Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another Food Shortage
Bookmark and Share
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Another Food Shortage
I have to report this year's food shortage occurred in the HAF tent prior to the game. I got there a little after 1pm and by the time I got to the food all they had left was corn and semi-warm mostaciolli and bread that was probably supposed to be for beef sandwiches or something.

When I got up there the food server thought they may have more food in 15 minutes, problem is the tent closes at 2pm and I had to leave so I could get my son in pup club lineup. I am not sure if more food came or not, word I got was no and if so it was too late.

The AD department was alerted and treated it as an emergency but not sure what if anything they could do at that point.

Many donors walked away hungry and disappointed, including myelf. Not a good way to treat them. Many people plan on that meal prior to the game and it was not delivered.

I believe food this week was provided by the "the Lodge" in Wasau which I promise I will never frequent and ask others to avoid.

This does seem to happen in the HAF tent at least once a year and turns a good amount of people off. (Believe it was game 1 last year.) Shocking because game 1 this year was loaded with good food!, except the lack of a dessert table of course.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015 10:21 AM by RitzHuskie.)
09-14-2015 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Another Food Shortage
Can anyone confirm what was supposed to be served? Please tell me it wasn't hot dogs.
09-14-2015 10:29 AM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I got there about 1:30 and the staff was telling people they were out of food and directing people into the yard where the hand stamp from the HAF tent would get free food from the Lukoloes or other food tent.
09-14-2015 10:47 AM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Wow they never communicated that to us and we were there for over 40 minutes.
09-14-2015 10:54 AM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
I feel like they should ask people to RSVP for the tent (like they do for the 5th quarter and other donor events) just to get an estimate of how many will show (even if it's just a tentative RSVP or not). With how many passes are out there, and how many go unused at times, probably very difficult to get a gauge on what they should have.
09-14-2015 12:35 PM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

How does this stuff happen? Bring 20% more than you think you'll need. It shouldn't be hard. If you need RSVP's, then get RSVP's, but not having enough should NEVER be an option on game day. This is how places go out of business. I'd rather have too much than not enough any day.
09-14-2015 12:42 PM
Advertisement

niuco90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N.I.U.
I was told that the reason the limited the passes to the HASF tent rather then give you one per ticket is that they wanted to make sure they didn't run out of food. So much for that.
09-14-2015 01:00 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-14-2015 01:00 PM)niuco90 Wrote:  I was told that the reason the limited the passes to the HASF tent rather then give you one per ticket is that they wanted to make sure they didn't run out of food. So much for that.

You are correct. They were big on limiting passes before the year.
09-14-2015 01:49 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Another Food Shortage
(09-14-2015 12:35 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  I feel like they should ask people to RSVP for the tent (like they do for the 5th quarter and other donor events) just to get an estimate of how many will show (even if it's just a tentative RSVP or not). With how many passes are out there, and how many go unused at times, probably very difficult to get a gauge on what they should have.

No. I have passes. I should not have to call in. It is their obligation to make sure there is enough food for pass holders. My group went hungry, too. We had corn and a roll. This tent is for donors of $1,000 and more. To say people were pissed is an understatement.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015 05:06 PM by Dog Fan.)
09-14-2015 05:04 PM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

(09-14-2015 05:04 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 12:35 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  I feel like they should ask people to RSVP for the tent (like they do for the 5th quarter and other donor events) just to get an estimate of how many will show (even if it's just a tentative RSVP or not). With how many passes are out there, and how many go unused at times, probably very difficult to get a gauge on what they should have.

No. I have passes. I should not have to call in. It is their obligation to make sure there is enough food for pass holders. My group went hungry, too. We had corn and a roll. This tent is for donors of $1,000 and more. To say people were pissed is an understatement.

Yeah yeah yeah, I get it. I have passes too, but I never use them. So what I'm saying is they should have a way to better know (some type of RSVP system), and it doesn't have to be perfect, just to get a gauge for some that will use it. I'm not excusing them for running out, just saying it's a process that could be improved that would help all parties.

We should all keep in mind, a donation is a donation...you shouldn't need to get anything back. Still sucks that they ran out...but if you want a sure meal, take your money to McDonalds.
09-14-2015 06:07 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(09-14-2015 12:42 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  How does this stuff happen? Bring 20% more than you think you'll need. It shouldn't be hard. If you need RSVP's, then get RSVP's, but not having enough should NEVER be an option on game day. This is how places go out of business. I'd rather have too much than not enough any day.
A little off topic but I once went to the Arby's on 23 in DeKalb and they were out of roast beef! 03-lmfao
09-15-2015 02:27 AM
Advertisement

beachboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: huskies
Food shortages seem to be an issue at every home game. You'd think they would've figured it out by now.
09-15-2015 07:00 AM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(09-15-2015 07:00 AM)beachboy Wrote:  Food shortages seem to be an issue at every home game. You'd think they would've figured it out by now.

If only Stay Cool was still on the board we could get some insight.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 07:48 AM by DogPoundNorth.)
09-15-2015 07:48 AM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-14-2015 06:07 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  

Yeah yeah yeah, I get it. I have passes too, but I never use them. So what I'm saying is they should have a way to better know (some type of RSVP system), and it doesn't have to be perfect, just to get a gauge for some that will use it. I'm not excusing them for running out, just saying it's a process that could be improved that would help all parties.

