mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
[split] Congrats, Miners
(09-22-2015 06:30 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 01:09 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 10:43 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-21-2015 11:56 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(09-21-2015 08:19 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  No friends or family that you could get a log on with?

[Image: 5lytn.jpg]

I have plenty of friends and family, unfortunately, most of them are not big UTEP fans even though many of them graduated from there.

I"m pretty much the only person I know that actually attempts to watch them on TV or go to the games.

Most of them are probably big Mexican soccer fans, right Fit? No comprende the American futbol game. Que's eso?

Believe it or not, no. Most people I know are pro football fans mostly with a handful of Longhorn or other P5 fans. The sun bowl game gets more fans than Utep games usually.

Since it's coming from you, I'll go with not. But good job tying to make UTEP look bad on the main board.
09-22-2015 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Re: RE: Congrats, Miners
(09-22-2015 09:32 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 10:43 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-21-2015 11:56 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  [Image: 5lytn.jpg]

I have plenty of friends and family, unfortunately, most of them are not big UTEP fans even though many of them graduated from there.

I"m pretty much the only person I know that actually attempts to watch them on TV or go to the games.

Most of them are probably big Mexican soccer fans, right Fit? No comprende the American futbol game. Que's eso?

Believe it or not, no. Most people I know are pro football fans mostly with a handful of Longhorn or other P5 fans. The sun bowl game gets more fans than Utep games usually.

Since it's coming from you, I'll go with not. But good job tying to make UTEP look bad on the main board.

Sorry if the truth hurts but there are way more cowboy fans in El Paso than Utep fans. It's just a fact.
I have a brother in law that will spend hundreds to see the Cowboys play but won't spend 200 on Utep season tickets.

Even I got "guilted" by you guys into buying season tickets once.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 11:33 PM by Fitbud.)
09-22-2015 11:31 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

RE: Congrats, Miners
(09-22-2015 11:31 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 10:43 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I have plenty of friends and family, unfortunately, most of them are not big UTEP fans even though many of them graduated from there.

Sorry if the truth hurts but there are way more cowboy fans in El Paso than Utep fans. It's just a fact.
I have a brother in law that will spend hundreds to see the Cowboys play but won't spend 200 on Utep season tickets.

Typical Fitbud. Your point changes once you get called out. The Dallas Cowboys are very popular in El Paso. We know that. You don't have to choose between the Cowboys and the Miners though. Most sports fans have a favorite pro team.

UTEP is by far the biggest college brand in town. The gear is absolutely everywhere in El Paso. Everywhere. You shoot yourself in the foot every time you start with your 'Longhorns and other P5' nonsense. Obviously El Paso, like any other city, likes a big name. Texas and Notre Dame are popular here. But UTEP carries the market easily.

Refer to your beloved 'local radio.' Kappy lets the caller talk about whatever they want. They don't filter. Not too many Longhorn and P5 fans calling in.
09-22-2015 11:56 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-22-2015 11:56 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 01:09 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Most of them are probably big Mexican soccer fans, right Fit? No comprende the American futbol game. Que's eso?

Typical Fitbud. Your point changes once you get called out. The Dallas Cowboys are very popular in El Paso. We know that. You don't have to choose between the Cowboys and the Miners though. Most sports fans have a favorite pro team.

UTEP is by far the biggest college brand in town. The gear is absolutely everywhere in El Paso. Everywhere. You shoot yourself in the foot every time you start with your 'Longhorns and other P5' nonsense. Obviously El Paso, like any other city, likes a big name. Texas and Notre Dame are popular here. But UTEP carries the market easily.

Refer to your beloved 'local radio.' Kappy lets the caller talk about whatever they want. They don't filter. Not too many Longhorn and P5 fans calling in.

Lots of football fans in El Paso have to choose between the Cowboys and the Miners. When it comes to spending a couple of hundred bucks on one Cowboy game or UTEP season tickets, unfortunately, many choose the one Cowboy game. My friends family owns one of the Bus services that takes fans to every Cowboy game and they typically sell out one or two buses.
09-24-2015 11:38 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

(09-24-2015 11:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 06:30 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Believe it or not, no. Most people I know are pro football fans mostly with a handful of Longhorn or other P5 fans. The sun bowl game gets more fans than Utep games usually.

Lots of football fans in El Paso have to choose between the Cowboys and the Miners. When it comes to spending a couple of hundred bucks on one Cowboy game or UTEP season tickets, unfortunately, many choose the one Cowboy game. My friends family owns one of the Bus services that takes fans to every Cowboy game and they typically sell out one or two buses.

A lot of speculation in your post. Not to mention how much your stance and point has changed. I've been on those bus trips. Yet I'm a UTEP season ticket holder. Many on the bus were wearing Miner gear. Many were UTEP season ticket holders as well. You don't have to choose between the two.
09-24-2015 01:48 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-24-2015 01:48 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 09:32 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  Since it's coming from you, I'll go with not. But good job tying to make UTEP look bad on the main board.

A lot of speculation in your post. Not to mention how much your stance and point has changed. I've been on those bus trips. Yet I'm a UTEP season ticket holder. Many on the bus were wearing Miner gear. Many were UTEP season ticket holders as well. You don't have to choose between the two.

Some do. Many in El Paso cannot afford both.
09-25-2015 05:17 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

(09-25-2015 05:17 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 11:31 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Sorry if the truth hurts but there are way more cowboy fans in El Paso than Utep fans. It's just a fact.

Many can and do.
09-25-2015 06:05 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-25-2015 06:05 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 11:56 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  Typical Fitbud. Your point changes once you get called out. The Dallas Cowboys are very popular in El Paso. We know that. You don't have to choose between the Cowboys and the Miners though. Most sports fans have a favorite pro team.

Many can and do.

Many more can't and won't.
09-27-2015 11:45 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

(09-27-2015 11:45 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-25-2015 06:05 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(09-24-2015 11:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Lots of football fans in El Paso have to choose between the Cowboys and the Miners. When it comes to spending a couple of hundred bucks on one Cowboy game or UTEP season tickets, unfortunately, many choose the one Cowboy game. My friends family owns one of the Bus services that takes fans to every Cowboy game and they typically sell out one or two buses.

Many can and do.

Many more can't and won't.

Can you prove or source that statement?
09-27-2015 02:50 PM
shyminer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP MINERS
(09-22-2015 11:31 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Sorry if the truth hurts but there are way more cowboy fans in El Paso than Utep fans. It's just a fact.

You make it seem like El Paso is super poor... Far from the truth, reality is many just choose to NOT go... A night out drinking cost similar to a season ticket... Not everyone want to watch football... especially when the Miners are not doing so hot...
09-27-2015 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.