Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MEN'S HOOPS!!
KSU93 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent state univ
MEN'S HOOPS!!
Finally, as despair sits in with another losing yr of football. We realize that hoops is on the way. Now we can look forward to a program and a coach with no institutional commitment but still building it the right way. Freshman, transfers and 4 yr players.
Cmon Rob let's win in spite of Joel!

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/...s_ken.html
10-01-2015 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
RE: MEN'S HOOPS!!
EA as always is a clown. Hate the guy. For years, KSU has asked reporters not to refer to us as "Kent." Yet, he still does. Says Deon Edwin is from Mississippi State and he is from Southern Miss. He is pretty much worthless.
10-01-2015 09:32 PM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
Here's another funny line..."More and more, Senderoff , in his fifth season, is turning to freshmen as part of his annual building plan," - so here's the stats behind 'More and more':

2015, we had 1 freshman, Raasean Davis, got 92 minutes
2014, 3 freshmen, Marquiez Lawrence, Jon Fleming, and Tyler Scott, a total of 64 minutes on the court
2013, this year's seniors Khaliq Spicer, and Chris Ortiz, along with Kellon Thomas and Earvin Morris earned 886 minutes.

I just don't see a 'more' trend.
10-02-2015 12:44 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

One thing that EA did mention that has me optimistic is that KSU returns more firepower on the baseline than in the backcourt. It sure would be nice to see the Flashes relying as much or more on points in the paint instead of perimeter scoring.

That said, who is really who?

Is Chris Ortiz a stretch four who will spend his time on the perimeter? Or will diversity come with being a senior? Can he defend multiple positions or will bigger post players eat him up?

Have Spicer's hands improved? If so he could be the best 5 we have seen in a quite a few years now.

Is Davis ready to take the step to a serviceable sophomore big man?

Is Marvin Jones a forward? Or at 205 pounds should he just be considered a tall guard.

If Jimmy Hall is truly a MAC POY then patience may be a virtue with guys like Davis and Jones.
10-02-2015 01:45 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(10-02-2015 01:45 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  One thing that EA did mention that has me optimistic is that KSU returns more firepower on the baseline than in the backcourt. It sure would be nice to see the Flashes relying as much or more on points in the paint instead of perimeter scoring.

Is Chris Ortiz a stretch four who will spend his time on the perimeter? Or will diversity come with being a senior? Can he defend multiple positions or will bigger post players eat him up?

Have Spicer's hands improved? If so he could be the best 5 we have seen in a quite a few years now.

Is Marvin Jones a forward? Or at 205 pounds should he just be considered a tall guard.

If Jimmy Hall is truly a MAC POY then patience may be a virtue with guys like Davis and Jones.

Jones is going to play like a stretch 4.
10-02-2015 02:45 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(10-02-2015 01:45 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  One thing that EA did mention that has me optimistic is that KSU returns more firepower on the baseline than in the backcourt. It sure would be nice to see the Flashes relying as much or more on points in the paint instead of perimeter scoring.

Just a guess, but I expect to see Ortiz get a lot of minutes at the 3. He played the 3 a lot last year and I thought he was better than expected defensively and obviously creates a mismatch offensively. With Jones in the fold and a lot of question marks on the perimeter, it stands to reason that Ortiz will get a lot of minutes at the 3. Plus, Sendy seems to prefer taller guys at that position.
10-03-2015 12:08 PM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

(10-03-2015 12:08 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  

Just a guess, but I expect to see Ortiz get a lot of minutes at the 3. He played the 3 a lot last year and I thought he was better than expected defensively and obviously creates a mismatch offensively. With Jones in the fold and a lot of question marks on the perimeter, it stands to reason that Ortiz will get a lot of minutes at the 3. Plus, Sendy seems to prefer taller guys at that position.

I like Ortiz, but I rather hope that one of the new guys really shines and takes the minutes at the 3. With Ortiz, we got 6.6ppg in regular minutes, with something like 4rpg. If that's door #1, I'd probably gamble and take whatever's behind door #2.
10-05-2015 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.