ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please i am not a hater of old ppl
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
but they are killing the atmosphere at the game esp in sec 103. I was told by couple of old people told me ease up and sit down. I moved to a different seat since its not taken against the wall on the last darn seat in the stadium next to the cameraman and even there i faced the same situation. This is not directed at all the old people but some of them who should effing watch the game at home on a television set and let young people fill the stadium. I faced this previously but yesterday it was frustrating.
09-20-2015 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUi Offline
1st String

RE: Please i am not a hater of old ppl
Funny... I've heard the same thing from the "Younger" crowd in section 103. That and they have to go pee a lot.
09-20-2015 02:32 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
Hold on there about old people.

Hehe I was in 119 last night. Our area was rocking; including some at least as old as I am (60) and older. Young People were rockin' as well. Some kids in back of me even had confetti streamers!
As we were leaving, I remarked to odu83alumni that I was not disappointed in our effort even though we lost.
An older gentleman (I suspect older even than I) who was walking behind us remarked "Well I am disappointed. The f&^^&*() crowd wasn't into this game like it should have been." I replied that our area was loud and rocking! He said "Yeah, I was behind you, and you were the only group acting like it gave a f*&^%$# sh*&."

Some of us older folk love to participate.

04-rock
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 03:16 PM by ODUalum78.)
09-20-2015 02:37 PM
bit_9 Offline

Ours, 102, would have been pretty dead if not for a few of us. Each time I turned around everyone was just blah.

One time I said "8000 people around me and I can hear myself" in my regular voice and people a few rows back laughed. They had the ball at mid field too. The fans in front of us visiting from Florida state called us wine and cheese.

I think with the stadium expansion that will sort itself out as we can start getting more students and fans that aren't there as an investment in light entertainment. You can't be so mad everyone is paying good money and actually showing up. So I vent here but it is what it is and will get better over time.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
09-20-2015 03:06 PM
odu83alumni Offline
All American

I Root For: odu
(09-20-2015 02:37 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  Hold on there about old people.

Hehe I was in 119 last night. Our area was rocking; including some at least as old as I am (60) and older. Young People were rockin' as well. Some kids in back of me even had confetti streamers!
As we were leaving, I remarked to odu83alumni that I was not disappointed in our effort even though we lost.
An older gentleman (I suspect older even than I) who was walking behind us remarked "Well I am disappointed. The f&^^&*() crowd wasn't into this game like it should have been." I replied that our area was loud and rocking! He said "Yeah, I was behind you, and you were the only group acting like it gave a f*&^%$# sh*&."

04-rock

Sorry I can't set on my ass and watch an ODU game especially when our coach staff has asked us to step it up. 78 and I and a good group around us gave it the all and I enjoyed doing it. If we have a really older group of fans and they want to like just hang out mabey there should be an area set aside for the " Laid Back" 12th Monarchs. We are not playing intramurals anymore. This is Division 1 football, Conference USA with a bowl eligible team.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 03:40 PM by odu83alumni.)
09-20-2015 03:40 PM
gramcraka92 Offline
Bench Warmer

04-rock
That was us with the streamers haha
09-20-2015 03:59 PM
Advertisement

Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

Well, this is their dominion ...
09-20-2015 04:02 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(09-20-2015 03:59 PM)gramcraka92 Wrote:  

04-rock
Two girls, one with a a pink solar charging (right) phone, and two guys. That was you??
At least I didn't say the bad word!
Nice people.
04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 04:34 PM by ODUalum78.)
09-20-2015 04:16 PM
jmadz_01 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Old Dominion U
We were doing our best in sec. 117. Most fans around us were loud. The ones that didn't participate were having fun watching my son, his friend and me acting like lunatics on 3rd down. Thanks (if you're reading) for letting a 7 & 8 yr old burn off some steam!
09-20-2015 04:21 PM
gramcraka92 Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-20-2015 04:16 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

04-rock
Two girls, one with a a pink solar charging (right) phone, and two guys. That was you??
Nice people.
04-cheers

Yup an orange solar charger, and you guys were nice too. Very kind and knowledgeable
09-20-2015 04:45 PM
ODU True Blue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-20-2015 03:06 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  Ours, 102, would have been pretty dead if not for a few of us. Each time I turned around everyone was just blah.

