Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Petition
Bookmark and Share
jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
Petition
I know we are dealing w a lawyer and the bov. What people are seeing is that pres Alger bends to facts and listening tours and constituencies and blah blah blah. Well let's sign the petition and show that it's not just the professors he needs to worry about pissing off. We worked hard for a degree in our 4 (or 5) years! We better see our university friggin do what they were set out to do- to become a national brand!

At the very least even though petitions are worthless a lot of times, maybe it get the casual fans and observers to be aware of the issue and sign on and follow it's progress.

https://www.change.org/p/john-alger-amp-...responsive

Be the change!
10-08-2015 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
RE: Petition
The petition that matters more is over on jmu2fbs.com and it's in need of some signatures/pledges.
10-08-2015 02:34 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(10-08-2015 02:34 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  The petition that matters more is over on jmu2fbs.com and it's in need of some signatures/pledges.

I agree no need to fraction the effort, kill the change.org petition
10-08-2015 02:42 PM
jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

Petition
(10-08-2015 02:42 PM)jmusuperfan Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 02:34 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  The petition that matters more is over on jmu2fbs.com and it's in need of some signatures/pledges.

I agree no need to fraction the effort, kill the change.org petition

There's no fraction- you're gonna get eyes on jmu2fbs and then no donation because they just aren't ready to do that... I can't blame them completely but you're going to get a more mainstream casual fan on a website like change.org. Just support both.
10-08-2015 02:49 PM
RamDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU VCU
I would be very worried about any person or group making a very big, very long term decision like the FBS decision even remotely based on what fans think or what petition they signed. Now if they all ponied up around $50K each, then we would be talking.
10-08-2015 06:31 PM
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Signed!

Don't be haters people...this is just more data points to help Alger and Bourne convince others to make the move...

Let's give them all the reasons in the world to make the move.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 07:14 PM by bcp_jmu.)
10-08-2015 07:13 PM
HotHamandCheese84 Offline
Special Teams

Let's sign the petition. The leadership does look at data points. A petition, pledges to jmu2fbs.com and e-mails and letters really do matter. We won't get to the next level without a push. Don't stand on the sidelines. Get into the game.
10-09-2015 07:33 AM
atljmualum Offline
All American

Petition
(10-09-2015 07:33 AM)HotHamandCheese84 Wrote:  Let's sign the petition. The leadership does look at data points. A petition, pledges to jmu2fbs.com and e-mails and letters really do matter. We won't get to the next level without a push. Don't stand on the sidelines. Get into the game.

Agree. Signed it last night.
10-09-2015 07:38 AM
MCVdukesfan003 Offline
Bench Warmer

Send letters and emails to the administration, but keep it civil and respectful. They respond and reply to concerns from students, alumni, and supporters. The more data points they have the better, and the more communication from concerned alumni regarding FBS the better.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 08:55 AM by MCVdukesfan003.)
10-09-2015 08:54 AM
Advertisement

jmad1son Offline
Special Teams

Signed
10-09-2015 09:31 AM
JMU4lifer Offline
Bench Warmer

Just signed
10-09-2015 09:41 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Alger gave me a personal reply on post-SMU Sunday (I imagine during or after his flight back from Dallas). He was a little condescending initially, but didn't go too over the top. It annoyed me that his response was to tell me there are many constituencies he has to "please" & we won't always agree. That doesn't sound like someone pursuing FBS to me.
10-09-2015 09:44 AM
Big Duke Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jmu
Done
10-09-2015 09:47 AM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

Yes, because the football team and fans need to start proving themselves.
10-09-2015 09:48 AM
jmad1son Offline
Special Teams

(10-09-2015 09:44 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Alger gave me a personal reply on post-SMU Sunday (I imagine during or after his flight back from Dallas). He was a little condescending initially, but didn't go too over the top. It annoyed me that his response was to tell me there are many constituencies he has to "please" & we won't always agree. That doesn't sound like someone pursuing FBS to me.

And his point that "we won't always agree" is a fair statement; however, the constituencies in favor of an FBS move and conference change has grown, which should be a major concern to him and his administration. COA was the icing on the cake for many, so he needs to carefully tread waters and take heed to what is being said and take action accordingly. Continued inaction will diminish what has been already built. Bourne and his staff knows that but are stuck with decisions that they have no control over.
10-09-2015 10:20 AM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(10-09-2015 09:44 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Alger gave me a personal reply on post-SMU Sunday (I imagine during or after his flight back from Dallas). He was a little condescending initially, but didn't go too over the top. It annoyed me that his response was to tell me there are many constituencies he has to "please" & we won't always agree. That doesn't sound like someone pursuing FBS to me.

While killing time before my return flight from Dallas Love Field, I spotted this cool purple colored poster ad near my gate. It reminded me of the Be the Change theme.

" It's Different Here

Our Beautiful campus in Fort Worth is home to a personal education and the thrill of Big 12 sports.

TCU"

and I thought: the academic constituency and the athletic constituency are both emphasized in one simple sentence and wished we could do the same.
10-09-2015 10:32 AM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dooks
Signed...... and shared on FB.....
10-09-2015 10:51 AM
Advertisement

91Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU/ND

It's a little telling that one of those "constituencies" (i.e., the Faculty Senate) doesn't have the first clue about the real issues surrounding FBS in general, and intercollegiate athletics (and COA) in particular. And they are, of course, the loudest anti-FBS constituency Alger has to "please".
10-09-2015 11:30 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Longhorn any insight on this? Is the faculty really down on this? if so, what's the issue? They want more pay? (An issue at jmu...)
10-09-2015 10:43 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes

Why would any petition matter? Oh yea, "we are waiting for the right situation" is a lawyer speak lie.
10-10-2015 08:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.