Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Awful Announcing Presents
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Awful Announcing Presents
Bias showing much?

WHY DID SPORTSCENTER RANDOMLY TWEET OUT TOP 11 COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANKINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER?
awfulannouncing.com Wrote:When have you ever seen anyone rank the Top 11 in something? Nobody ever lists the Top 11 in anything. 11 isn’t a round number, heck, it’s not even divisible by anything. You rank numbers that are round or maybe if you’re feeling bold, a number divisible by 5. Top 10 lists, Top 5’s, maybe even Top 25’s. Only Buzzfeed would be silly and ironically self-aware enough to rank the Top 11 of something, and even that would only be just to get comments asking why they went to 11.

So when SportsCenter suddenly decided that after years of tweeting out Top 25 and Top 10 rankings that this week they would tweet out a Top 11, it led to a lot of this…

[Image: r83WAmU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 05:09 PM by bitcruncher.)
10-05-2015 05:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Awful Announcing Presents
With the SEC Network, they are really financially linked with the success of the SEC.

It would be funny to see the B1G dump them for Fox or NBC, but I seriously doubt they will.
10-05-2015 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
I actually think Florida being ranked #11 is a pretty big deal. If it was Michigan at #11, I think that would have been tweeted as well.
10-05-2015 06:48 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I think eSPIN is pretty lame for pimping the SEC like that. Either post all the ranked teams, or don't post any.

And the fact that there's so many SEC teams so highly ranked, when the SEC doesn't deserve such notice, is ludicrous.
10-05-2015 06:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
Last week, when promoting the upcoming Bama-Georgia game, a CBS guy called it "the best game in the best conference".

I made it a point not to watch CBS this week.
10-05-2015 06:59 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-05-2015 06:48 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I actually think Florida being ranked #11 is a pretty big deal. If it was Michigan at #11, I think that would have been tweeted as well.

Quite possible. Also possible for Texas, USC and Notre Dame.
10-05-2015 07:01 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

But their SEC pimping and their ignoring of no-name schools not in the SEC has REALLY gone overboard. Baylor must get really bad ratings because they go out of their way to pretend Baylor doesn't exist.
10-05-2015 07:02 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I refuse to watch NBC, since they're the Irish channel and have nothing I care to see available.

One of the best games that weekend was the K-State-Oklahoma State game. It went to the wire.

I hate the way eSPIN predicts what games matter, and what games don't. They have an agenda, and it has nothing to do with an unbiased analysis of what's actually happening.
10-05-2015 07:03 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-05-2015 07:01 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 06:48 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I actually think Florida being ranked #11 is a pretty big deal. If it was Michigan at #11, I think that would have been tweeted as well.

Quite possible. Also possible for Texas, USC and Notre Dame.

Exactly. I think it is easy to say it is simply about ESPN's relationship with The SEC but I think it has more to do with Florida's potential return to prominence. Their defense is very good and holy cow...do they actually have a top level quarterback there now?

Right now it feels like I may be eating my words about just how successful a head coach of Colorado State could be upon entering the SEC with a program that seemed down and out such as how I perceived Florida.
10-05-2015 07:07 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-05-2015 07:03 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I refuse to watch NBC, since they're the Irish channel and have nothing I care to see available.

One of the best games that weekend was the K-State-Oklahoma State game. It went to the wire.

I hate the way eSPIN predicts what games matter, and what games don't. They have an agenda, and it has nothing to do with an unbiased analysis of what's actually happening.

Its about the Benjamins. It would be ok if they weren't also the go to place for sports news.
10-05-2015 07:07 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
ESPN had both Boise State games the past two weeks, and Boise State wound up blowing away Virginia and Hawaii.
10-05-2015 07:34 PM
Advertisement

Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Nebreaska
The mere second a national power returns to glory they will pimp the f' out of it for ratings. Doesn't matter if it is Texas, Nebraska, Michigan (already been doing it..lol) and others like USCw.
10-05-2015 08:48 PM
Otacon Offline
Special Teams

(10-05-2015 06:59 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  Last week, when promoting the upcoming Bama-Georgia game, a CBS guy called it "the best game in the best conference".

