, I never used it again.

The Cajun program has plenty of warts if you wish to lay on some good-natured ribbing on it, and that's absolutely your right. Have it at it. But the name issue is obviously something most Cajun fans (myself included) feel very deeply about because we all know we were robbed in 1984 by LSU after legally petitioning and being granted the designation by our board of regeants. Our oposition can point to "the law" all they want, but they all know it was one that was passed retro-actively to undo what we had done by simply following the rules at the time.

The same effort that goes into typing ULALA or ULlol can just as easily be used to type ULL, or Cajuns, or Louisiana. The former I consider trolling, the latter being offensive to no one.

This site lost a lot of Cajun posters for a variety of reasons, the name debate crapola being just one. I acknowledge that some of those who left were over-bearing on the issue and if they return, they'll play by the same rules as everyone else. I'm just hoping to entice more of them to post here because our site is more interesting when there is a wide variety of views and opinions expressed.
10-08-2015 07:25 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-08-2015 07:25 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 06:16 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

Carry on.

Call it what you wish, but that's the way it's going to be here. In the past, too many threads that otherwise could have been interesting and informative derailed and became name debate arguments.

As I've said previously, when App State first joined I called them Appy a time or two, not trying to cause any problems, but because it seemed like a reasonable abbreviation to me. A couple of App State fans wrote and said that that abbreviation was offensive to them, that it was something Marshall fans called them and they didn't like it. So, I never used it again.

The Cajun program has plenty of warts if you wish to lay on some good-natured ribbing on it, and that's absolutely your right. Have it at it. But the name issue is obviously something most Cajun fans (myself included) feel very deeply about because we all know we were robbed in 1984 by LSU after legally petitioning and being granted the designation by our board of regeants. Our oposition can point to "the law" all they want, but they all know it was one that was passed retro-actively to undo what we had done by simply following the rules at the time.

The same effort that goes into typing ULALA or ULlol can just as easily be used to type ULL, or Cajuns, or Louisiana. The former I consider trolling, the latter being offensive to no one.

This site lost a lot of Cajun posters for a variety of reasons, the name debate crapola being just one. I acknowledge that some of those who left were over-bearing on the issue and if they return, they'll play by the same rules as everyone else. I'm just hoping to entice more of them to post here because our site is more interesting when there is a wide variety of views and opinions expressed.

As I stated I try to use the preferred names but my observation came from as an outsider with little dog in the fight.

10-08-2015 07:35 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Carry on.

What about Laughayette? Only when you guys do something stupid?
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 07:41 PM by chiefsfan.)
10-08-2015 07:40 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-08-2015 07:40 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Carry on.

What about Laughayette? Only when you guys do something stupid?

Like missing out on our yearly beat-down of you guys?
10-08-2015 07:45 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

BTW, I never did thank stAte for their participation in this Elijah McGuire highlight film.04-cheers

10-08-2015 07:53 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(10-08-2015 06:16 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Seems a bit thin skinned to me (even though I try to use abbreviations acceptable to most) I don't see were a little good natured ribbing hurts anything. I have certainly seen plenty of other schools names twisted on this site (including mine) but always felt it was all in fun.

I think the reason for the "thin skinned" part is because of how they had originally changed their name that was allowed, then LSU jumped in and made them change it back (or to something different, I don't honestly recall).

Throw in that there is another school in Louisiana that has a similar official name that I believe also had something to do with the name "Louisiana", and you have a bit of cause for thin skinned.

Not gonna say whether it's justified or not, just my recollection of the reasons for it.
10-08-2015 08:24 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
It's best for us all if we are in a conference with "Louisiana". Same as "Little Rock" is better than UALR.

That said, Cajun fans make it hard sometimes to want to do what they want even if its good for all.
10-08-2015 08:52 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-08-2015 08:52 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  It's best for us all if we are in a conference with "Louisiana". Same as "Little Rock" is better than UALR.

That said, Cajun fans make it hard sometimes to want to do what they want even if its good for all.

If I tell someone in georgia we are playing Louisiana there next question will be "who? Do you mean LSU?" I disagree it is better for all. People know UL Layfette.
10-08-2015 08:59 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-08-2015 08:59 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 08:52 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  It's best for us all if we are in a conference with "Louisiana". Same as "Little Rock" is better than UALR.

If I tell someone in georgia we are playing Louisiana there next question will be "who? Do you mean LSU?" I disagree it is better for all. People know UL Layfette.

Why not just say, "we're playing the Ragin Cajuns"? Everyone knows Cajuns are from Louisiana. UL-Lafayette? Not so much, and certainly not as much as some think.
10-08-2015 09:15 PM
Advertisement

WhitetailWizard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
"Louisiana" makes my crab,crayfish and shrimp boil.It contines to be a lame attempt at self ordination of elitism within the Louisiana System shared with other schools.The quicker they move off the subject the quicker they will be respected for doing so.ULL to me.A great school and plenty to be proud of without hiding the facts
10-08-2015 09:37 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
More a respect thing, especially within the SBC, than anything. They have branded their athletics as Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Why is that so hard for some of you? The dictate states the academic side is not using the same.

I kind of understand. When we had our name change we branded our athletics moniker as TXST so TSU makes me boil some(especially since we're technically not allowed to use that) Also still being called SWT (but that's a different argument). Respect them and us for what we (respective universities) have officially claimed/branded for the athletic programs.

People need to stop the arguing on this ad nauseam. Just use Cajuns.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 09:55 PM by CatMom.)
10-08-2015 09:54 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-08-2015 09:37 PM)WhitetailWizard Wrote:  "Louisiana" makes my crab,crayfish and shrimp boil.It contines to be a lame attempt at self ordination of elitism within the Louisiana System shared with other schools.The quicker they move off the subject the quicker they will be respected for doing so.ULL to me.A great school and plenty to be proud of without hiding the facts
Ok Troy state
10-08-2015 09:59 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
[Image: th?id=OIP.M824052612100095a5b0af91852a79...p;pid=15.1]
10-08-2015 10:19 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.