We should all keep in mind, a donation is a donation...you shouldn't need to get anything back. Still sucks that they ran out...but if you want a sure meal, take your money to McDonalds.

The thing is promised, it is considered part of the donation that they deliver food. My group counts on food being available for consumption prior to the game.

Fine, if the agreement were no food, and they just take donations, then that's what I would plan on. But that is not the agreement, the agreement is you give a certain amount, they deliver on food and drinks. Many people count on this and they did not deliver.

Totally agree with DogFan on this. They pissed a lot of donors off, as I saw a good deal of unhappiness in the tent.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 08:04 AM by RitzHuskie.)
09-15-2015 08:02 AM
HappyHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pigdog's Demise
We gave up eating in that tent last year. Now there is no food, before that there was poor quality food and before that there was no seating.
It's easier just to grab a hot dog in the stadium, when available.
09-15-2015 09:25 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(09-15-2015 07:48 AM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(09-15-2015 07:00 AM)beachboy Wrote:  Food shortages seem to be an issue at every home game. You'd think they would've figured it out by now.

If only Stay Cool was still on the board we could get some insight.

Whatcha think? Should we do a well-being check? Maybe he's fallen and can't get up.

Probably just on the "down-low"....
09-15-2015 09:33 AM
Advertisement

17Huskies Offline
Heisman

(09-15-2015 08:02 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 06:07 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  

The thing is promised, it is considered part of the donation that they deliver food. My group counts on food being available for consumption prior to the game.

Fine, if the agreement were no food, and they just take donations, then that's what I would plan on. But that is not the agreement, the agreement is you give a certain amount, they deliver on food and drinks. Many people count on this and they did not deliver.

Totally agree with DogFan on this. They pissed a lot of donors off, as I saw a good deal of unhappiness in the tent.

I'm not excusing it. I agree it's bad that they ran out for folks that we're expecting it. They should fix the process or just get rid of it.

I was just also commenting that sometimes we get too caught up in the "what's in it for me" as a donor...and that's not being a donor. That's being a consumer.

I was at Taco Bell one time and they ran out of beef (if that's what you call it?)
09-15-2015 10:01 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Issue was acknowledged today by Athletics in an e-mail to HAF members that have tickets for the tent:

The Huskie Athletic Fund is dedicated to providing an exclusive and enjoyable atmosphere on football game days for supporters of NIU Athletics. Please know that we value your annual contributions to support NIU student-athletes, your gifts are instrumental to NIU student-athlete success in the classroom, in competition and in life.

As a Huskie Athletic Fund member our promise to you is to work diligently at fulfilling your customer service expectations. So far this season, we have received much positive feedback on our enhanced pre-game, in-game and post-game experience.

However, on Saturday at the Murray State game we failed to live up to our promise in the pregame Huskie Athletic Fund Hospitality Tent. Please know that this unacceptable as it relates to our commitment to provide outstanding customer service.

We make a conscious effort to partner with our restaurant supporters and give them the opportunity to showcase their food selections for your enjoyment. Unfortunately, in this case there was a miscalculation that resulted in a shortage of food in the pregame hospitality tent. For this we sincerely apologize.

Please know that we will make every effort to correct this issue moving forward. You can be confident that we will work tirelessly to ensure that your Huskie Game Day experience is exceptional for you and your family.

We appreciate all that you do, please contact us directly should you have any questions regarding the Huskie Athletic Fund benefits.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

GO HUSKIES!

Huskie Athletic Fund Staff
09-16-2015 03:46 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
The same message they sent after first game last year. At least they acknowledge the shortcomings.
09-16-2015 04:06 PM
golf4501 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-16-2015 03:46 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Issue was acknowledged today by Athletics in an e-mail to HAF members that have tickets for the tent:

The Huskie Athletic Fund is dedicated to providing an exclusive and enjoyable atmosphere on football game days for supporters of NIU Athletics. Please know that we value your annual contributions to support NIU student-athletes, your gifts are instrumental to NIU student-athlete success in the classroom, in competition and in life.

As a Huskie Athletic Fund member our promise to you is to work diligently at fulfilling your customer service expectations. So far this season, we have received much positive feedback on our enhanced pre-game, in-game and post-game experience.

However, on Saturday at the Murray State game we failed to live up to our promise in the pregame Huskie Athletic Fund Hospitality Tent. Please know that this unacceptable as it relates to our commitment to provide outstanding customer service.

We make a conscious effort to partner with our restaurant supporters and give them the opportunity to showcase their food selections for your enjoyment. Unfortunately, in this case there was a miscalculation that resulted in a shortage of food in the pregame hospitality tent. For this we sincerely apologize.

Please know that we will make every effort to correct this issue moving forward. You can be confident that we will work tirelessly to ensure that your Huskie Game Day experience is exceptional for you and your family.

We appreciate all that you do, please contact us directly should you have any questions regarding the Huskie Athletic Fund benefits.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

GO HUSKIES!

Huskie Athletic Fund Staff

Funny I have tickets to the tent, but never received this message. I was not at the game though, so perhaps they only sent it to those that turned in their tickets? (I'm not sure they are that sophisticated though)
09-16-2015 04:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.