Was there a better game on between top 10 teams?
10-06-2015 09:21 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-06-2015 09:21 AM)Otacon Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 06:59 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  Last week, when promoting the upcoming Bama-Georgia game, a CBS guy called it "the best game in the best conference".

I would say there were better games between unranked teams due to how lopsided that game was.
10-06-2015 05:18 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(10-06-2015 05:18 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 09:21 AM)Otacon Wrote:  

I would say there were better games between unranked teams due to how lopsided that game was.
There are always a bunch of good games, and many of 'em aren't among the top teams. When WVU isn't on TV, I usually keep an eye on the scoreboard and watch the game that looks most interesting at the time.

If it's not WVU, I channel surf a good bit among the various games of the day. Whatever looks the most interesting at the time gets my attention, until it becomes uninteresting, or the game ends.
10-06-2015 09:06 PM
Otacon Offline
Special Teams

(10-06-2015 05:18 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I would say there were better games between unranked teams due to how lopsided that game was.

No, that's after the fact....Was there a better matchup between top 10 schools before we knew the outcome of the game? I'll answer for you; NO. I dislike the SEC as much as anyone else, but they are the best conference. Therefore, pregame, the game was indeed the best game in the best conference. I agree the game was a total let down, but everyone takes a whoopin' sometimes.
10-07-2015 06:00 AM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline

(10-07-2015 06:00 AM)Otacon Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 05:18 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I would say there were better games between unranked teams due to how lopsided that game was.

No, that's after the fact....Was there a better matchup between top 10 schools before we knew the outcome of the game? I'll answer for you; NO. I dislike the SEC as much as anyone else, but they are the best conference. Therefore, pregame, the game was indeed the best game in the best conference. I agree the game was a total let down, but everyone takes a whoopin' sometimes.

Wow, you should have looked up what match ups there were last week before you went off like this. Now you look like a jack ass.

#6 Notre Dame vs #12 Clemson was the hyped match up for the week. Moral of the story? Don't EVER answer for me if you are going to answer wrong.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 09:13 AM by He1nousOne.)
10-07-2015 09:11 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(10-07-2015 09:11 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
Wow, you should have looked up what match ups there were last week before you went off like this. Now you look like a jack ass.

#6 Notre Dame vs #12 Clemson was the hyped match up for the week. Moral of the story? Don't EVER answer for me if you are going to answer wrong.
He didn't really answer you wrong - in his opinion. And that's what I think he was doing there.

It doesn't have to agree with the physical evidence when you're talking to FANS.
10-07-2015 09:43 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-07-2015 09:43 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

He didn't really answer you wrong - in his opinion. And that's what I think he was doing there.

It doesn't have to agree with the physical evidence when you're talking to FANS.

I realize you want to defend your fellow WVU guy and I shall say that I like Otacon. I'll call anyone a jack ass, its not a big deal for me and I am likely to simply laugh if someone calls me a jack ass.

With that being said....he said "Was there a better matchup between top 10 schools before we knew the outcome of the game?". Both teams weren't even in the top 10. The same could be said of Notre Dame and Clemson but collectively their ranks were higher and neither one had a loss. So, if he wants to simply say his opinion then that is fine but he was stating it as a matter of fact so I could tell he overlooked the Notre Dame and Clemson game.

That CBS person was hyping the game that CBS had versus the game that ESPN was hyping. That should be obvious.
10-07-2015 09:47 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(10-07-2015 09:47 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 09:43 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

I realize you want to defend your fellow WVU guy and I shall say that I like Otacon. I'll call anyone a jack ass, its not a big deal for me and I am likely to simply laugh if someone calls me a jack ass.

With that being said....he said "Was there a better matchup between top 10 schools before we knew the outcome of the game?". Both teams weren't even in the top 10. The same could be said of Notre Dame and Clemson but collectively their ranks were higher and neither one had a loss. So, if he wants to simply say his opinion then that is fine but he was stating it as a matter of fact so I could tell he overlooked the Notre Dame and Clemson game.

That CBS person was hyping the game that CBS had versus the game that ESPN was hyping. That should be obvious.
It WAS obvious, Oblivia. THAT should have been obvious in my post.

But what I was saying is that FACTS often mean little in sports board discussions. There are FANS we're talking with. Remember?
10-07-2015 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.