Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VU Robertson torn PCL in right knee
Bookmark and Share
5000DOLLARBILL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
tweets saying out indefinitely - wow.

that really stinks -- hate to see it happen to anyone, was really looking forward to that game.

so, does that mean after SMU are two toughest games will now against mythical creatures in the griffins and the seawolves? ru and ud haven't looked too good this season.
09-23-2015 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: VU Robertson torn PCL in right knee
By the look of the number two QB, along with their HC and his ability to prepare a team, we will have plenty to overcome without Robertson.
09-23-2015 08:23 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

Agree, I would not take VU lightly.
09-23-2015 08:27 AM
DBJMU2006 Offline
1st String

That's awful.
09-23-2015 08:30 AM
HotHamandCheese84 Offline
Special Teams

Villanova is never out of anything. The toughest game may be Stony Brook. Waste Management does not scare me as much but they are usually good. We will win in Williamsburg this year by 17. They can't sit us from scoring.
09-23-2015 08:36 AM
PurpleStreamers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(09-23-2015 08:36 AM)HotHamandCheese84 Wrote:  Villanova is never out of anything. The toughest game may be Stony Brook. Waste Management does not scare me as much but they are usually good. We will win in Williamsburg this year by 17. They can't sit us from scoring.

I agree Stony Brook looks like it might be the toughest. And it will be extra challenging off this SMU trip. Got to get one of these next two. Also think they said 8 weeks on Robertson so it's not out of the question he'll be back in some capacity come playoff time. Definitely can't count VU out of anything with Talley running the show.
09-23-2015 08:39 AM
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(09-23-2015 08:20 AM)5000DOLLARBILL Wrote:  tweets saying out indefinitely - wow.

that really stinks -- hate to see it happen to anyone, was really looking forward to that game.

so, does that mean after SMU are two toughest games will now against mythical creatures in the griffins and the seawolves? ru and ud haven't looked too good this season.

ParentofJMUMRDs & Potomac yesterday:
http://csnbbs.com/thread-749588-post-124...id12406113
09-23-2015 09:47 AM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Besides Elon, and maybe Towson, the rest of our schedule will be tough with no easy wins.
09-23-2015 12:13 PM
Madison 91 Forever Offline
1st String

Well, maybe we'll win a conference championship in this, our last competitive year of intercollegiate athletics.
09-23-2015 12:46 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
That backup RS freshman (I think that's right, not looking) was no joke though.

They kept saying he's not a threat to run, it wrecks the option O Roberson was so good at etc etc.

He then rips off the GWing run of about 15 or so yards, weaving his way through the D, basically untouched.

haha, so much for that theory.
09-23-2015 12:53 PM
DoubleDogDare Online
All American

Zach Bednarczyk did great with limited preparation. It is clearly a step down as Roberston is one of the best players JMU has ever faced but he will have a handful of games under his belt by the time we face Nova. I imagine our game will still be very competitive.
09-23-2015 01:34 PM
Advertisement

5000DOLLARBILL Offline
Special Teams

(09-23-2015 09:47 AM)BDKJMU Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 08:20 AM)5000DOLLARBILL Wrote:  tweets saying out indefinitely - wow.

ParentofJMUMRDs & Potomac yesterday:
http://csnbbs.com/thread-749588-post-124...id12406113

i am deeply sorry, i may have to take a step back from posting after this mishap. will everyone please forgive me?
09-23-2015 03:16 PM
BSKB 24 Online
All American

You hear about a lot of ACL (Anterior Cruciate) injuries, but don't often hear about PCL (Posterior Cruciate) injuries. It is not a good injury to have. Here is a crip notes thingy on the injury:

The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is the strongest ligament in the knee. It extends from the top-rear surface of the tibia (bone between the knee and ankle) to the bottom-front surface of the femur (bone that extends from the pelvis to the knee).

The ligament prevents the knee joint from posterior instability. This means it prevents the tibia from moving too much and going behind the femur.

The PCL is usually injured by overextending the knee (hyperextension). This can happen if you land awkwardly after jumping. The PCL can also become injured from a direct blow to the flexed knee, such as smashing your knee in a car accident (called "dashboard injury") or falling hard on a bent knee.

Most PCL injuries occur with other ligament injuries and severe knee trauma. Often the knee is dislocated and the nerves and blood vessels are injured. If you suspect PCL injury, it is important to be seen by a doctor right away.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 05:33 AM by BSKB 24.)
09-23-2015 05:09 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

That is a shame. He is an outstanding FCS QB with equally potent skill at running and passing the ball.
I was looking forward to him going up against the Dukes in November.
09-23-2015 09:47 PM
HotHamandCheese84 Offline
Special Teams

He will hopefully be back by our game in November but if not, I hope he plays in the NFL. He's a wonderful young man and a flat out stud player for 4 years.
09-24-2015 05:31 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Some family of Robertson stopped by our tailgate in P-Lot back in his first year playing. Good people and clearly he is a fantastic player. Any team would kill to have him.
09-24-2015 05:47 AM
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

Remember according to MM it came down to JMU and VU and he picked VU because they were going to Big East football.

If he had come to JMU in 2012 as a true Fr he is either starting over Thorpe (remember he started at VU as a true Fr and won the Rice award for national fr of year) or takes over during JT's 5 game suspension instead of Jace Edwards. Instead of 7-4 and no playoffs JMU doesn't lose to Maine in OT and Oduh by 3 like did during JTs suspension. Also beats VU. Finishes 10-1, seed.

2013 think would have done several games better than 6-6, maybe 9-3 or 10-2, made playoffs.

MM wouldn't have been fired...So I'm sure a lot on here would say well then thank goodness he didn't come to JMU
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 05:41 PM by BDKJMU.)
09-24-2015 05:41 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(09-24-2015 05:41 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  Remember according to MM it came down to JMU and VU and he picked VU because they were going to Big East football.

If he had come to JMU in 2012 as a true Fr he is either starting over Thorpe (remember he started at VU as a true Fr and won the Rice award for national fr of year) or takes over during JT's 5 game suspension instead of Jace Edwards. Instead of 7-4 and no playoffs JMU doesn't lose to Maine in OT and Oduh by 3 like did during JTs suspension. Also beats VU. Finishes 10-1, seed.

2013 think would have done several games better than 6-6, maybe 9-3 or 10-2, made playoffs.

MM wouldn't have been fired...So I'm sure a lot on here would say well then thank goodness he didn't come to JMU

Correction-was a rFr in 2012 when he won the Rice, so don't know if he can get a medical redshirt..
09-25-2015 06:45 PM
5000DOLLARBILL Offline
Special Teams

(09-23-2015 08:23 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  By the look of the number two QB, along with their HC and his ability to prepare a team, we will have plenty to overcome without Robertson.

So, based on penn over Villanova...is w&m our toughest game left on schedule?
09-29-2015 09:53 PM
PurpleStreamers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(09-29-2015 09:53 PM)5000DOLLARBILL Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 08:23 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  By the look of the number two QB, along with their HC and his ability to prepare a team, we will have plenty to overcome without Robertson.

So, based on penn over Villanova...is w&m our toughest game left on schedule?

Certainly looks that way at the moment, but that's been changing every week. I would've said SB was right up there before the goose egg they put against the Nerds. VU may have Robertson back by our game too and Richmond hasn't done anything horrible to cause them to be written off yet either. But yes, W&M looks like the real thing - very '04-esque I might add.
09-29-2015 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.