One time I said "8000 people around me and I can hear myself" in my regular voice and people a few rows back laughed. They had the ball at mid field too. The fans in front of us visiting from Florida state called us wine and cheese.

I think with the stadium expansion that will sort itself out as we can start getting more students and fans that aren't there as an investment in light entertainment. You can't be so mad everyone is paying good money and actually showing up. So I vent here but it is what it is and will get better over time.

I sit a few rows in front of you and heard that. I cracked up.

To the original poster. In both games so far the younger fans are quieter than the older ones around me.

Also I think a huge percentage of the fans in the lower half of the section are family members of the band. The only time many of them stood up was to watch and film the band! Jeez
09-20-2015 05:00 PM
Advertisement

ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I am 69, I am down low in 103, I am hoarse from yelling, I was standing on every third down, and no one told me to sit down. When we scored, I got high fives from the folks behind me. So don't knock all the old folks in 103.
09-20-2015 05:14 PM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

I sit in 119 up high in RR. Me and the guy next to me were naking noise on D every 3rd and 4th down; and in general the stadium was pretty loud on such occassions.

There was a drunk guy, probably in his thirties, 2 rows behind me who kept doggin' Lawry, (as if his lack of ability to run yesterday was on him). At one point the guy yells out "Jesus ******* Christ" . Had that happened a second time I would have had him tossed out myself. No call for that kind of nonesense.
09-20-2015 05:48 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(09-20-2015 05:00 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 03:06 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  Ours, 102, would have been pretty dead if not for a few of us. Each time I turned around everyone was just blah.

I sit a few rows in front of you and heard that. I cracked up.

To the original poster. In both games so far the younger fans are quieter than the older ones around me.

Also I think a huge percentage of the fans in the lower half of the section are family members of the band. The only time many of them stood up was to watch and film the band! Jeez

TrueBlue, Like i said i have directed my post towards a few older folks not all of you and i myself saw some older gentleman celebrate with claps and a huge hurrah on a TD 04-cheers I saw some young folks remain in their seats and watch it like a tennis match too sad if you ask me but the saddest thing is certain youngins and middle aged folk like me being told by some people around us to calm down, sit and watch the game :smh: anyways i do think most of us folks on this board would love the monarch nation to be loud and proud
09-20-2015 05:49 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

04-rock

True dat and i have enjoyed the participation from some folks around me.04-cheers
09-20-2015 05:51 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(09-20-2015 05:14 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I am 69, I am down low in 103, I am hoarse from yelling, I was standing on every third down, and no one told me to sit down. When we scored, I got high fives from the folks behind me. So don't knock all the old folks in 103.

No Aggie not pointing at all of older folks. Like i said i am very happy to see some older fans celebrate when we held them on 3rd down and when we scored the TD's. I want the stadium and fans to look alive and i get there are somethings which older folks wont be able to do but they shouldn't be killing the buzz for fans who are being loud around them. 04-cheers
09-20-2015 06:01 PM
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(09-20-2015 05:48 PM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  I sit in 119 up high in RR. Me and the guy next to me were naking noise on D every 3rd and 4th down; and in general the stadium was pretty loud on such occassions.

There was a drunk guy, probably in his thirties, 2 rows behind me who kept doggin' Lawry, (as if his lack of ability to run yesterday was on him). At one point the guy yells out "Jesus ******* Christ" . Had that happened a second time I would have had him tossed out myself. No call for that kind of nonesense.

Glad that happened in 119 and not lower rows of 103 and 102 because that would look bad for the family members of the players watching the game. BTW i had the pleasure of meeting family of LaRussa, Tyler Fisher and Mewbourne and very nice folks all around. Glad i ran into them.
09-20-2015 06:04 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(09-20-2015 05:48 PM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  I sit in 119 up high in RR. Me and the guy next to me were naking noise on D every 3rd and 4th down; and in general the stadium was pretty loud on such occassions.

Please don't get naking!!! 04-cheers

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=naking
09-20-2015 06:24 PM
odu83alumni Offline
All American

I Root For: odu
(09-20-2015 04:45 PM)gramcraka92 Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 04:16 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

04-rock
Nice people.
04-cheers

Yup an orange solar charger, and you guys were nice too. Very kind and knowledgeable

It was a pleasure to set in that area with ya'll.
09-20-2015 06:40 PM
Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

117 TT and UU going crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-20-2015 06:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.