Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Confused and Amused
Bookmark and Share
TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Exclamation Confused and Amused
01-wingedeagle OK, I admit I am not the sharpest blade in the drawer but read this. I flew from Florida for Tiger game against Cincinnati. Rushed to get rental car and had minor problem with rental, got on Airways to make bee-line for stadium. Airways closed off had to make U-turn in traffic. Having fit by now. Got on Parkway toward stadium and there was an accident at Lamar with police cars, blue lights, heavy
heavy traffic. Got to entrance and pulled car over to side of road and got my wife to come around and drive while I grabbed my ticket and got out and headed walking to stadium. I cut through cars, grass, whatever else to get there as fast as possible. Got to Tiger Lane and thousands of people partying. I'm thinking "get in stadium people, we are on National TV and crowd needs to look good. Time is now (I think) 6:50pm and I am not in stadium yet. I must be missing entire first quarter. Get call from my wife and she sweetly says " Buddy, don't have a heart attack, you are on time since your watch is still on eastern time so it is only 5:50 pm Memphis time". Big sigh of relief on my part. Stayed on Tiger Lane and went to Binghampton Ned's tailgate ( he played soccer on championship teams with my son in the eighty's and had invited me from the message board) I had a GREAT
TIME at the game and sat with an old friend that I used to attend all games with as season ticket holders during our never win seasons. We sat in cold, wet, hot seasons and really never won. After I moved then the Tigers got hot and I love "me some Tiger football". I will be able to see my Tigers again this Friday night in person at the USF game in Tampa. Life is good. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!
09-29-2015 06:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memphis mania Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Confused and Amused
Hey, at least you weren't coming from a time zone from the west. Would have missed at least half the game.
09-29-2015 07:22 AM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(09-29-2015 07:22 AM)memphis mania Wrote:  Hey, at least you weren't coming from a time zone from the west. Would have missed at least half the game.

But that would have still left over 2 hours!
09-29-2015 08:18 AM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(09-29-2015 06:59 AM)TIGERBUDDY Wrote:  01-wingedeagle OK, I admit I am not the sharpest blade in the drawer but read this. I flew from Florida for Tiger game against Cincinnati. Rushed to get rental car and had minor problem with rental, got on Airways to make bee-line for stadium. Airways closed off had to make U-turn in traffic. Having fit by now. Got on Parkway toward stadium and there was an accident at Lamar with police cars, blue lights, heavy
heavy traffic. Got to entrance and pulled car over to side of road and got my wife to come around and drive while I grabbed my ticket and got out and headed walking to stadium. I cut through cars, grass, whatever else to get there as fast as possible. Got to Tiger Lane and thousands of people partying. I'm thinking "get in stadium people, we are on National TV and crowd needs to look good. Time is now (I think) 6:50pm and I am not in stadium yet. I must be missing entire first quarter. Get call from my wife and she sweetly says " Buddy, don't have a heart attack, you are on time since your watch is still on eastern time so it is only 5:50 pm Memphis time". Big sigh of relief on my part. Stayed on Tiger Lane and went to Binghampton Ned's tailgate ( he played soccer on championship teams with my son in the eighty's and had invited me from the message board) I had a GREAT
TIME at the game and sat with an old friend that I used to attend all games with as season ticket holders during our never win seasons. We sat in cold, wet, hot seasons and really never won. After I moved then the Tigers got hot and I love "me some Tiger football". I will be able to see my Tigers again this Friday night in person at the USF game in Tampa. Life is good. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!

Funny, but I know the feeling of trying to get somewhere on time. I can't tell you how many times I have outsmarted myself with time zone changes. I use my smartphone for an alarm and it took me a few trips (years ago) before I realized the phone automatically adjusted the time depending on where I was. Awkward to show up for a business meeting before anyone is at the building.
09-29-2015 08:30 AM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
Buddy, usually the UofM ticket office sticks us together @ away games.

we'll be in section 132, I hope you have better seats!
09-29-2015 08:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.