Open TigerLinks

Celebrate Hobbit Day (Belated)
Bookmark and Share
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Celebrate Hobbit Day (Belated)
Yesterday was Hobbit Day and to celebrate I present the below 32 quotes from beloved author J.R.R. Tolkien:

http://www.skipprichard.com/32-tolkien-q...adventure/

Here a few I like in particular:

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are evil."

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places. But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.”
09-23-2015 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
RE: Celebrate Hobbit Day (Belated)
(09-23-2015 07:53 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Yesterday was Hobbit Day and to celebrate I present the below 32 quotes from beloved author J.R.R. Tolkien:

http://www.skipprichard.com/32-tolkien-q...adventure/

Here a few I like in particular:

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are evil."

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places. But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.”

I thought about posting something but figured there weren't many LOTRites here.
09-23-2015 09:55 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
09-23-2015 10:36 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
Since we're gonna do this, the following is my favorite passage of them all:

“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
"Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a **** crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.
And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.”
09-23-2015 10:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.