Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU Defense must prepare for 2 QB's and 2 offensive schemes
Bookmark and Share
BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
https://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll...ete_for_qb

Addazio said he would consider using both quarterbacks against the Huskies (2-1) depending on game situations. Addazio would prefer to avoid platooning but will have package plans in place that match each quarterback’s skill set.

“If I were to go that way I would do it less on who has the hot hand and more as packaging,” the coach said. “There would be a package plan for a guy that has a certain skill set and a different package plan there.

“If I were to go that route, it wouldn’t be let’s just roll that out there. If I play two guys we are going to have a plan for why we did it and we are going to go about it. It would be defined and we are going to have a plan for that.”

Flutie, the nephew of 1984 Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie, is an effective roll-out passer who has appeared in three games this season, completing 8-of-10 passes for 97 yards and a touchdown.

Smith is a read-option quarterback who has rushed for 97 yards and three touchdowns in two games.
09-22-2015 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mark26pt2 Offline
Special Teams

RE: NIU Defense must prepare for 2 QB's and 2 offensive schemes
But since both have very limited experience - NIU should be able to devise some schemes that will confuse the young QBs. If we can hold them on 1st and 2nd down running playes I think we will get some INTs
09-22-2015 03:58 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Blitz the hell out of them both
09-22-2015 04:01 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(09-22-2015 04:01 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  Blitz the hell out of them both

Agreed, but that will never happen.
09-22-2015 05:45 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(09-22-2015 05:45 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Seems our blitzes are rarely successful anyway....
09-22-2015 05:57 PM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(09-22-2015 05:57 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(09-22-2015 05:45 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Seems our blitzes are rarely successful anyway

Basically sacked Barrett. He threw it away on the way down. I thought he might have that one picked too.
09-22-2015 07:12 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
BC is currently ranked #1 in total defense but 109th in total offense. If you look at turnover margin NIU is tied for 8th and BC is tied for 50th. To me the game will come down to turnovers. If NIU can force a few like last week and cash in, BC will have a very difficult time hanging in as they aren't built for a shootout. Especially with inexperience at QB.
09-22-2015 07:16 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
It would seem to me that defending vs a read option QB is not much different than defending against a roll out QB. I am drawing from my years of experience in watching football on TV.
09-22-2015 08:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enaiu Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(09-22-2015 07:16 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  BC is currently ranked #1 in total defense but 109th in total offense. If you look at turnover margin NIU is tied for 8th and BC is tied for 50th. To me the game will come down to turnovers. If NIU can force a few like last week and cash in, BC will have a very difficult time hanging in as they aren't built for a shootout. Especially with inexperience at QB.

How are they 109th in total offense? They have a total of 100 points in their last three games? Is the metric you're looking at not consider FCS games? I would expect them to be in the upper 30s - considering their opponents. If it's going soley off of the FSU game, that makes sense, but also isn't a fair judgement of their O.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 09:04 PM by Enaiu.)
09-22-2015 09:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.