Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I must laugh at the SBC
Bookmark and Share
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Neil Young
I must laugh at the SBC
Coastal had a record crowd tonight of 10,311. LIBERTY had a record crowd of 22,551. Many laughs ensue.
09-19-2015 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
RE: I must laugh at the SBC
CCU has certain attributes LU doesn't have like location. LU will get its time to shine, it just wasn't this time around in realignment.
09-19-2015 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

22,551 > 10,311. We had 10k students there tonight.
09-19-2015 10:04 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

Still location matters more to the SBC than raw numbers. Same thing with the CUSA and media markets.
09-19-2015 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

Ok then - LU closer to App than CCU.
Lynchburg / Roanoke TV market > Myrtle Beach
http://www.tvb.org/media/file/Nielsen_20..._Ranks.pdf

Tell me about location?

22,551 > 10,311
09-20-2015 04:01 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(09-20-2015 04:01 AM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  Ok then - LU closer to App than CCU.
Lynchburg / Roanoke TV market > Myrtle Beach
http://www.tvb.org/media/file/Nielsen_20..._Ranks.pdf

Tell me about location?

22,551 > 10,311

Um....the beach dude. And App isn't in CUSA the media markets thing was an example of how conferences have certain criteria. Media Markets isn't a SBC thing. Location isn't the only thing for SBC. CCU's Non-FB sports are better than LU's that plus they (SBC) needed to add a soccer team to keep their auto bid.
09-20-2015 05:21 AM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
05-stirthepot If Coastal's location is so good then why don't they have enough people attending their games?

But the difference in Coastal's sports and Liberty's are negligible at best. Liberty and Coastal have been swapping the Sasser Cup for years. Coastal won the last two years and before that it was Liberty for six in a row. Coastal has won it seven times and Liberty eleven times in the last 18 years.
09-20-2015 07:44 AM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

"Ummm the beach dude" as a legitimate reason why CCU has a better location?

The SBC just took a team who just set a stadium record with 10k fans. Let that sink in. We had more people at the Bernie Sanders speech.
09-20-2015 08:14 AM
GE and MTS Offline

(09-20-2015 08:14 AM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  "Ummm the beach dude" as a legitimate reason why CCU has a better location?

The SBC just took a team who just set a stadium record with 10k fans. Let that sink in. We had more people at the Bernie Sanders speech.

To be fair, it was mandatory for the students to be at the Bernie Sanders speech. But you won't hear the complaints about that from the Sun Belt crowd or anyone else for that matter.
09-20-2015 08:32 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(09-20-2015 07:44 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  05-stirthepot If Coastal's location is so good then why don't they have enough people attending their games?

But the difference in Coastal's sports and Liberty's are negligible at best. Liberty and Coastal have been swapping the Sasser Cup for years. Coastal won the last two years and before that it was Liberty for six in a row. Coastal has won it seven times and Liberty eleven times in the last 18 years.

The SBC is banking on it being attractive enough for people to come. CCU's attendance will blowup once FBS teams start coming threw just like ours would. Also I heard talk of a bowl being added in SC. LU and CCU's sports have been close BUT CCU made the FCS playoffs more than us. Besides that their baseball team is better and so is their basketball team. I don't want to be a homer and say LU is amazing because it's my alma mater. Just so it's thrown out there I think being co-champ is stupid I consider all the times CCU shared it with us and secured whatever autobid as them being the real champs.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 08:56 AM by Curtisc83.)
09-20-2015 08:55 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(09-20-2015 08:14 AM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  "Ummm the beach dude" as a legitimate reason why CCU has a better location?

Current attendance numbers aren't what they are looking at, it's future growth.
09-20-2015 08:58 AM
Advertisement

Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

Current numbers = LU
Future growth = LU
Headstart = LU

Curtis, you are wrong. Accept and see facts.
09-20-2015 09:43 AM
GE and MTS Offline

(09-20-2015 08:55 AM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 07:44 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  05-stirthepot If Coastal's location is so good then why don't they have enough people attending their games?

The SBC is banking on it being attractive enough for people to come. CCU's attendance will blowup once FBS teams start coming threw just like ours would. Also I heard talk of a bowl being added in SC. LU and CCU's sports have been close BUT CCU made the FCS playoffs more than us. Besides that their baseball team is better and so is their basketball team. I don't want to be a homer and say LU is amazing because it's my alma mater. Just so it's thrown out there I think being co-champ is stupid I consider all the times CCU shared it with us and secured whatever autobid as them being the real champs.

