Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jayrone Elliot
Bookmark and Share
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
Jayrone Elliot
Jayrone just had an interception when the Pack was up 7 with a few minutes to play and then just forced a fumble to end the game in the last few seconds!

Then walking on the field he yelled into the camera "Toledo 2-0, Go Rockets!"

Nice!!
09-20-2015 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Henry Burlingame Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Jayrone Elliot
I just posted the same thing under another thread. I heard it as "Go Toledo" but I could be mistaken. Great shout out.
09-20-2015 11:00 PM
Henry Burlingame Offline
Special Teams

(09-20-2015 11:00 PM)Henry Burlingame Wrote:  I just posted the same thing under another thread. I heard it as "Go Toledo" but I could be mistaken. Great shout out.

In the postgame interview Jayrone gave Toledo more props.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 11:01 PM by Henry Burlingame.)
09-20-2015 11:00 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

Also got a game ball, and brought up again that we were 2-0 with some upsets
09-20-2015 11:01 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
That was cool...awesome seeing him give the Rockets some love.
09-20-2015 11:01 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

09-20-2015 11:02 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Ahhh so proud to be a Packers and Rockets fan!!
09-20-2015 11:08 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
jayrone has his breakout game for the pack, becoming now both a special teams ace and rotating with clay matthews and julius peppers at rush end/lb. mac steps up for packers as buffalo's james starks came in for an injured eddie lacy and had a big running day in addition to elliot's game clinching defensive plays
09-21-2015 01:39 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Video of Jayrone's highlights: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092013...tab=videos

Nice 1 handed catch. He have any eligibility left to play receiver?
Great to see him making plays for the pack.
09-21-2015 07:02 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

packers.com story: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/a...1c706b4ef9

Quote:Elliott joked that he learned to catch one-handed by doing a lot of ball drills in college at Toledo, and by working on the JUGS machine one-handed last year while trying to protect a banged-up finger.
09-21-2015 07:08 AM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

Jayrone should be our NFL lead dog for all of the Rockets in the NFL. We are gaining numbers in the League. Perhaps he leads them in our NFL Alumni Association? Great example of a grateful and deserving Rocket. Go Jayrone!
09-21-2015 07:43 AM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Great to hear him give a shoutout to the Rockets. I'm really happy for him, he seems like a great person. He had a monster game. Does Barry Church ever give his alma mater this much love? Wasn't there an article awhile back about Church and something negative about Toledo?
09-21-2015 09:28 AM
42 of Blue Crew Offline
Special Teams

(09-21-2015 09:28 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Great to hear him give a shoutout to the Rockets. I'm really happy for him, he seems like a great person. He had a monster game. Does Barry Church ever give his alma mater this much love? Wasn't there an article awhile back about Church and something negative about Toledo?

I know Church made it back to guest coach the spring game one year.
09-21-2015 11:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigBigRocketFan Offline
Special Teams

09-21-2015 11:56 AM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Never heard a peep out of Chester Taylor after he graduated...
09-21-2015 12:22 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
09-21-2015 12:28 PM
Advertisement

TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2015 12:22 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Never heard a peep out of Chester Taylor after he graduated...

As we all know, UT sorely lacks in connecting with the community, building upon momentum from big wins, etc. It's no different in regard to the way they communicate with ex Football alumni. The 25 yr. reunion that I was fortunate enough to be a part of was organized by a teammate of mine. It wasn't the Athletic Department, Football office, etc. Im not upset about that and I don't expect Coach Campbell or any of the other coaches to be focussed on anything but W's, recruiting and keeping guys out of trouble. With that being said, I heard over and over this weekend from teammates about how they wanted to be involved, knew about golf tourneys, etc. The communication is terrible...which keeps players from staying connected. This falls on the Ath Dept & Director of Football operations in my opinion. How difficult is it in this day and age to build a database of FB alumni? Our 1990 group is taking it upon ourselves to build it ourselves and keep each other updated on FB events, fundraisers, etc. We discussed getting the group together at least 1x a year for a game at the Glass Bowl. For whatever reason, they don't seem to have a clue about the bond most of us have with UT & the FB program. Keeping us, along with all the teams past & present involved is so important. Each and every member of that 1990 team was blown away by the facilities (We were the 1st to play in the renovated GB and to locker in Larimer). A few of my teammates donated to the renovation and have rooms inside Larimer named after them...think of how many others would give back if they felt connected to UT and part of the program. I'll close my little rant with this...an extremely close friend and teammate of mine donated a pretty sizable amount of money to have a scholarship set up in his name for a deserving FB player who had a learning disability. I think it is going on 2 years since the development of the scholarship...he has yet to hear from anyone associated with the FB program...no one! Although, he has received calls from the Ath Dept asking for additional donations. It's crazy...he'd be inclined to give more if he had been acknowledged. He isn't looking for publicity or anything...just a thank you from someone associated with the team he played for years ago. That doesn't seem like much to ask, does it?

