Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My two cents on the East so far
Bookmark and Share
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Seems to be a lot of talk about MTSU which is fine they have played well, but let's take a look and make some comparisons. MTSU is 2-1 with the 2 being the worst two schools on the schedule and the 1 being the best team on the schedule. The next 3 games will be huge for MTSU's season. If they can earn 3 wins it could be a special season, but IMO they will lose two of them and then play Marshall and LT after a break vs FIU. There is a chance they will be 3-5 after 8 games, but most likely will be 4-4. A lot of hype for a team that hasn't beaten a legit FBS school yet.

Moving on to WKU, this team is pretty good, but the loss of their RB has hurt them going forward. Great win over LT and an ugly win over a bad Vandy but would they have won these games without Allen, IMO the answer is no. Still the favorite to win the East if they don't slip up vs MTSU and Marshall. LSU will crush them, as expected but there is a good chance for 8-10 wins here.

Marshall has looked decent vs Purdue, bad vs Ohio, and good vs Norfolk St (but who wouldn't, oh yeah I guess ODU). Anyway with a QB controversy started this weekend it's hard to tell moving forward how this team will do. However there are no real tests until MTSU. Marshall should be 8-1 going into the last 3 games of the year. 9-3 (6-2) is a minimum record for the Herd. Pretty good for a "down" year.

FAU, not much to say here. Blew the Tulsa game, let Miami win too easy with all the turnovers, and I don't even know what happened at home vs Buffalo. This season is quickly swirling down the toilet. Bowl eligibility is gettin more and more unlikely.

FIU beat UCF and I was excited for them, and then UCF lost to Furman and I realized that FIU was still bad, but UCF was back to there MAC days (for those that don't know, they sucked). They could get to 6 wins, but they need to win against FAU or it might not happen.

ODU is kind of like MTSU. They have the same record, with two against the two worst teams on their schedule, but they struggled to win. If they reach 5 wins they should be proud. 6 is possible but wins over FIU and/or App St will be needed.

Lastly, not much to be said about Charlotte. Shouldn't win another game, but who knows, the Florida schools love to lose games they shouldn't. A lot of excitement by starting 2-0, but then reality set in last night, that most likely 2-10 is as good as it gets.

Division championship will be on Black Friday when Marshall goes to WKU. As of right now I don't see Marshall winning it, but 3 weeks ago I thought we would. Who knows maybe after the next 3 games things look a lot different.
09-20-2015 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: My two cents on the East so far
I don't know why people have problems with some of our fans.
09-20-2015 03:00 PM
PikePanther Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FIU
(09-20-2015 01:52 PM)MU42 Wrote:  If they can earn 3 wins it could be a special season, but IMO they will lose two of them and then play Marshall and LT after a break vs FIU.

MTSU lost to FIU last year, but okay...
09-20-2015 03:08 PM
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Delusional Marshall fan is delusional
09-20-2015 03:15 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
The game between MT and WKU is setting up to be a big one!
09-20-2015 03:20 PM
ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

Nothing to see here, folks... Just another MU42 thread.
09-20-2015 03:21 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Despite his lack of basic manners, this ODU fan hasn't much to quarrel about with regard to MU42's assessment of our season so far.

We're young. We'll get it figured out. It just may not happen this season.
09-20-2015 03:25 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(09-20-2015 03:20 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  The game between MT and WKU is setting up to be a big one!

Games between MT and WKU are always the "big one"! Whatever else happens it is still the best rivalry in CUSA and that is not disparaging the brethren. I hope all of our colleagues can match up as well. We have been fighting the "100 miles of Hate" for about 100 years!
09-20-2015 04:27 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

(09-20-2015 03:21 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  Nothing to see here, folks... Just another MU42 thread.

I really wish that I could meet everyone on this board every Saturday so we could all hold hands and sing kumbaya. But since that's unlikely I'll give you my honest opinion while usually wearing my kelly green tinted shades. That's how it goes. This is a message board, not a back patting club. I'm typically always an optimist when it comes to the Herd and I'll never sugarcoat anything about the opposing team. And I won't apologize for holding back on positives for FIU, FAU, Charlotte, and ODU fans until I think they can at least reach a bowl.