I know why the Sun Belt picked Coastal over us but let's not pretend Coastal is some dominant program. They aren't. Two years ago we were better than them in basketball and baseball by earning auto-bids to the NCAA tournaments and winning the Sasser Cup while being thisclose to being better in football. Since then our basketball and baseball tanked while football improved so that we are the better football team (which could change by the end of the year).

I think Coastal is more than just a market grab (Georgia State) but they aren't noticeably better than us.
09-20-2015 09:47 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(09-20-2015 09:43 AM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  Current numbers = LU
Future growth = LU
Headstart = LU

Curtis, you are wrong. Accept and see facts.

I'm not saying LU is a bad choice I'm saying Coastal was a solid choice and obviously a preferred choice by the SBC. My reasons are sound just not easy for some folks to accept.
09-20-2015 10:44 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(09-20-2015 09:47 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 08:55 AM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

I know why the Sun Belt picked Coastal over us but let's not pretend Coastal is some dominant program. They aren't. Two years ago we were better than them in basketball and baseball by earning auto-bids to the NCAA tournaments and winning the Sasser Cup while being thisclose to being better in football. Since then our basketball and baseball tanked while football improved so that we are the better football team (which could change by the end of the year).

I think Coastal is more than just a market grab (Georgia State) but they aren't noticeably better than us.

Those two years really happened at a horrible time. We should of fired the MBB coach right after he caught lighting in a bottle and made the tourney. But I know things don't work that way after a good run so he got extended. But in the end that hurt us pretty bad.
09-20-2015 10:48 AM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

But the reasons aren't sound, that is what I'm saying. 10,311....vs 22,551. Not even comparable really. Current growth? Future growth? Location? ALL favor Liberty. This was a clear case of not wanting the private Christian school. 22,551 to 10,311...what a joke the SBC is!
09-20-2015 03:46 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(09-20-2015 03:46 PM)Campaign4Liberty Wrote:  But the reasons aren't sound, that is what I'm saying. 10,311....vs 22,551. Not even comparable really. Current growth? Future growth? Location? ALL favor Liberty. This was a clear case of not wanting the private Christian school. 22,551 to 10,311...what a joke the SBC is!
C4L, you, myself and many others have made similar points on the SBC board. As much as we may want to pound them with facts, figures, and details that support LU being in the SBC, it's beating a dead horse at this time. When the SBC chose CCU over LU, it moved from a facts/figures/details decision to a political/business choice. It also showed the areas of values that is important to the SBC admins. Their point is it is about perception and future growth. Granted LU has superior facilities, on campus students and attendance than CCU. But CCU's perceived upside, and for the safety and comfort of the SBC admins, is that Coastal cannot dominate with funds and COA and more like Liberty can.

If we spend our time sending zingers to CCU and the SBC, it's just wasted energy. We all want to achieve FBS and LU will be there. We may even be able to interpret Jr.'s recent radio interview as a soon to be invite in the SBC. The best thing we can do now is simply win, continue to grow the attendance and our time will come. It's going to be sweet, and if it's the SBC, we'll be a great member and then we'll graduate from it, unlike most of it's current members who reached their expected level of progression.
09-20-2015 05:02 PM
Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
All indications point to, their hatred of our Lord and Savior, has caused the Sunbelt to make an extremely poor business decision. One I think they are going to regret in the future. It is more than apparent to me which program is on the upswing. Oh yeah and congratulations on the huge win yesterday!!!
09-20-2015 05:10 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(09-20-2015 05:10 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  All indications point to, their hatred of our Lord and Savior, has caused the Sunbelt to make an extremely poor business decision. One I think they are going to regret in the future. It is more than apparent to me which program is on the upswing. Oh yeah and congratulations on the huge win yesterday!!!
Thanks on the victory mention. The admission price was the best $20 I've spent on LU football entertainment since the program began.
09-20-2015 05:15 PM
Campaign4Liberty Offline
Special Teams

(09-20-2015 05:10 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  All indications point to, their hatred of our Lord and Savior, has caused the Sunbelt to make an extremely poor business decision. One I think they are going to regret in the future. It is more than apparent to me which program is on the upswing. Oh yeah and congratulations on the huge win yesterday!!!

Thank you!
09-20-2015 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.