Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis game.
Bookmark and Share
DuaneNorman Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati
Memphis game.
Cincinnati is the lord and master of the football field. Tonight the only thing I'm thinking about it Memphis. Yes, Memphis. Oh, Memphis. You are about to experience a hurricane. You are about to experience pain. After Cincinnati takes you, and crushes you, and breaks you in half, there will be nothing left of you.

Cincinnati is about to stand. Cincinnati will rise. And when this week is over, Memphis will be destroyed.

The road to the championship runs through Cincinnati. Cincinnati.

09-22-2015 10:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brian_Johnson Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Memphis game.
I'M FIRED UP NOW!!! 04-rock

Magnificent post Duane 04-bow

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 06:27 AM by Brian_Johnson.)
09-23-2015 06:27 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(09-22-2015 10:32 PM)DuaneNorman Wrote:  Cincinnati is the lord and master of the football field. Tonight the only thing I'm thinking about it Memphis. Yes, Memphis. Oh, Memphis. You are about to experience a hurricane. You are about to experience pain. After Cincinnati takes you, and crushes you, and breaks you in half, there will be nothing left of you.

Cincinnati is about to stand. Cincinnati will rise. And when this week is over, Memphis will be destroyed.

You have two choices. To lose by 15 by starting Kiel...or by 25 by not starting Kiel.
Try the bar-b-que at "The Bar-B-Que Shop" on Madison Avenue in Memphis. The Rendevous is overrated.
Good luck to you folks the rest of the year...just not Thursday night.

09-23-2015 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(09-23-2015 09:37 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Try the bar-b-que at "The Bar-B-Que Shop" on Madison Avenue in Memphis. The Rendevous is overrated.

Did this on my trip to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl. It did not disappoint.

09-23-2015 10:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(09-23-2015 10:40 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 09:37 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Try the bar-b-que at "The Bar-B-Que Shop" on Madison Avenue in Memphis. The Rendevous is overrated.

admission..I used to work there in the 90's. I'v always felt they were underrated in Memphis. They make their own Bar-B-Que sauce which can be found at
http://dancingpigs.com/products.asp

I love their hot bbq sauce. Good stuff.

09-23-2015 10:50 AM
Brian_Johnson Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
What do you think of Central? I went to that one, which is right about next to the stadium, following the LB in 2012.

09-23-2015 11:45 AM
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
UM 38
UC 28

09-23-2015 01:29 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
(09-23-2015 10:50 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 10:40 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

admission..I used to work there in the 90's. I'v always felt they were underrated in Memphis. They make their own Bar-B-Que sauce which can be found at
http://dancingpigs.com/products.asp

I love their hot bbq sauce. Good stuff.

EarthBound, I will try that place on my next trip to Memphis.

In the past, I have liked Corky's very much.

09-23-2015 01:49 PM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
Skip Neely's Interstate BBQ as it isn't even as good as City BBQ in Cincy. They used to be on Food Network.

09-23-2015 01:50 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Ugh. City BBQ does not count as real BBQ.

09-23-2015 02:07 PM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
(09-23-2015 02:07 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Ugh. City BBQ does not count as real BBQ.

My point exactly and Interstate is in the same league IMHO.

09-23-2015 02:14 PM
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Corky's BBQ
5259 Poplar Ave Memphis, TN 38119
901-685-9744 Menu

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
6980 Winchester Rd Memphis, TN 38115
901-365-2650

Central BBQ
2249 Central Ave Memphis, TN 38104
901-272-9377

Neely's Interstate Bar-B-Que Restaurant
670 Jefferson Ave Memphis, TN 38105
901-521-9798

A & R Bar-B-Q
1802 Elvis Presley Blvd Memphis, TN 38106
901-774-7444

Blue's City Cafe BBQ
138 Beale St Memphis, TN 38103
901-526-3637

Leonards Pit Barbecue
5465 Fox Plaza Dr Memphis, TN 38115
901-360-1963

Tops Bar-B-Q Number 5
3023 Thomas St Memphis, TN 38127
901-353-0337

Rendezvous BBQ Restaurant
52 S 2nd St Memphis, TN 38103
901-523-2746

Toms BBQ and Deli Restaurant
4087 New Getwell Rd Memphis, TN
(901) 365-6690

For a top 30 BBQ Joint list in Memphis Go here:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g...essee.html

Bryants is a great breakfast joint. You go for the food not the decor.

I would avoid One and Only BBQ. Corky's, Central, Neely's, BBQ Shop are all great. Many very good ones so what every floats your boat.

Rendezvous is famous and across from the Peadbody but not my favorite. Dry ribs is their specialty.

09-23-2015 02:44 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(09-23-2015 01:50 PM)dossbig Wrote:  Skip Neely's Interstate BBQ as it isn't even as good as City BBQ in Cincy. They used to be on Food Network.

