Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice Volleyball vs UTSA POSTPONED
dragon2owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: RICE
Rice Volleyball vs UTSA POSTPONED
Key match for conference play is postponed.

Quote:Due to a majority of the Rice Owls’ volleyball team coming down with a stomach virus, tonight’s Conference USA volleyball match versus UTSA originally scheduled for 6 p.m. will be rescheduled for a later date yet to be determined.

The Owls are still scheduled to host a pair of matches this weekend, beginning Friday, Sept. 25 against FIU (6 p.m.), followed by a Sunday afternoon match at 1 p.m. versus Florida Atlantic.
http://www.riceowls.com/sports/w-volley/...15aaa.html
09-22-2015 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: Rice Volleyball vs UTSA POSTPONED
That sounds horrible. I wish them all a speedy recovery, which they will need with 2 conference matches this weekend.

I'm a little surprised UTSA agreed to the postponement, or is there a conference rule about such situations. I sure UTSA didn't want to come here and risk catching the bug.

Get well soon ladies!
09-22-2015 03:46 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
UTSA obviously saw footage of Phillip Gaines playing tough against the Texans and knew that Rice OWLS were the real deal, and made the decision on what was best for them, contagion or not.
09-22-2015 03:57 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Very nice of UTSA to agree to the postponement. I don't know if they were in town already but if they were, that's even a bigger concession on their part.

Where did the ladies eat in Waco last weekend? We probably should avoid that place this weekend.
09-22-2015 04:20 PM
dragon2owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: RICE
Wonder if this was the reason Madison didn't play this weekend?
09-22-2015 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.