Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Maryland Firing Edsall
A few years late, but...
10-08-2015 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(10-08-2015 10:30 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  A few years late, but...

It couldnt have happened to a more worthy school and coach. Edsall may be a Syracuse alum, but he is not well respected in these parts. SU fans hate him for his dirty recruiting while in the BE.
10-08-2015 10:55 AM
ClemVegas Offline
Banned

I Root For: Clemson
I was surprised when they fired the Fridge. He was probably their best coach in their history.

Looks like moving to the Big 10 didn't help Maryland any. Let that be a warning to the realignment fantasists. lol
10-08-2015 11:06 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

UA will spend $$ for a high profile Coach
10-08-2015 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
(10-08-2015 11:21 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  UA will spend $$ for a high profile Coach

Like who?

I scour boards for schools like Tennessee, Nebraska, etc, and they're always the same. Just switch them out in previous seasons for Florida, USC, Penn State, Texas whatever. It's always the same.

"We've got the money, back up the Brinks truck to a proven, successful high profile coach and get this done!"

Well, who the hell are people talking about?

Nick Saban? Urban Meyer? That's not happening.

Who's next on that list?
You've got probably Gary Patterson, Willingham at Utah, Art Briles? There might be three schools capable of making a run at Jimbo Fisher or Dabo Swinney, but people seem to think they're mediocre at best LOL.

John Gruden?

The proven, successful high profile coach is extremely elusive. People act like there are a dozen to choose from.

I don't care how much UA wants to spend, Maryland is not luring Briles, Patterson or Willingham I'm fairly certain. They'll get what everyone gets...some hot mid major coach or coordinator who will either be good or bust out like Hoke or Muschamp.
10-08-2015 11:34 AM
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(10-08-2015 11:34 AM)Lou_C Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 11:21 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  UA will spend $$ for a high profile Coach

Like who?

I scour boards for schools like Tennessee, Nebraska, etc, and they're always the same. Just switch them out in previous seasons for Florida, USC, Penn State, Texas whatever. It's always the same.

"We've got the money, back up the Brinks truck to a proven, successful high profile coach and get this done!"

Who's next on that list?
You've got probably Gary Patterson, Willingham at Utah, Art Briles? There might be three schools capable of making a run at Jimbo Fisher or Dabo Swinney, but people seem to think they're mediocre at best LOL.

John Gruden?

The proven, successful high profile coach is extremely elusive. People act like there are a dozen to choose from.

I don't care how much UA wants to spend, Maryland is not luring Briles, Patterson or Willingham I'm fairly certain. They'll get what everyone gets...some hot mid major coach or coordinator who will either be good or bust out like Hoke or Muschamp.

Bet they could get Ty Willingham, he's a program builder(Destroyer).
10-08-2015 11:36 AM
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
(10-08-2015 11:36 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  

Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

LOL
10-08-2015 11:56 AM
mj4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: unc

Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

They can't get UA to front the conversion of Cole to a football center & people this.k they will shell out money for a coach? The only thing that I think is realistic & might qualify as major would be taking a chance on someone like Butch Davis or Jim Tressel
10-08-2015 12:08 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
I think Maryland is trying to get ahead of the curve by locking down a candidate before other jobs open up.

Eventually Schiano is going to get something. Maybe this is it.
10-08-2015 12:17 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(10-08-2015 12:17 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  I think Maryland is trying to get ahead of the curve by locking down a candidate before other jobs open up.

Eventually Schiano is going to get something. Maybe this is it.

Schiano can't follow his path for success at Maryland. The B1G isn't going to allow him to build up a facade of a record by playing weak HBCUs.
10-08-2015 12:45 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

Rimshot Charlie Strong 01-donnankungfu

07-coffee3
10-08-2015 01:23 PM
NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(10-08-2015 12:08 PM)mj4life Wrote:  

Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

They can't get UA to front the conversion of Cole to a football center & people this.k they will shell out money for a coach? The only thing that I think is realistic & might qualify as major would be taking a chance on someone like Butch Davis or Jim Tressel
Kevin Plank has already donated $25 million. The new Cole Field House will include Under Armour in its name.
10-08-2015 04:36 PM
NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

Chip Kelly is the fan favorite.
10-08-2015 04:37 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
If I'm Chip Kelly do I take the Maryland gig or hold out for Texas when they get rid of Strong...knowing they will pay me whatever I want.
10-08-2015 05:30 PM
mj4life Offline
1st String

(10-08-2015 04:36 PM)NJ2MDTerp Wrote:  

Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

Kevin Plank has already donated $25 million. The new Cole Field House will include Under Armour in its name.

But Plank hasn't shown he is willing to throw around Phil Knight/Nike type money that Oregon gets has he?
10-08-2015 05:55 PM
Advertisement

NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

(10-08-2015 05:55 PM)mj4life Wrote:  

Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

But Plank hasn't shown he is willing to throw around Phil Knight/Nike type money that Oregon gets has he?
Oregon may not have the wealthy boosters that UMCP has. Plank also stated that he wanted the UMCP community to contribute as a matter of state pride and getting alumni re-engaged. With Plank's $25 million gift, UMCP was nearly half way towards the goal of raising $95 million in private money to redevelop Cole Field House. That was nearly one year ago. In the last few days the local papers have hinted that Edsall may be the barrier towards reaching that fundraising goal.

Plank's money may be needed for future projects. For example, Byrd Stadium may have to be expanded again to compete against the big boys in the Big Ten East. Personally, I think UMCP should just buy FedEx Field after Dan Snyder, a MD alumnus and Washington Redskins owner, builds a new stadium in DC in the next decade.
10-08-2015 06:52 PM
mj4life Offline
1st String

(10-08-2015 06:52 PM)NJ2MDTerp Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 05:55 PM)mj4life Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 11:34 AM)Lou_C Wrote:  Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

Oregon may not have the wealthy boosters that UMCP has. Plank also stated that he wanted the UMCP community to contribute as a matter of state pride and getting alumni re-engaged. With Plank's $25 million gift, UMCP was nearly half way towards the goal of raising $95 million in private money to redevelop Cole Field House. That was nearly one year ago. In the last few days the local papers have hinted that Edsall may be the barrier towards reaching that fundraising goal.

Plank's money may be needed for future projects. For example, Byrd Stadium may have to be expanded again to compete against the big boys in the Big Ten East. Personally, I think UMCP should just buy FedEx Field after Dan Snyder, a MD alumnus and Washington Redskins owner, builds a new stadium in DC in the next decade.
That's my point, Plank is contributing & expects other Maryland boosters to help while Knight writes the checks that allow Oregon to compete at the highest level, they have little need to raise funds. Knight fronted(covered the expenses) of their state of the art practice facility as a example
10-09-2015 05:29 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame

Like who?

Who's next on that list?

John Gruden?

He is well rested.

Does Maryland have a good golf course close by?

If not Ty, what about Lane Kiffin?
10-09-2015 07:23 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Lane Kiffen's 15 mins is up
10-09-2015 07:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.