Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who plays whom?
Shasta77 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
Who plays whom?
Houston and Temple have very favorable conference schedules. Their road games are almost a walk in the park. UH goes to UConn, Tulane, UCF, and Tulsa. The Cougars get Memphis, Navy, and Cincinnati in Houston and miss Temple. The Owls are past their biggest hurdle--UC on the road. They get Memphis and UCF at home. Only real challenge looks to be a game at ECU. Win that and I could see the Owls losing only to Notre Dame. I'm guessing UH will lose one conference home game. Memphis might win the division, but traveling to Temple and Houston is a tough deal. Their game at USF might not be easy either nor home games with Navy and UC.
09-14-2015 01:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Who plays whom?
As it appears today, our schedule definitely couldn't be more favorable, but what I've learned in my years of following the Coogs is that you can't ever start counting wins or assume anything will be a "walk in the park". 2009 comes to mind, when we beat back to back Big 12 teams (one being #5 OK. State on the road), only to then get ran out of the Sun Bowl by eventual 4-8 UTEP.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015 02:07 AM by Kronke.)
09-14-2015 02:00 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Don't count your chickens before they hatch
09-14-2015 05:30 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(09-14-2015 01:35 AM)Shasta77 Wrote:  Houston and Temple have very favorable conference schedules. Their road games are almost a walk in the park. UH goes to UConn, Tulane, UCF, and Tulsa. The Cougars get Memphis, Navy, and Cincinnati in Houston and miss Temple. The Owls are past their biggest hurdle--UC on the road. They get Memphis and UCF at home. Only real challenge looks to be a game at ECU. Win that and I could see the Owls losing only to Notre Dame. I'm guessing UH will lose one conference home game. Memphis might win the division, but traveling to Temple and Houston is a tough deal. Their game at USF might not be easy either nor home games with Navy and UC.

Temple - Don't discount a long road trip to SMU, especially coming off the ND game. Thursday night in Greenville won't be a walk in the park either, especially on a short week. Memphis could be a huge game if the Tigers are playing as well as last year.

UH - Schedule looks good until you get to the home stretch. Cincy, Memphis, and Navy in three of the last four. That looks like a challenging close to the season, even if they're all at home.
09-14-2015 07:36 AM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
Who plays whom?
Our true freshman qb's will have had some time to learn by then. Our d played well against the trees until the fourth and we found our starting back. Uh always plays close games with Ucf and we have played spoiler a few times. Our season hinges on qb play
09-14-2015 07:50 AM
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
Notre Dame is on their second QB. Watching Temple on Saturday, I am not willing to say that Notre Dame can beat Temple.
09-14-2015 07:56 AM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
#Hubris
09-14-2015 08:07 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(09-14-2015 07:56 AM)uhmump95 Wrote:  Notre Dame is on their second QB. Watching Temple on Saturday, I am not willing to say that Notre Dame can beat Temple.

Should be an interesting game no doubt.
09-14-2015 08:28 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Here's how I see the biggest remaining conference Games. Obviously this is subjective, some are here because of a rivalry, trap games, whether it's home or away, etc.

09/19 - ECU @ Navy
09/24 - Cincy @ Memphis (Thursday)
10/02 - Memphis @ USF (Friday)
10/03 - Houston @ Tulsa
10/22 - Temple @ ECU (Thursday)
11/07 - Cincy @ Houston
11/07 - Navy @ Memphis
11/14 - Memphis @ Houston
11/20 - Memphis @ Temple (Friday)
11/19 - ECU @ UCF (Thursday)
11/26 - UCF @ USF (Thursday)
11/27 - Navy @ Houston (Friday)
11/28 - Cincy @ ECU

Remaining opportunities for P5 / BYU / ND wins.
09/19 - UConn @ Mizzou
09/19 - Tulsa @ Oklahoma
09/19 - SMU @ TCU
09/26 - VT @ ECU
09/26 - UCF @ South Carolina
10/01 - Miami @ Cincy (Thursday)
10/01 - UConn @ BYU (Thursday)
10/03 - Air Force @ Navy (not P5 but a key rivalry vs MWC)
10/10 - Navy @ Notre Dame
10/10 - Syralose @ USF
10/10 - ECU @ BYU
10/16 - Cincy @ BYU (Friday)
10/17 - Old Piss @ Memphis
10/31 - Notre Dame @ Temple
10/31 - Vandy @ Houston
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015 08:29 AM by blunderbuss.)
09-14-2015 08:28 AM
Advertisement

Shasta77 Offline
Bench Warmer

Who plays whom?
"Walk in the park" was an unfortunate idiom. Today, UConn and Tulsa look like tougher games than 2-3 weeks ago, and of course there are no sure wins. I was just trying to look ahead to see whose schedules looked the most favorable among the likely contenders, and it still appears that Houston's and Temple's are. That doesn't mean that Navy, Memphis, Cincinnati, et al. will be easy, just that it's better to get those games at home as opposed to on the road. Right now I'm concerned about UH playing at Tulsa. They have a heck of an offense.
09-27-2015 02:46 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
I like ours

We've got Cincy, Temple, Tulsa, USF at home. Should take care of UCF and SMU on the road. UCONN on the road will be tough. Legit chance to win the division
09-27-2015 03:05 PM
Shasta77 Offline
Bench Warmer

Who plays whom?
Yeah, that does set up well for ECU. I assumed you would be down some after losing Carden and Riley, but ECU hasn't fielded bad teams for about a decade. Great job knocking off VT. Really helps the AAC.
09-27-2015 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.