Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memorial for Diesel
Bookmark and Share
NIUDrew Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Memorial for Diesel
I was really sad to hear the news about Diesel. He brought a lot of joy to fans at the stadium and watching on TV. It seems like every game broadcast, both local and national, the crew commented on the beautiful dog named Diesel. He was there for almost all of NIU’s rise to prominence as a mid-major power, and absolutely deserves a spot in the NIU Athletics Hall of Fame. He was the one constant during those years which saw various coaches, athletic directors, and players cycle through the program. He even provided the most shared NIU sports moment in history with his signature high five.

Some have mentioned a statue. I don’t know the feasibility in terms of donors, but I would love to see a statue of Diesel in front of the West side where everyone walks by -- one that is low to the ground in his signature high five pose. Kids would be high-fiving him back and having photo opportunities every Saturday for years.

We will miss you, buddy. I hope you are rollin in the snow somewhere on the other side.

[Image: COVoXxoWEAAjizG.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 11:49 PM by NIUDrew.)
09-15-2015 11:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

99niufan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: HUSKIES
RE: Memorial for Diesel
(09-15-2015 11:44 PM)NIUDrew Wrote:  I was really sad to hear the news about Diesel. He brought a lot of joy to fans at the stadium and watching on TV. It seems like every game broadcast, both local and national, the crew commented on the beautiful dog named Diesel. He was there for almost all of NIU’s rise to prominence as a mid-major power, and absolutely deserves a spot in the NIU Athletics Hall of Fame. He was the one constant during those years which saw various coaches, athletic directors, and players cycle through the program. He even provided the most shared NIU sports moment in history with his signature high five.

Some have mentioned a statue. I don’t know the feasibility in terms of donors, but I would love to see a statue of Diesel in front of the West side where everyone walks by -- one that is low to the ground in his signature high five pose. Kids would be high-fiving him back and having photo opportunities every Saturday for years.

We will miss you, buddy. I hope you are rollin in the snow somewhere on the other side.

+1
09-16-2015 05:40 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(09-16-2015 05:40 AM)99niufan Wrote:  
(09-15-2015 11:44 PM)NIUDrew Wrote:  I was really sad to hear the news about Diesel. He brought a lot of joy to fans at the stadium and watching on TV. It seems like every game broadcast, both local and national, the crew commented on the beautiful dog named Diesel. He was there for almost all of NIU’s rise to prominence as a mid-major power, and absolutely deserves a spot in the NIU Athletics Hall of Fame. He was the one constant during those years which saw various coaches, athletic directors, and players cycle through the program. He even provided the most shared NIU sports moment in history with his signature high five.

+1

+2
09-16-2015 05:42 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-16-2015 05:42 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  

+1

+2

+3
09-16-2015 07:49 AM

chihuskie Offline
All American

(09-16-2015 07:49 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

+1

+2

+3

+4 Awesome idea. Don't know how much money that would take, but I'm in for $100. Deisel ("Victor") there to high five all comers. This should get done!
09-16-2015 08:10 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
Diesel was a good dog.
09-16-2015 08:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
Way to get things going chihuskie!

I'm in for $100.
09-16-2015 08:39 AM

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Someone set up a go fund me oagd. I am computer illiterate
09-16-2015 08:54 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
Im in as well
09-16-2015 10:36 AM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(09-16-2015 08:10 AM)chihuskie Wrote:  
(09-16-2015 07:49 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

+1

+2

+3

+4 Awesome idea. Don't know how much money that would take, but I'm in for $100. Deisel ("Victor") there to high five all comers. This should get done!

+5 My family is in for at least $50. This needs to happen!
09-16-2015 10:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.