Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA observations today
Bookmark and Share
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
CUSA observations today
La Tech lost a tough one. 2 no-calls that were PI for sure in 3OT. Ridiculous. But played very well. Impressed with La Tech.

Marshall has a QB again. Been singing Littons praises since Spring, kid has it all. Could end up being on our mount rushmore of QBs before he is done if he plays to his potential. Too bad Doc likes redshirts more than wins, or we would be 3-0. Ready to make a run through cusa now, i believe WKU will be for the east now, no doubt.

WKU - So inconsistent so far. Flashes of the great offense from 2014, but drops and mistakes
show their ugly face at the worst times. Really hope WKU wins this game for the conference. Go WKU!

FAU - wtf happened?
09-19-2015 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

I Root For: Marshall
CUSA observations today
While I was happy with how Litton played, remember that Marshall was playing a FCS school.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and anoint him the second coming just yet.
09-19-2015 07:12 PM
Herd Man Offline
Water Engineer

RE: CUSA observations today
Litton looked good today. Didn't rush his throws and took time to let the play develop. I think it was a good start and confidence builder against a FCS opponent. Also, play calling was 100 times better today than last week against OU.
09-19-2015 07:18 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

Let's put Litton next to CP, BL, and RC!!! Are you serious? We played Norfolk St. Gunnar Holcombe would have won that game easily, as would Mark Cann, Eddie Sullivan, Chris Smith, Wes Beardain, Willy Korn, Jimmy Skinner, Brian Anderson, AJ Graham, Jonathan Garner, Press Taylor, Derek Devine, Kevin Anderson, and Cole Garvin.

Let's ease up a bit. He looked good vs no one. IMO we lose vs Purdue with him. We will never know, but the next 3 games are cake walks that either qb could win.
09-19-2015 07:22 PM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(09-19-2015 06:11 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  La Tech lost a tough one. 2 no-calls that were PI for sure in 3OT. Ridiculous. But played very well. Impressed with La Tech.

Marshall has a QB again. Been singing Littons praises since Spring, kid has it all. Could end up being on our mount rushmore of QBs before he is done if he plays to his potential. Too bad Doc likes redshirts more than wins, or we would be 3-0. Ready to make a run through cusa now, i believe WKU will be for the east now, no doubt.

WKU - So inconsistent so far. Flashes of the great offense from 2014, but drops and mistakes
show their ugly face at the worst times. Really hope WKU wins this game for the conference. Go WKU!

FAU - wtf happened?

I don't know if you saw the game, but the 1st OT TD by K State (I think it was the first) was clearly a no catch as the receiver was out of bounds. Having said that, Tech has made too many fundamental mistakes in our 2 losses and must improve if we are to challenge for a CCG berth. I also expect that Marshall will again be the best team in the East Division as they are very talented and well coached.
09-19-2015 07:54 PM
cr11owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
(09-19-2015 06:11 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  La Tech lost a tough one. 2 no-calls that were PI for sure in 3OT. Ridiculous. But played very well. Impressed with La Tech.

FAU - wtf happened?

No mention of Driphus Jackson bouncing back big against UNT? If he played like that against UT Rice probably would've won. Secondary still looks questionable but LaTech@Rice Halloween weekend should decide the west.
09-19-2015 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Cscollis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech
Tech is the walking wounded. We're on our 4th string center and can't seem to get healthy. We will be lucky to be bowl eligible.
09-19-2015 08:02 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
FAU staff must be scratching their heads... 10 turnovers in last two matches?

481 ypg offense is not bad at all. Probably best ever at this point of the season. But 0-3?
09-19-2015 08:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(09-19-2015 07:54 PM)stodgdog Wrote:  

FAU - wtf happened?

I don't know if you saw the game, but the 1st OT TD by K State (I think it was the first) was clearly a no catch as the receiver was out of bounds. Having said that, Tech has made too many fundamental mistakes in our 2 losses and must improve if we are to challenge for a CCG berth. I also expect that Marshall will again be the best team in the East Division as they are very talented and well coached.

If you'd said we were well-coached last week, we'd have laughed then spit. That's what makes college football great. Every week is a new high or new low.
09-19-2015 08:19 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

To the original poster's Litton comment, keep in mind that Cato stepped in to start because the starting QB that year didn't keep the job, but even then he showed promise, Cato still had struggles as a freshman and lost the job back to Graham before solidifying the job heading into his sophomore year. I think Litton will be the "face of the franchise" for the next four years, but he's a freshman. He has enough talent around him Marshall will be playing for a division title and will be a bowl team, but he needs his moments before he's the next annointed.

