Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FOLLOW YOUR TEAM
Bookmark and Share
DUKES DUKES DUKES Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
FOLLOW YOUR TEAM
Everybody has got to go to the games - home or away. Put everything else aside and make the trip. Get your tickets now - fill the stadiums with purple. Rain or shine - be there!
10-05-2015 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

RE: FOLLOW YOUR TEAM
I'm bringing 13 to the Towson game. And the guy I spoke with at the Towson ticket office gave me the impression that they are expecting a lot of purple.
10-05-2015 08:28 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

Take over the Towson field. Make it an extended JMU home game.
10-05-2015 08:32 AM
Yesolitis Offline
Special Teams

I imagine it will be. I'll be out of town for a wedding this weekend, but I am sure a ton of DC area JMU fans will jump at the opportunity for a quick trip to Baltimore to watch this team in action. With two sort of "wash out" games in the books, I think fans are hungry to see this 5-0 team live despite having had 4 of the first 5 games at home.
10-05-2015 09:14 AM
DUKES DUKES DUKES Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-05-2015 08:28 AM)Purple Pilgrim Wrote:  I'm bringing 13 to the Towson game. And the guy I spoke with at the Towson ticket office gave me the impression that they are expecting a lot of purple.

Can we get the band to all of these away games? Who has connections?
10-05-2015 09:37 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
FOLLOW YOUR TEAM
The Oct 31 game @ William & Mary should be a good draw especially for Richmond and Hampton Roads alumni.

There are still tickets available online if you can't get them through JMU's limited allotment.
W&M's website allows you to see the exact seats that are available and select accordingly.
10-05-2015 01:22 PM
Advertisement

jmuduke10 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison U
My gf bought me tix to the JMU/Towson game after I woke her up yelling about the SMU game. What section are the away fans in/tailgating plans? Cant wait to see the Dukes for the first time this year
10-05-2015 01:49 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Wife and I are heading out to FL towards the end of the week so we will not be able to make the Towson game. If it was an earlier start we might have been
able to make it. We are, however, detouring on the way back to be at the Elon game. make sure to stop by and say hello, will be in the JMU Section with the wife, older daughter (2010) and her husband!!

Brian
10-05-2015 02:16 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(10-05-2015 01:22 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  The Oct 31 game @ William & Mary should be a good draw especially for Richmond and Hampton Roads alumni.

There are still tickets available online if you can't get them through JMU's limited allotment.
W&M's website allows you to see the exact seats that are available and select accordingly.

Based on your suggestion, I just checked out the tribe's ticket site...

Tons of seats available, all of which are way better than the visiting allotment. I'm definitely grabbing ours in section C this week.
10-05-2015 02:30 PM
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

(10-05-2015 02:30 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 01:22 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  The Oct 31 game @ William & Mary should be a good draw especially for Richmond and Hampton Roads alumni.

Based on your suggestion, I just checked out the tribe's ticket site...

Tons of seats available, all of which are way better than the visiting allotment. I'm definitely grabbing ours in section C this week.

You can do the same thing for Towson and there are a bunch of seats available near the 50 yard line
10-05-2015 02:34 PM
JMU_Rocks! Offline
Special Teams

Made the trip this weekend in the rain and stayed until the end without cover. Suffering a little for it yesterday and today.

Looking forward to the W&M game - my wife will trade her Purple for Green, but our normal group will be there. They have a pretty nice tailgate atmosphere, but it is a little tough getting parking. We typically go for their Homecoming, without this - parking might be easier.

Delaware is also a nice trip, with a good tailgate scene.
10-05-2015 07:05 PM
Advertisement

jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
I know it is tempting to get better seats for perhaps a better price.

But I like it when all the Purple folks are together and unified, as collectively we make a lot more noise and synch the fight song better.

It worked really well at SMU!
10-05-2015 07:27 PM
RootinFerDukes Offline
1st String

(10-05-2015 01:49 PM)jmuduke10 Wrote:  My gf bought me tix to the JMU/Towson game after I woke her up yelling about the SMU game. What section are the away fans in/tailgating plans? Cant wait to see the Dukes for the first time this year

Lot 21 here. Took over a tailgate spot in one of their bigger lots apparently
10-05-2015 07:49 PM
DooX Offline
1st String

My recollection of Towson is that you can pretty much sit where ever you want, although I haven't been the last two or three games there since they've improved.
10-05-2015 08:09 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(10-05-2015 07:27 PM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  I know it is tempting to get better seats for perhaps a better price.

But I like it when all the Purple folks are together and unified, as collectively we make a lot more noise and synch the fight song better.

I normally agree 100%, but W&M visitors section is the worst haha.
10-05-2015 08:18 PM
Lyric Offline
2nd String

I won't be at the Towson game, but it'll be me +3 for both the W&M and Delaware games and I can't wait! The visitor sections may not be the choicest seats, but I love being around fellow diehard Dukes fans who aren't afraid to make some noise and obnoxiously let the home crowd know we're here by screaming on every play as if we just scored!
10-05-2015 09:09 PM
Advertisement

Mad victory Offline
1st String

(10-05-2015 09:09 PM)Lyric Wrote:  I won't be at the Towson game, but it'll be me +3 for both the W&M and Delaware games and I can't wait! The visitor sections may not be the choicest seats, but I love being around fellow diehard Dukes fans who aren't afraid to make some noise and obnoxiously let the home crowd know we're here by screaming on every play as if we just scored!
Ummmmm we do score on like every play
10-05-2015 09:11 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

FOLLOW YOUR TEAM
(10-05-2015 07:27 PM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  I know it is tempting to get better seats for perhaps a better price.

Yep. Although the seats always suck, I would rather be among my JMU brethren than sit with the enemy in a better section.
10-05-2015 10:06 PM
Pitz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes.
Dukes.
10-06-2015 08:36 AM
jmuwyhamhgawd Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes
Last W&M game (their homecoming, I believe), we parked in the primo spots typically used by some group of parents or something who did NOT take kindly to it. They complained to the parking attendants who just said there was nothing they can do because it's a general admission lot. It was fantastic.
10-06-2015 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.