UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Auburn game ticket update
dragonbreath Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Auburn game ticket update
Just called Auburn ticket holder and fellow stated he doubts any individual game tickets will be available for the UAB vs Auburn game. Which if any go on sale right before the season. I asked how come so many tickets are on stubhub.com for which he stated the season ticket holders are selling them. He then tried to sell me a ticket package for which I stated I was a UAB grad and told him UAB will not get an allotment of tickets. So if you want some, go to stubhub and they start at $65 for nosebleed.
Bummer
Sorry if already posted
05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 01:38 PM by dragonbreath.)
09-15-2015 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jcduncan13 Offline
All American

RE: Auburn game ticket update
Man this really blows.
09-15-2015 01:41 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
So I'm on my way to buy that $65 nosebleed.
09-15-2015 01:43 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

Do you think we could buy from someone cheaper down there right before game?
09-15-2015 01:45 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
It's possible they have people like down in Tuscalousy that just buy BBALL season tickets to get priority points for football. More might show up on StubHub as we get closer to the game.
09-15-2015 01:48 PM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

Well, I just helped the ticket price stay high by purchasing 4 together in the lower corner. Fees and tax made the $64/ea turn into a $76 ticket. I hope we return the favor to them when they come to Bartow.
09-15-2015 01:57 PM
Advertisement

Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

Verified through Alex Ware's replacement, Jennifer...
"Happy to help with your questions! Unfortunately, UAB will not be receiving an allotment of Auburn tickets to sell through our ticket office. All ticket sales for this game will have to be purchased through the Auburn ticket department, and therefore there will not be able to be any priority given to UAB season ticket holders."
09-15-2015 02:04 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
I think they did this on purpose to keep it a home game.
09-15-2015 02:07 PM
Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-15-2015 01:37 PM)dragonbreath Wrote:  Just called Auburn ticket holder and fellow stated he doubts any individual game tickets will be available for the UAB vs Auburn game. Which if any go on sale right before the season. I asked how come so many tickets are on stubhub.com for which he stated the season ticket holders are selling them. He then tried to sell me a ticket package for which I stated I was a UAB grad and told him UAB will not get an allotment of tickets. So if you want some, go to stubhub and they start at $65 for nosebleed.
Bummer
Sorry if already posted
05-mafia

From what I understand, Auburn is also going to offer a package to select games that will include UAB. If any tickets are left, then Auburn will sell individual game tickets. Unfortunately, I doubt it gets to the individual game.
09-15-2015 02:15 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(09-15-2015 01:37 PM)dragonbreath Wrote:  Just called Auburn ticket holder and fellow stated he doubts any individual game tickets will be available for the UAB vs Auburn game. Which if any go on sale right before the season. I asked how come so many tickets are on stubhub.com for which he stated the season ticket holders are selling them. He then tried to sell me a ticket package for which I stated I was a UAB grad and told him UAB will not get an allotment of tickets. So if you want some, go to stubhub and they start at $65 for nosebleed.
Bummer
Sorry if already posted
05-mafia

I have been suspicious for years that such secondary market outlets get their tickets DIRECTLY FROM THE SCHOOL'S (or bowl game, pro team's) ticket offices, especially when no tickets are sent to the visiting school's office. They want to maximize the profits from high-demand games (Iron Bowl, Super Bowl, etc) and those that are likely to have limited appeal.

Some may indeed be from individuals dumping tickets for less desirable games, but I think those might be the exceptions, not the rule. What is the price difference between the profit margin of face value and the secondary market price profit margin? Stub-Hub may also handle the less profitable tickets to keep their position for the big profit games in all sports.

Also, if Auburn provides no tickets to the UAB office, where do they expect to get tickets for the return game in B'ham? Game tickets are usually supplied on a "quid pro quo" basis.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 02:20 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
09-15-2015 02:15 PM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

(09-15-2015 02:15 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  
Bummer
Sorry if already posted
05-mafia

I have been suspicious for years that such secondary market outlets get their tickets DIRECTLY FROM THE SCHOOL'S (or bowl game, pro team's) ticket offices, especially when no tickets are sent to the visiting school's office. They want to maximize the profits from high-demand games (Iron Bowl, Super Bowl, etc) and those that are likely to have limited appeal.

Some may indeed be from individuals dumping tickets for less desirable games, but I think those might be the exceptions, not the rule. What is the price difference between the profit margin of face value and the secondary market price profit margin? Stub-Hub may also handle the less profitable tickets to keep their position for the big profit games in all sports.

I agree, I doubt it is individuals, as you can find the exact seats on Stubhub, Seat Geek, and other sites.
09-15-2015 02:19 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

Just bought a pair for freaking 180.00.
09-15-2015 02:20 PM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

(09-15-2015 02:20 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  Just bought a pair for freaking 180.00.

Same here. $305 for 4. Makes me a little nauseous to pay more for this game than I will the entire CUSA tourney. I hope its enjoyable.
09-15-2015 02:21 PM
BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
Hmmm... I have a daughter there. Maybe I can pick up some tickets.
09-15-2015 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Yeah, I am going to go out on a limb and say this game will not be a sellout and there will be tickets available closer to the game date and the prices will be reasonable.
09-15-2015 06:40 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
My guess is that you can buy them direct from AU once the individual game tickets are released.
09-15-2015 06:53 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I hope UAB remembers the allotment situation when the game comes to Bartow.
I also hope UAB fans scoop up tickets early to keep auburn fans from getting them from UAB.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 06:57 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
09-15-2015 06:56 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
(09-15-2015 06:56 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I hope UAB remembers the allotment situation when the game comes to Bartow.

no kidding.
my first ever UAB game was against Auburn at home
09-15-2015 06:58 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-15-2015 06:40 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Yeah, I am going to go out on a limb and say this game will not be a sellout and there will be tickets available closer to the game date and the prices will be reasonable.

I don't know. First game of the year. Lots of fans already in town for a big football game. I have a friend who has two basketball season tickets who told me I could use one...until he realized it was the night before the Georgia game, then he said his wife would insist on it, even though she doesn't like basketball.
09-15-2015 06:59 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
It's the night before the Georgia football game. It'll be a tough ticket to get. People around here are excited about their team.
09-15-2015 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.