I suspect we will see Birdsong again this year.
09-19-2015 08:26 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(09-19-2015 08:26 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  To the original poster's Litton comment, keep in mind that Cato stepped in to start because the starting QB that year didn't keep the job, but even then he showed promise, Cato still had struggles as a freshman and lost the job back to Graham before solidifying the job heading into his sophomore year. I think Litton will be the "face of the franchise" for the next four years, but he's a freshman. He has enough talent around him Marshall will be playing for a division title and will be a bowl team, but he needs his moments before he's the next annointed.

I suspect we will see Birdsong again this year.

We will not see Birdsong again, not a chance, barring injury.

And Random, everything i know about football tells me Litton is going to end up in that conversation. I said it since the spring, this kid is the real deal, just like I saw it in Cato, when everyone was on the AJ train. Litton makes good decisions, is incredibly poised in the pocket and calm, he went througg progressions in his first game! That is a very telling sign of intelligence on the field. He has great touch, and arm strength with incredible accuracy, and he can move and is mobile to boot.

The only question i had anout Litton was "Will he be ready to play mentally?" And that question was answered today emphatically. From the first, to the last snap he had total control of that offense.

And as far as the Kstate game, i saw that forst TD catch in OT by Kstate, the receivers toe came down in bounds after the catch was secured before his heel hit the chalk. It was a good call. Lucky catch, but good call. What upset me were those back to back no calls, one of which would have resulted in 1st and goal from the 2.
09-19-2015 08:34 PM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(09-19-2015 07:57 PM)cr11owl Wrote:  

FAU - wtf happened?

No mention of Driphus Jackson bouncing back big against UNT? If he played like that against UT Rice probably would've won. Secondary still looks questionable but LaTech@Rice Halloween weekend should decide the west.

Cant count La Tech out of that. But i did not see that game, so i was unable to intelligently comment on it. The FAU wuestion was the same but i saw that bad loss in the box score and couldn't imagine that coming after how they played the first 2 games.
09-19-2015 08:39 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

The play calling wasn't bad at OU, the options contained in the play called that the QB elected to attempt to execute were poor.
09-19-2015 08:45 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
I know it's still early in the season, but would anyone have bet that Charlotte and Old Dominion would be leading the CUSA East at this point?

Code:
2015 C-USA Standings
East    OVR    CONF
Charl    2-0    0-0
ODU    2-0    0-0
WKU  2-1    1-0
Mar    2-1    0-0
FIU    1-1    0-0
MTSU    1-1    0-0
FAU    0-3    0-0

West    OVR    CONF
Rice    2-1    0-0
SoMs    1-1    0-0
LaT    1-2    0-1
UTEP    0-2    0-0
NTx    0-2    0-0
UTSA    0-3    0-0
09-19-2015 08:47 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(09-19-2015 08:47 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  I know it's still early in the season, but would anyone have bet that Charlotte and Old Dominion would be leading the CUSA East at this point?

Code:
2015 C-USA Standings
East    OVR    CONF
Charl    2-0    0-0
ODU    2-0    0-0
WKU  2-1    1-0
Mar    2-1    0-0
FIU    1-1    0-0
MTSU    1-1    0-0
FAU    0-3    0-0

West    OVR    CONF
Rice    2-1    0-0
SoMs    1-1    0-0
LaT    1-2    0-1
UTEP    0-2    0-0
NTx    0-2    0-0
UTSA    0-3    0-0

lol

My only comment about today's game:

I'm sorry Charlotte fans. Damn.
09-19-2015 08:49 PM
Greenroom Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
UTSA.. can we please stop playing 4 heavyweights poor poor game..
09-19-2015 08:52 PM
Advertisement

STexMiner Offline
All American

I Root For:
UTEP is currently crushing the #1 team in the nation according to ESPN. Perfect season here we come.
09-19-2015 08:54 PM
davi78239 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
(09-19-2015 08:52 PM)Greenroom Wrote:  UTSA.. can we please stop playing 4 heavyweights poor poor game..

I did like the 3rd string QB play though.
09-19-2015 08:57 PM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice and UH
I felt bad for Louisiana Tech today. Those two teams were very evenly matched. I'm disappointed in WKU. I also hear that UTEP lost to NMSU. That's a complete disaster. Charlotte may be in for a very long year.
09-19-2015 09:26 PM
Cscollis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech
The west has 2 good teams and the rest are sucking. Rice and Tech should battle it out for tallest midget. USM is In 3rd until they show some D and the last 3 are terrible. UTEP UNT UTSA are not playing well right now. UTEP is currently losing to the worst rated football team in FBS. UNT got crushed by Rice. Although UTSA played a over-rated AZ team in game 1 tough the last 2 have been blowouts.

CUSA may have 5 of the bottom 10 after this weekend. UTEP, FAU, Charlotte, UNT, UTSA. Thank god for USM winning at TS or this would have been 2 disasterous weekends in a row without a FBS win. At this point I hope we can finish the OOC ahead of the belt. This feels like 2013 all over again.
09-19-2015 09:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.