Get over yourselves Herd fans. If you want lick everyone's balls then go for it. I'll just keep telling it the way I see it. You better enjoy having a good program because there will come a day that we will not be as good anymore, and you better believe that all of these other CUSA fans will give us hell when it happens.
09-20-2015 05:56 PM
ODU2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(09-20-2015 03:00 PM)banker Wrote:  I don't know why people have problems with some of our fans.

Gave me a good laugh. MU42 is still bitter about birdsong.
09-20-2015 07:21 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

MU42, my issue is that the value of this board, to me, is being able to see third party opinions on the Herd. We have boards if I want to read about how great and/or horrible we are depending on the last play/game and get a homer view of the rest of the season.

Based on three weeks against very diverse schedules, the only thing anyone can tell about the east is that everyone is fairly inconsistent and that Charlotte is going to take their lumps. We have only had one game that really shows anything, that that was a cross divisional game.
09-20-2015 07:40 PM
Advertisement

CivilEng Offline
Special Teams

(09-20-2015 01:52 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Seems to be a lot of talk about MTSU which is fine they have played well, but let's take a look and make some comparisons. MTSU is 2-1 with the 2 being the worst two schools on the schedule and the 1 being the best team on the schedule. The next 3 games will be huge for MTSU's season. If they can earn 3 wins it could be a special season, but IMO they will lose two of them and then play Marshall and LT after a break vs FIU. There is a chance they will be 3-5 after 8 games, but most likely will be 4-4. A lot of hype for a team that hasn't beaten a legit FBS school yet.

Moving on to WKU, this team is pretty good, but the loss of their RB has hurt them going forward. Great win over LT and an ugly win over a bad Vandy but would they have won these games without Allen, IMO the answer is no. Still the favorite to win the East if they don't slip up vs MTSU and Marshall. LSU will crush them, as expected but there is a good chance for 8-10 wins here.

Marshall has looked decent vs Purdue, bad vs Ohio, and good vs Norfolk St (but who wouldn't, oh yeah I guess ODU). Anyway with a QB controversy started this weekend it's hard to tell moving forward how this team will do. However there are no real tests until MTSU. Marshall should be 8-1 going into the last 3 games of the year. 9-3 (6-2) is a minimum record for the Herd. Pretty good for a "down" year.

FAU, not much to say here. Blew the Tulsa game, let Miami win too easy with all the turnovers, and I don't even know what happened at home vs Buffalo. This season is quickly swirling down the toilet. Bowl eligibility is gettin more and more unlikely.

FIU beat UCF and I was excited for them, and then UCF lost to Furman and I realized that FIU was still bad, but UCF was back to there MAC days (for those that don't know, they sucked). They could get to 6 wins, but they need to win against FAU or it might not happen.

ODU is kind of like MTSU. They have the same record, with two against the two worst teams on their schedule, but they struggled to win. If they reach 5 wins they should be proud. 6 is possible but wins over FIU and/or App St will be needed.

Lastly, not much to be said about Charlotte. Shouldn't win another game, but who knows, the Florida schools love to lose games they shouldn't. A lot of excitement by starting 2-0, but then reality set in last night, that most likely 2-10 is as good as it gets.

Division championship will be on Black Friday when Marshall goes to WKU. As of right now I don't see Marshall winning it, but 3 weeks ago I thought we would. Who knows maybe after the next 3 games things look a lot different.

The funny thing is that FIU is more than capable of beating Marshall this year. That would be comical if it happens. You Marshall clowns will not hear the end of it lol
09-20-2015 08:05 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
We'll see what MT is made of against Illinois. If they leave Champaign with a loss, they might struggle in CUSA as MU42 suggest.

WKU has the easiest route in CUSA playing Marshall and MTSU at home but the loss of Allen is going to hurt them.

Still think Marshall is going to be competitive in the east even though they played poorly against a mediocre MAC team.

I think FIU could get to 7 wins beating ODU, UTEP, Charlotte, FAU and UMASS.

FAU could have beat Tulsa and played competitive against Miami but let Buffalo beat then at home. They have some winnable games on the road, UTEP, ODU and Charlotte and they have played better on the road.

