Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should Gunner get "Pipped"?
Bookmark and Share
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
Should Gunner get "Pipped"?
Or might Tubs adopt the Urban 2 QB system?

10-02-2015 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: Should Gunner get "Pipped"?
(10-02-2015 12:07 AM)dossbig Wrote:  Or might Tubs adopt the Urban 2 QB system?

No and no. You sit Gunner until he's ready then you give him back his job he earned.

10-02-2015 12:09 AM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
I'd be fine with Moore

10-02-2015 12:31 AM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Offense runs better with Moore

10-02-2015 12:54 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Moore actually got away with several really poor decisions tonight (especially a few back foot throws that hung in the air and just missed getting picked off). There were also several plays where his primary receiver was covered and he never got to looking for a second option, instead either forced it to the first option, threw it away, or took off running.

He looked great for a redshirt freshman, but there is SO much improvement possible there.

10-02-2015 01:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Absolutely not. The head coach must show loyalty to his players and integrity.

10-02-2015 05:41 AM
Advertisement

Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
No Gunner is the QB once he's healthy IMO.

I really like Moore, but he is still a RS Freshman, which means he's going to take his lumps and have some rough outings. It happens to any QB who plays that early. He played a solid game last night, but he did get away with several throws that probably should have been intercepted. He's going to be a very good QB in time, but Gunner is this team's Quarterback for sure.

10-02-2015 05:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(10-02-2015 12:09 AM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 12:07 AM)dossbig Wrote:  Or might Tubs adopt the Urban 2 QB system?

No and no. You sit Gunner until he's ready then you give him back his job he earned.

Not sure how he earned it except being the guy from the year before. Reportedly Moore routinely outperformed him in summer camp, but Gunner was excused with the idea that he's more of a Game day player. Moore seems to do at least just as well, if not better on Game Day, too. Let the best man win.

10-02-2015 06:26 AM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(10-02-2015 01:11 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Moore actually got away with several really poor decisions tonight (especially a few back foot throws that hung in the air and just missed getting picked off). There were also several plays where his primary receiver was covered and he never got to looking for a second option, instead either forced it to the first option, threw it away, or took off running.

He looked great for a redshirt freshman, but there is SO much improvement possible there.

not to be mean, but you could say the same things about gunnar - i'm not saying he should lose his job due to injury - just that he has some issues also - and, really, when you think about it, gunnar's only halfway into his second season, and missed a lot last year with injuries - my point is that he's not a 3rd or 4th year start eitherer

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 07:29 AM by dave108.)
10-02-2015 07:28 AM
BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
Gunner is the more proven option and Moore is still a freshman and he still doe snot have the full offense at his disposal. Gunner looks more comfortable, though he has battled turnovers as well. But I think at this point, the offense works better with Gunner, though with his injury history, glad to have Moore. If Moore wins the job, fine with me, but Gunner seems to be the better option at this time.

10-02-2015 07:35 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
We are lucky to have 2 good QBs. period.

10-02-2015 07:53 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
I don't think Gunner should get "Pipped". That being said, I don't think the staff should hurry to bring him back unless he is 100% in both mind and body.

10-02-2015 07:58 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(10-02-2015 07:35 AM)BigDawg Wrote:  Gunner is the more proven option and Moore is still a freshman and he still doe snot have the full offense at his disposal. Gunner looks more comfortable, though he has battled turnovers as well. But I think at this point, the offense works better with Gunner, though with his injury history, glad to have Moore. If Moore wins the job, fine with me, but Gunner seems to be the better option at this time.

It's interesting to me how two people can watch the exact same thing and see it so differently. For me, it's the exact opposite, Gunner has looked terribly uncomfortable, confused and hesitant when he's been in the game. Moore has looked confident and decisive from what I have seen.

I'm fine with either, I'm far more worried about the comment the announcer made about the coaches allowing the RB's to sub themselves in and out, no freaking wonder we have barely seen Mike Boone when healthy, what a joke.

10-02-2015 07:58 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
I have to say - Moore seems more poised than Gunner.

I think Kiel is a little gun-shy right now (and to that extent it's hard to blame him at this point) and it affects his decision making.

However, I think when Gunner is healthy you have to put him back in as the starter since he initially won the job. And he is a good QB. But it's nice to know Moore is ready if Kiel falters or is injured.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 08:34 AM by bearcatfan.)
10-02-2015 08:33 AM
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
Fine line sometimes between winning and losing. We dropped a couple TD passes in the Temple game but last night Mckay makes a great catch on a TD drive. Without that catch the game might have gone a different route. (I thought it would make Sportcenter's top ten plays; it didn't but Williams run was #1)

10-02-2015 08:40 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(10-02-2015 08:33 AM)bearcatfan Wrote:  I have to say - Moore seems more poised than Gunner.

I think Kiel is a little gun-shy right now (and to that extent it's hard to blame him at this point) and it affects his decision making.

However, I think when Gunner is healthy you have to put him back in as the starter since he initially won the job. And he is a good QB. But it's nice to know Moore is ready if Kiel falters or is injured.

I agree but Moore is one of those kids... doesn't look as pretty but the kid makes space for himself and gets the ball out quickly to the right guy. There is no hesitation.

10-02-2015 08:45 AM
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
The offense is scaled back for Moore, or at least that seems to be the case. Gunner is asked to do much more and the offense can do so much more with him under center. Now some of that may be not having Chris Moore and Holton, but we use more of the field with Gunner running the offense. But Moore has shown he can make plenty of plays. Both make their share of mistakes and Moore got away with a few passes last night (Though Gunner has as well). I'm happy with either, just think Gunner is more suited to get the most out of our offense at this time.

10-02-2015 08:47 AM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
Moore seems to throw the ball with more zip and seems a lot more poised. And against two of the toughest teams we'll play all year.

I love Gunner but he got Pipp'd.

10-02-2015 09:00 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
When healthy, Gunner is our QB for the next two years (we can put to rest him leaving for the NFL after this year) . We cant do from touting we have a potential first round NFL draft pick to benching him for a freshman whos had 2 good games who got an opportunity from an injured Kiel .

That said I'm excited as hell we have Moore to go to .Lets face it, on a good year we need 2 good QBs to carry the weight , sometimes 3 or 4 . Moore can be something special in a couple years. And with couple other good young QBs in the pipeline , things are looking strong

10-02-2015 09:41 AM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-02-2015 08:47 AM)BigDawg Wrote:  The offense is scaled back for Moore, or at least that seems to be the case. Gunner is asked to do much more and the offense can do so much more with him under center. Now some of that may be not having Chris Moore and Holton, but we use more of the field with Gunner running the offense. But Moore has shown he can make plenty of plays. Both make their share of mistakes and Moore got away with a few passes last night (Though Gunner has as well). I'm happy with either, just think Gunner is more suited to get the most out of our offense at this time.

I agree. I'd actually consider scaling it back some for Gunner as well. He's definitely asked to do much more, but they may be putting too much on his plate.

With the WR's they have they can keep in pretty simple, execute and just out talent their opponents. Up to this point his pocket presence and body language haven't looked that great. He's probably doing too much thinking out there before and during the play.

10-02-2015 09:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.