WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The wind is out of the sail
New School Bronco Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
The wind is out of the sail
I came into the season very optimistic about what could be for the year. This loss just seems like another year were Western is projected to have the sky is the limit. Then we fall off to have a mediocre season(why cubit was fired). To me this kills any momentum we had going for buzz about the program. As i wont be going to the next home game. And that's all I got to say about that
09-12-2015 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
RE: The wind is out of the sail
Well cheer up lil pardner, by Monday you'll have put epoxy in those oars and fixed the cracks. By Wednesday you'll be rowing like Ben Hurr.
09-12-2015 09:57 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(09-12-2015 09:08 PM)New School Bronco Wrote:  I came into the season very optimistic about what could be for the year. This loss just seems like another year were Western is projected to have the sky is the limit. Then we fall off to have a mediocre season(why cubit was fired). To me this kills any momentum we had going for buzz about the program. As i wont be going to the next home game. And that's all I got to say about that

Wait a minute. We've been told repeatedly that he's changed the culture, and now you're saying it's the same ol same ol?

You boat rowers are jumping ship like its the Titanic.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 11:02 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-12-2015 11:02 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-12-2015 11:02 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 09:08 PM)New School Bronco Wrote:  I came into the season very optimistic about what could be for the year. This loss just seems like another year were Western is projected to have the sky is the limit. Then we fall off to have a mediocre season(why cubit was fired). To me this kills any momentum we had going for buzz about the program. As i wont be going to the next home game. And that's all I got to say about that

Wait a minute. We've been told repeatedly that he's changed the culture, and now you're saying it's the same ol same ol?

I'd be ashamed to share an oar with these fair weather rowers.
09-12-2015 11:03 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-12-2015 11:03 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  

But the good news is he won't be leaving us this year. He's committed, as he is with everything in his life.
09-12-2015 11:12 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-12-2015 11:12 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 11:03 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  

But the good news is he won't be leaving us this year. He's committed, as he is with everything in his life.

Well that's as about as reassuring as buying GM stock.
09-12-2015 11:15 PM
Advertisement

wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
This place sounds like UofM during the Rodriguez 3 yr stint. Should Fleck be shown the door after 3 years? Honest question, is WMU trending up or down from Fleck's hire?
09-12-2015 11:27 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-12-2015 11:27 PM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  This place sounds like UofM during the Rodriguez 3 yr stint. Should Fleck be shown the door after 3 years? Honest question, is WMU trending up or down from Fleck's hire?

Realistically? Way too soon to tell.

This loss feels very 2013. That's why all the horse faces.
09-12-2015 11:28 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

These boat rowers who would launch rpg's at you if you weren't as giddy as them, going all Eyor is surprising.

They're acting like a bunch of suckers.

They need to rudder up, scrub the barnicles and stay the course. Not keel over, just because they have a little ol Haddock.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 11:33 PM by rtletterman.)
09-12-2015 11:32 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-12-2015 11:27 PM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  This place sounds like UofM during the Rodriguez 3 yr stint. Should Fleck be shown the door after 3 years? Honest question, is WMU trending up or down from Fleck's hire?

They've got a problem. Now the next guy is going to want 800k plus, since that precident has been set. Fleck is 800k a year plus all the damage control that comes with him. But they're stuck with him and he's stuck with them. I couldn't be happier for the two.
09-12-2015 11:46 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-12-2015 11:46 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

They've got a problem. Now the next guy is going to want 800k plus, since that precident has been set. Fleck is 800k a year plus all the damage control that comes with him. But they're stuck with him and he's stuck with them. I couldn't be happier for the two.

Amen.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 11:58 PM by rtletterman.)
09-12-2015 11:56 PM
Advertisement

wmutkelaw Offline

But are we trending up from 2012? Right now, I say no. It is a push. I also did not want Cubit to be fired after '12. But he was and Fleck is our reality. It is still early in the season

How this team responds will show a lot. Unfortunately the next 2 games are not going to good measuring sticks.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015 12:04 AM by wmutkelaw.)
09-13-2015 12:00 AM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

If they don't come out and crush the Racers it'll be telling to say the least.

Pressure is on this group to win big IMHO.
09-13-2015 12:06 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
If Fleck goes 6-6 or worse he should be gone IMHO, especially if the donars have some weird view of the future where they believe WMU could actually become the Boise State of the Midwest.
09-13-2015 12:09 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-13-2015 12:06 AM)rtletterman Wrote:  If they don't come out and crush the Racers it'll be telling to say the least.

Yep. Played NIU this week then us. Should be able to take something away from those outcomes.
09-13-2015 12:10 AM
wmutkelaw Offline

So was EMUs win a 'quality' win? I know nothing about Wyoming, nor do feel like researching it. I only had a minor in geography, isn't Colorado near Wyoming? Perhaps EMU is trending up?
09-13-2015 12:20 AM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-13-2015 12:20 AM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  So was EMUs win a 'quality' win? I know nothing about Wyoming, nor do feel like researching it. I only had a minor in geography, isn't Colorado near Wyoming? Perhaps EMU is trending up?

Well, it's safe to say they don't suck as bad as we thought.
09-13-2015 12:24 AM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-13-2015 12:10 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(09-13-2015 12:06 AM)rtletterman Wrote:  If they don't come out and crush the Racers it'll be telling to say the least.

Yep. Played NIU this week then us. Should be able to take something away from those outcomes.

Our size advantage alone should make this result a mail in victory.
09-13-2015 12:25 AM
wmutkelaw Offline

How crazy would a loss be? People would be out with pitch forks. And I am outta Hop Slam.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015 12:28 AM by wmutkelaw.)
09-13-2015 12:27 AM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(09-13-2015 12:27 AM)wmutkelaw Wrote:  How crazy would a loss be? People would be out with pitch forks. And I am outta Hop Slam.

The hell you say!
09-13-2015 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.