ODU struggled at home against NC State and had to mount a comeback to beat one of the worst teams in FBS. But ODU has a got a very good RB so I think they could get to 4 wins with wins over Charlotte, UTEP and FAU at home. If they beat APP state 5 wins.

Charlotte - its going to take some time to be competitive
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 08:12 PM by Dawgxas.)
09-20-2015 08:08 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(09-20-2015 08:05 PM)CivilEng Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 01:52 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Seems to be a lot of talk about MTSU which is fine they have played well, but let's take a look and make some comparisons. MTSU is 2-1 with the 2 being the worst two schools on the schedule and the 1 being the best team on the schedule. The next 3 games will be huge for MTSU's season. If they can earn 3 wins it could be a special season, but IMO they will lose two of them and then play Marshall and LT after a break vs FIU. There is a chance they will be 3-5 after 8 games, but most likely will be 4-4. A lot of hype for a team that hasn't beaten a legit FBS school yet.

The funny thing is that FIU is more than capable of beating Marshall this year. That would be comical if it happens. You Marshall clowns will not hear the end of it lol

True but not going to be easy in Huntington.
09-20-2015 08:15 PM
benny_t Online
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(09-20-2015 08:08 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  We'll see what MT is made of against Illinois. If they leave Champaign with a loss, they might struggle in CUSA as MU42 suggest.

WKU has the easiest route in CUSA playing Marshall and MTSU at home but the loss of Allen is going to hurt them.

Still think Marshall is going to be competitive in the east even though they played poorly against a mediocre MAC team.

FAU could have beat Tulsa and played competitive against Miami but let Buffalo beat then at home. They have some winnable games on the road, UTEP, ODU and Charlotte and they have played better on the road.

ODU struggled at home against NC State and had to mount a comeback to beat one of the worst teams in FBS. But ODU has a got a very good RB so I think they could get to 4 wins with wins over Charlotte, UTEP and FAU at home. If they beat APP state 5 wins.

If we only beat the teams you listed that would be 6 wins. I also think we have a good shot at UTSA and we will see how USM does throughout the season.
09-20-2015 09:06 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(09-20-2015 09:06 PM)benny_t Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 08:08 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  We'll see what MT is made of against Illinois. If they leave Champaign with a loss, they might struggle in CUSA as MU42 suggest.

If we only beat the teams you listed that would be 6 wins. I also think we have a good shot at UTSA and we will see how USM does throughout the season.

Yes, You are right. 6 wins and maybe 7 against UTSA. And ODU would probably be bowling!! One game at time though same for Tech

UTSA is salty at home, though. Plus Coker and company will take their fair share of cheap shots and personal fouls down there in San Antonio. jk :)
09-21-2015 12:47 AM
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

(09-20-2015 03:08 PM)PikePanther Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 01:52 PM)MU42 Wrote:  If they can earn 3 wins it could be a special season, but IMO they will lose two of them and then play Marshall and LT after a break vs FIU.

We're not going to be anybodies 'break'.
09-21-2015 03:39 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(09-21-2015 03:39 PM)FIUFan Wrote:  

I still can't believe we lost that game. We were up 3 scores early and the sequence of big plays that FIU had was unreal. TD as time expires in the 2nd quarter. 80 yard pick six. Grammer was total garbage at that point in the season and now that you've reminded me of that game, thank god we have Brent Stockstill.
09-21-2015 04:01 PM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
(09-21-2015 04:01 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(09-21-2015 03:39 PM)FIUFan Wrote:  

I still can't believe we lost that game. We were up 3 scores early and the sequence of big plays that FIU had was unreal. TD as time expires in the 2nd quarter. 80 yard pick six. Grammer was total garbage at that point in the season and now that you've reminded me of that game, thank god we have Brent Stockstill.
Don't forget the third and long where we hit them 5 yard short of the sticks, they fumble, scoop and score. That game was just bizarre with all the fluke plays.
09-21-2015 04:05 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-20-2015 03:00 PM)banker Wrote:  I don't know why people have problems with some of our fans.

LOL. Wow.
09-24-2015 08:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.