Yea. they actually closed up for a while. Fame cost them some quality BBQ and their marriage. Word is they are back to old form now but it is a long way from the Liberty Bowl so there is a lot of good places close by, including Central just West of the stadium, one downtown behind the Civil Rights Museum and one on Summer Avenue.

corky's and Central do some really good Catfish and the BBQ Nachoes are great. Get the homemade BBQ chips for the full experience. for teh sauce you can make it as hot as you can take it.

Memphis Pizza makes a mean BBQ Pizza

09-23-2015 02:50 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Leonard's Pit Barbecue
Not necessarily close to Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium (8.9 miles) it has one heckuva lunch buffet!

Entrees vary day to day.

menu

09-23-2015 03:37 PM
digibrink Offline
2nd String

(09-23-2015 09:37 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 10:32 PM)DuaneNorman Wrote:  Cincinnati is the lord and master of the football field. Tonight the only thing I'm thinking about it Memphis. Yes, Memphis. Oh, Memphis. You are about to experience a hurricane. You are about to experience pain. After Cincinnati takes you, and crushes you, and breaks you in half, there will be nothing left of you.

You have two choices. To lose by 15 by starting Kiel...or by 25 by not starting Kiel.
Try the bar-b-que at "The Bar-B-Que Shop" on Madison Avenue in Memphis. The Rendevous is overrated.

Can't overlook the difference between a Jr and a Redshirt Fr but Kiel looked awful before he got hurt against Miami. He was overthrowing guys and missing passes (as well as forcing throws into WRs that aren't open, which seems to be a trend) just as often as Moore was, except he can't really claim nerves as the reason why.

From what Tubberville has said, he seems likes Moore's skillset over Kiel's, but will likely play the upperclassman if he's healthy.

I was expecting Kiel to come out this year and look like a 1st round draft pick, instead he looks like one of the worst QBs we've had in the last decade in terms of decision making.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 03:43 PM by digibrink.)
09-23-2015 03:42 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(09-23-2015 03:42 PM)digibrink Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 09:37 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  

Can't overlook the difference between a Jr and a Redshirt Fr but Kiel looked awful before he got hurt against Miami. He was overthrowing guys and missing passes (as well as forcing throws into WRs that aren't open, which seems to be a trend) just as often as Moore was, except he can't really claim nerves as the reason why.

From what Tubberville has said, he seems likes Moore's skillset over Kiel's, but will likely play the upperclassman if he's healthy.

I was expecting Kiel to come out this year and look like a 1st round draft pick, instead he looks like one of the worst QBs we've had in the last decade in terms of decision making.

Awful is a pretty strong word. Sometimes receivers run bad routes. McKay DNP, Shaq left the game. Worst in ten years? People on this forum called Pike and Grutza non BCS worthy, whatever that means. Munchie had some of the worst games I have seen in the past 10 years.

09-23-2015 04:15 PM
Advertisement

Bearcatbdub Online
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Kiel is not a finished product, but he's also not
Going to throw a td pass every series. There's a lot of hype surrounding him. And defenses are scheming to stop him. I think our offense is pretty damn good, the numbers would agree. Yeah turnovers are an issue, but it can be remedied.

09-23-2015 05:27 PM
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-23-2015 02:50 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 01:50 PM)dossbig Wrote:  Skip Neely's Interstate BBQ as it isn't even as good as City BBQ in Cincy. They used to be on Food Network.

Yea. they actually closed up for a while. Fame cost them some quality BBQ and their marriage. Word is they are back to old form now but it is a long way from the Liberty Bowl so there is a lot of good places close by, including Central just West of the stadium, one downtown behind the Civil Rights Museum and one on Summer Avenue.

corky's and Central do some really good Catfish and the BBQ Nachoes are great. Get the homemade BBQ chips for the full experience. for teh sauce you can make it as hot as you can take it.

Memphis Pizza makes a mean BBQ Pizza

Pat Neely was on food network and had several Neelys BBQ restaurants that closed. Jim Neely has Interstate on 3rd and also Stateline as well as the Airport. All still open, and make a mean BBQ Bologna or a hot link. Dry ribs aren't bad. Honestly for a weekday lunch you can't beat Leonard's.

09-23-2015 07:38 PM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
Downside for Memphis is that we usually get our sh!t together right about now

09-23-2015 07:41 PM
Bearcat85 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Re: RE: Memphis game.
(09-23-2015 07:41 PM)Eastside_J Wrote:  Downside for Memphis is that we usually get our sh!t together right about now

Uh, wasn't Memphis also game 4 last year? That didn't go well. ( or was it game 5, after playing in Miami?). Either way, we may be a week or two away from getting our stuff together.

09-23-2015 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.