Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Weather guys - Chime in on Joaquin
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Weather guys - Chime in on Joaquin
I'm in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia - looks like we may be right in the path of the hurricane/noreaster/hybrid storm coming up the coast.

So amateur weather guys - lets chat about the storm....where do you think it will end up and what kind of impact are we looking at?
09-30-2015 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
RE: Weather guys - Chime in on Joaquin
Anything at this point is an educated guess.
09-30-2015 12:22 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-30-2015 12:21 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  I'm in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia - looks like we may be right in the path of the hurricane/noreaster/hybrid storm coming up the coast.

So amateur weather guys - lets chat about the storm....where do you think it will end up and what kind of impact are we looking at?

We gonna get soaked.
09-30-2015 12:24 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(09-30-2015 12:24 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(09-30-2015 12:21 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  I'm in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia - looks like we may be right in the path of the hurricane/noreaster/hybrid storm coming up the coast.

We gonna get soaked.

We'll get wet, absolutely. How bad will it be? We're a few days out from knowing that

[Image: map_specnewsdct-55_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg]
09-30-2015 12:26 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
A lot of moving parts. Upper level low, blocking ridge, another cyclone forming to the East, etc. Midday models have shifted South into Wilmington-Hatteras, but the Euro is still out to see. The cone of uncertainty could be anything from Charleston to swimming with the fishes. With a 38 week pregnant wife, I hope this keeps trending South.
09-30-2015 12:30 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Well, they've already changed the HS games from Friday night to tomorrow. A BIG problem is all the soaking we've had over the last couple weeks already, including the last 48 hours or so, yesterday was a freaking monsoon out. Flooding and downed trees all over will be a real problem.

I think it's still to far off to call with any kind of certainty, I hope a front moves off the Coast and forces this thing East, I don't need any more headaches right now...

On the bright side, surf from Hatteras Light to Jersey shore should be pretty solid. Waters still warmish, grab the shorty and go!
09-30-2015 12:39 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(09-30-2015 12:30 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  A lot of moving parts. Upper level low, blocking ridge, another cyclone forming to the East, etc. Midday models have shifted South into Wilmington-Hatteras, but the Euro is still out to see. The cone of uncertainty could be anything from Charleston to swimming with the fishes. With a 38 week pregnant wife, I hope this keeps trending South.

Which one of the models is usually the most accurate? Is it the Euro?
09-30-2015 12:51 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
The weather guys have jokes if we make it to P & R.
09-30-2015 12:52 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-30-2015 12:51 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(09-30-2015 12:30 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  A lot of moving parts. Upper level low, blocking ridge, another cyclone forming to the East, etc. Midday models have shifted South into Wilmington-Hatteras, but the Euro is still out to see. The cone of uncertainty could be anything from Charleston to swimming with the fishes. With a 38 week pregnant wife, I hope this keeps trending South.

Which one of the models is usually the most accurate? Is it the Euro?

Historically, the Euro is usually the most accurate, but not always. It happens to be the outlier here. Then again, it was also the outlier that predicted Sandy hitting NJ before the others came into concensus. It runs again in the next hour. Let's see if it holds its ground. As I said, this is a very difficult storm with a lot more moving parts that we usually see.
09-30-2015 01:01 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I haven't paid much attention until today. I had a client call and say they were headed out to board up his home on the coast.

Good luck to all the posters in the potential path.
09-30-2015 01:03 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

Canadian - Hatteras
UK - NC/VA border
GFS - Morehead City
HRWF - Northern OBX
And the new Euro is out to sea again.
09-30-2015 01:24 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

Glad I went ahead and put out all the grass seed, fertilizer, and lime last week.
09-30-2015 03:10 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
Hopefully it slams into North Carolina / Virginia and brings an abundance of precipitation to New Jersey. Currently we are in a drought warning (even with the 2 inches from 12 hours ago). We need as much rain as possible while not having a storm rip along the Atlantic and destroying the New Jersey coastline.
09-30-2015 03:16 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(09-30-2015 03:16 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  Hopefully it slams into North Carolina / Virginia and brings an abundance of precipitation to New Jersey. Currently we are in a drought warning (even with the 2 inches from 12 hours ago). We need as much rain as possible while not having a storm rip along the Atlantic and destroying the New Jersey coastline.

Yeah, for the previous month it had been pretty dry around my neck of the woods as well. Obviously this week has squashed that and it looks like lots more rain to come soon. I bet those folks in California are like, WTF?
09-30-2015 03:33 PM
wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
(09-30-2015 03:16 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  Hopefully it slams into North Carolina / Virginia and brings an abundance of precipitation to New Jersey. Currently we are in a drought warning (even with the 2 inches from 12 hours ago). We need as much rain as possible while not having a storm rip along the Atlantic and destroying the New Jersey coastline.

Typical NJ. "Bend over and take a slamming one for us everyone outside of NJ, because we need some rain."

I'd prefer to send it to NJ so we can see another lovefest with Christie & Obama. A nice pic of them holding hands while walking on the beach would be worth the billions that the rest of the country would have to pay.
09-30-2015 05:52 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It's beautiful in the east coast but at times like these I'm glad we live in the desert. The only problems we have are haboobs and they aren't that common. We have Arizona to blame for them.

Be safe and don't take chances.
09-30-2015 09:56 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
It will go east of the projected track and will mess Portland Maine up.

Why?

That's where I'll be on Monday.

-----

Storms I've experienced: Camille, Frederic, Opal, Elena, Juan, Georges, Ivan, Katrina, Rita, Mitch and Ike. I'm a magnet for these damn things.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 09:59 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
09-30-2015 09:56 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU

You guys have never taken a direct hit right?
09-30-2015 09:58 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(09-30-2015 09:56 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  It will go east of the projected track and will mess Portland Maine up.

Why?

That's where I'll be on Monday.

-----

Storms I've experienced: Camille, Frederic, Opal, Elena, Juan, Georges, Ivan, Katrina, Rita, Mitch and Ike. I'm a magnet for these damn things.

…and you voted for obama. LOL

I now believe you… that you're a magnet for disasters.
09-30-2015 10:00 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Up to Cat 3 now. Models still anywhere from landfall just north of Savannah to out to sea south of Bermuda.
09-30-2015 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.