One other thing...why they hell do they not let former players have sideline access during the games? I know things get hectic on the sideline...but once we got introduced during the 2nd media TO, the freaking security guys were basically like...get to your seats, see ya! Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it, but we freaking played there. We know to stay out of the way...know how to handle ourselves if a play is coming in our direction, etc. I understand not wanting too many people down there, but they really need to look at ex players as additional recruiting tools, donors, etc...
09-21-2015 01:41 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(09-21-2015 01:41 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  
(09-21-2015 12:22 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Never heard a peep out of Chester Taylor after he graduated...

As we all know, UT sorely lacks in connecting with the community, building upon momentum from big wins, etc. It's no different in regard to the way they communicate with ex Football alumni. The 25 yr. reunion that I was fortunate enough to be a part of was organized by a teammate of mine. It wasn't the Athletic Department, Football office, etc. Im not upset about that and I don't expect Coach Campbell or any of the other coaches to be focussed on anything but W's, recruiting and keeping guys out of trouble. With that being said, I heard over and over this weekend from teammates about how they wanted to be involved, knew about golf tourneys, etc. The communication is terrible...which keeps players from staying connected. This falls on the Ath Dept & Director of Football operations in my opinion. How difficult is it in this day and age to build a database of FB alumni? Our 1990 group is taking it upon ourselves to build it ourselves and keep each other updated on FB events, fundraisers, etc. We discussed getting the group together at least 1x a year for a game at the Glass Bowl. For whatever reason, they don't seem to have a clue about the bond most of us have with UT & the FB program. Keeping us, along with all the teams past & present involved is so important. Each and every member of that 1990 team was blown away by the facilities (We were the 1st to play in the renovated GB and to locker in Larimer). A few of my teammates donated to the renovation and have rooms inside Larimer named after them...think of how many others would give back if they felt connected to UT and part of the program. I'll close my little rant with this...an extremely close friend and teammate of mine donated a pretty sizable amount of money to have a scholarship set up in his name for a deserving FB player who had a learning disability. I think it is going on 2 years since the development of the scholarship...he has yet to hear from anyone associated with the FB program...no one! Although, he has received calls from the Ath Dept asking for additional donations. It's crazy...he'd be inclined to give more if he had been acknowledged. He isn't looking for publicity or anything...just a thank you from someone associated with the team he played for years ago. That doesn't seem like much to ask, does it?

One other thing...why they hell do they not let former players have sideline access during the games? I know things get hectic on the sideline...but once we got introduced during the 2nd media TO, the freaking security guys were basically like...get to your seats, see ya! Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it, but we freaking played there. We know to stay out of the way...know how to handle ourselves if a play is coming in our direction, etc. I understand not wanting too many people down there, but they really need to look at ex players as additional recruiting tools, donors, etc...

Man, this is something that needs to be rectified by MOB and the powers that be ASAP... The last thing Toledo needs to do is alienate ex-players like yourself from the program, whether they played 50, 25, or 5 years ago... Like You said, communication, and a bit of gratitude would go a long way...
09-21-2015 02:02 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-21-2015 01:41 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  I'll close my little rant with this...an extremely close friend and teammate of mine donated a pretty sizable amount of money to have a scholarship set up in his name for a deserving FB player who had a learning disability. I think it is going on 2 years since the development of the scholarship...he has yet to hear from anyone associated with the FB program...no one! Although, he has received calls from the Ath Dept asking for additional donations. It's crazy...he'd be inclined to give more if he had been acknowledged. He isn't looking for publicity or anything...just a thank you from someone associated with the team he played for years ago. That doesn't seem like much to ask, does it?

Wow that's not good at all. I'll tell you that's not my experience in other parts of the University. I started a small scholarship fund in engineering a few years back (I don't like to talk about it, but need to mention it to share my story). I get thank you letters/ birthday cards/ Christmas cards from the Dean and sometimes the president, and get invited to all kinds of gatherings, most of which I can't attend, unfortunately. The gifts officer even drove out to Cleveland once to have lunch and talk about the things they are doing. I've always felt I've gotten treated better than the amount of my donations warranted.

If the athletic department is not doing something similar for those making significant contributions, then something is seriously wrong. I'd certainly let someone in the athletic department and the UT Foundation office know that they aren't performing up to par.
09-21-2015 04:31 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Ex players used to be on the sidelines all the time.
09-21-2015 04:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.