Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rational AAC vs CUSA comparison week 3
Bookmark and Share
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Rational AAC vs CUSA comparison week 3
It was kindof a weird week with lots of moral victories for the AAC and some heartbreaking close losses for CUSA. I don't think anyone expected us to win our P5 games and I think most people expected CUSA to win at least one of theirs.

Starting with the AAC big games. Everyone other than USF put up a hell of a game for 3 quarters. Tulsa had Sooner on the ropes, SMU had TCU on the ropes and UCONN had Mizzou on the ropes. I would argue that two of those games were "good losses" and one of them was a heartbreaking close loss. I dont think anyone gave us much of a chance in theses "big" games (Tulsa +30, SMU +37, UCONN +22.5). The fact that our supposed bottom tier teams played really well against really good top 25 competition on the road speaks to the balance of the AAC right now.

Moving to the CUSA 3.0 big games. Man Tech was awesome. That was the best game of the day. That close loss was better than anything the AAC had all day. (Im not sure why UCONN didnt kick the FG and force OT). I dont know what happened to WKU. I saw you were up big and then blew the lead. No shame in losing to IU. UTSA...well the bottom half of CUSA 3.0 is really bad. Didnt watch much of ODU vs NC State. Not a bad loss by any stretch.

I would call the relative P5 performance a draw with a lean towards the AAC given the stronger competition and explosive offensive performance and stellar defensive performance against top 25 competition. I guess UTSA and USF are kindof a wash.

Against G5 the AAC really shined 3-0 against against the MAC (all on the road) speaks for itself. None of them were pretty and no one covered the spread. The Temple win is the closest thing to a "bad" win as I can think of.

Against the G5 the CUSA was a little mixed. Great road win by Southern against an explosive TX State team and a win by UTEP in a rivalry game against NM State. Bad loss against UB.

Embarrassing losses: I think the AAC moderator came over here yesterday to cry about something? What was that about again. CUSA didnt have any bad losses.

Bottom 10 teams: AAC (UCF) CUSA 3.0 (FAU, UTSA)

Summary: I think AAC gets the edge in week 3 based solely on the 3 MAC road wins being more impressive than CUSA 2 Sun Belt road wins. I thought Tulsa, SMU and UCONN's performance were comprable to La Tech's brilliant performance in the little apple and WKU close loss in Bloomington. To be honest there really wasnt much separation in the leagues this week.

Good luck to Southern next week in Nebraska and Rice in Waco.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 08:41 AM by panicstricken.)
09-20-2015 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Rational AAC vs CUSA comparison week 3
We probably don't need a biased fan of a conference doing this. It would be nice having a truly neutral fan if another conference instead. No offense, Panic.
09-20-2015 08:51 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
CUSA got smoked by all but the sunbelt this past two weeks. Last year was our year....this year not so much
09-20-2015 09:03 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
A rational comparison from somebody called panicstriken? Does not compute.
09-20-2015 09:58 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Please stop it with these threads Panic. It really isn't necessary regardless of which conference is doing better.
09-20-2015 10:00 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
SMU had TCU on the ropes? Every update I saw had TCU winning.
09-20-2015 10:09 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Regardless of the grumpy comments from other CUSA fans in this thread, I think it's a nice perspective to have. Please keep 'em coming.
09-20-2015 10:13 AM
Advertisement

Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-20-2015 10:13 AM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Regardless of the grumpy comments from other CUSA fans in this thread, I think it's a nice perspective to have. Please keep 'em coming.

Because numerous fans of C-USA schools are annoyed with it. He needs to blog so any handful of fans can follow him and he can stop seeking attention here. You would think he would catch on.

If you want a ACK perspective on how our conferences are comparing, go check out their board.
09-20-2015 10:17 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(09-20-2015 10:09 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  SMU had TCU on the ropes? Every update I saw had TCU winning.

SMU scored first but from then on it was TCU, at one point in the third quarter it as 42-17 and TCU was in complete control. SMU made a push in the fourth but TCU score again and put the game out of reach.
09-20-2015 10:29 AM
herdfan2013 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
When you're trying to rationally compare two conferences and don't mention that one of those conference's defending champion lost at home to Furman something's wrong.
09-20-2015 10:31 AM
Advertisement

SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
Keeping doing these panic. I love midget wrestling.
09-20-2015 10:35 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(09-20-2015 10:31 AM)herdfan2013 Wrote:  When you're trying to rationally compare two conferences and don't mention that one of those conference's defending champion lost at home to Furman something's wrong.
Good point. 04-rock
I don't have a problem with these posts over here. If you don't like them just don't open them.
Looks like, at this point in the season at least, that the MAC might have the lead in terms of how the G5's have performed in their OOC's part of the schedule for the most part.
09-20-2015 10:39 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(09-20-2015 10:39 AM)Franko Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 10:31 AM)herdfan2013 Wrote:  When you're trying to rationally compare two conferences and don't mention that one of those conference's defending champion lost at home to Furman something's wrong.
Good point. 04-rock
I don't have a problem with these posts over here. If you don't like them just don't open them.
Looks like, at this point in the season at least, that the MAC might have the lead in terms of how the G5's have performed in their OOC's part of the schedule for the most part.

I think it may have been missed, but there was definitely a reference to that loss for UCF...

Quote:I think the AAC moderator came over here yesterday to cry about something? What was that about again. CUSA didnt have any bad losses.

I think I heard a whoosh over some heads in this thread 03-drunk

But I agree with the rest of your post. MAC has performed well. MWC has lost time and again and SBC is SBC. AAC isn't phenomenal and CUSA is the same.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 10:54 AM by Ole Blue.)
09-20-2015 10:53 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

It's more of an aside than anything. UCF is clearly going to be one of the worst teams in the AAC (perhaps even FBS) this year. S Miss and Houston were holy terrors in 2011. In 2012 Houston was busy losing to Texas St (going just 5-7 that year) and 2011 conference champ S Miss couldn't win a game in 2012. It happens.

Just as Marshall, ECU, Tulsa, UCF, and Rice filled the power vacuum in CUSA in 2012, the same is happening in the AAC. Memphis, Houston, Cinci, Temple, and Navy all look strong. SMU and Tulsa look much improved. The reality is that every FBS season is self contained and the top players can change radically from year to year----especially in the G5 conferences.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 10:56 AM by Attackcoog.)
09-20-2015 10:54 AM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa

Im pretty sure that was covered....

Im really not that biased one way or the other. I loved CUSA. It was the best conference Tulsa was ever in and I watch all your games. Its naturally for their to be a rivalry between the two leagues.
09-20-2015 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.