Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

September 11, 2015 Letter from Ray Watts
BlazerHam Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
September 11, 2015 Letter from Ray Watts
[Photos omitted]

Dear UAB Community and Friends,

As a very promising academic year gets under way, I want to extend best wishes to our students, faculty, staff and supporters, and a big welcome to our new freshmen, who are enjoying the beginnings of a rewarding college career at UAB.

This newsletter is the first of many I will be sending out to update you on new developments and the strides we are making in all areas of our mission. We have much to celebrate and look forward to, as the transformative impact conveyed in our credo — "knowledge that will change your world" — is ever more apparent around campus, community and beyond.

Just last week, we opened our new state-of-the-art residence hall that is now home to 714 freshmen. They are among a total of 2,586 students living on campus, the largest number we’ve ever had in residence. (Watch the fun from Move-In Day in this video.) We look forward to opening later this fall our world-class Hill Student Center (see rendering below) — featuring a scenic greenway that will eventually extend to Regions Field — that will make our student experience even more vibrant.

Other exciting doors and avenues are opening as well, all over campus. Just to name a few recent developments:

Our Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS) recently had its NIH funding renewed in the amount of $33 million — one of the largest awards UAB has ever received — and remains the hub of a research network of 11 partner institutions throughout Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi.

UAB has been named to the U.S. President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the eighth consecutive year, underscoring our commitment to civic engagement and service learning.

The historic Campaign for UAB is progressing well. We are very grateful to our donors for their generous support and to our outstanding Development team.
Our "Finish the Drive" Campaign for Football, Rifle and Bowling met its Sept. 1 deadline for fundraising, and we look forward to a new era of excellence and competitiveness in these and all of our Athletics programs.

As part of our continual efforts to ensure that UAB employees receive the best possible benefits, we have just instituted a new paid paternal leave benefit. This represents a great stride in our HR efforts and reflects the strong collaboration between our administration and faculty to make this benefit a reality.

As we continue work on our most comprehensive-ever strategic planning process, we are joined by some new senior leaders in several important areas of campus, and I want to officially welcome them aboard:

Vice President for Student Affairs John Jones

Vice President of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
Curt Carver

Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
Bradley Barnes

Chief Communications
Officer
Anne Buckley

Graduate School Dean Lori McMahon, who begins Oct. 1

Director of Athletics
Mark Ingram

As we welcome these new leaders, we thank and honor a longtime leader, Senior VP Shirley Salloway Kahn, who retires at the end of September after more than 37 years at UAB. On behalf of this university, I want to express our gratitude to Dr. Kahn for her tireless and visionary leadership in this Campaign and in so many other important efforts that have advanced our university and community.

I look forward to continued collaboration with all of you in this coming year to realize our bold vision for UAB, Birmingham and Alabama. We have great momentum starting this fall and I know this is going to be an outstanding academic year, in terms of our institutional aims and the personal accomplishments of our talented students, faculty and staff.

Best regards,

Ray L. Watts,
President

This message was sent to slvdepo@gmail.com from:
Dr. Ray L. Watts | president@uab.edu | Stanley Holditch | 701 20th Street South AB 1370 | Birmingham, AL 35205
Email Marketing by iContact - Try It Free!
09-11-2015 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DM Blazer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: The Blazers
RE: September 11, 2015 Letter from Ray Watts
(09-11-2015 10:06 AM)BlazerHam Wrote:  [Photos omitted]

Dear UAB Community and Friends,

As a very promising academic year gets under way, I want to extend best wishes to our students, faculty, staff and supporters, and a big welcome to our new freshmen, who are enjoying the beginnings of a rewarding college career at UAB.

This newsletter is the first of many I will be sending out to update you on new developments and the strides we are making in all areas of our mission. We have much to celebrate and look forward to, as the transformative impact conveyed in our credo — "knowledge that will change your world" — is ever more apparent around campus, community and beyond.

Just last week, we opened our new state-of-the-art residence hall that is now home to 714 freshmen. They are among a total of 2,586 students living on campus, the largest number we’ve ever had in residence. (Watch the fun from Move-In Day in this video.) We look forward to opening later this fall our world-class Hill Student Center (see rendering below) — featuring a scenic greenway that will eventually extend to Regions Field — that will make our student experience even more vibrant.

Other exciting doors and avenues are opening as well, all over campus. Just to name a few recent developments:

Our Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS) recently had its NIH funding renewed in the amount of $33 million — one of the largest awards UAB has ever received — and remains the hub of a research network of 11 partner institutions throughout Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi.

UAB has been named to the U.S. President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the eighth consecutive year, underscoring our commitment to civic engagement and service learning.

The historic Campaign for UAB is progressing well. We are very grateful to our donors for their generous support and to our outstanding Development team.
Our "Finish the Drive" Campaign for Football, Rifle and Bowling met its Sept. 1 deadline for fundraising, and we look forward to a new era of excellence and competitiveness in these and all of our Athletics programs.

As part of our continual efforts to ensure that UAB employees receive the best possible benefits, we have just instituted a new paid paternal leave benefit. This represents a great stride in our HR efforts and reflects the strong collaboration between our administration and faculty to make this benefit a reality.

As we continue work on our most comprehensive-ever strategic planning process, we are joined by some new senior leaders in several important areas of campus, and I want to officially welcome them aboard:

Vice President for Student Affairs John Jones

Vice President of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
Curt Carver

Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
Bradley Barnes

Chief Communications
Officer
Anne Buckley

Graduate School Dean Lori McMahon, who begins Oct. 1

Director of Athletics
Mark Ingram

As we welcome these new leaders, we thank and honor a longtime leader, Senior VP Shirley Salloway Kahn, who retires at the end of September after more than 37 years at UAB. On behalf of this university, I want to express our gratitude to Dr. Kahn for her tireless and visionary leadership in this Campaign and in so many other important efforts that have advanced our university and community.

I look forward to continued collaboration with all of you in this coming year to realize our bold vision for UAB, Birmingham and Alabama. We have great momentum starting this fall and I know this is going to be an outstanding academic year, in terms of our institutional aims and the personal accomplishments of our talented students, faculty and staff.

Best regards,

Ray L. Watts,
President

This message was sent to slvdepo@gmail.com from:
Dr. Ray L. Watts | president@uab.edu | Stanley Holditch | 701 20th Street South AB 1370 | Birmingham, AL 35205
Email Marketing by iContact - Try It Free!

Watts you are a piece of s and I hope you get your just rewards.
09-11-2015 11:05 AM
braish Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk Award
In other words,

[Image: nero-burniing-rome.jpg]
09-12-2015 08:52 AM
Advertisement

USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
Oh how we deserve so much more than what this BoT stooge has delivered: academically, athletically, student life-ly, etc.
As I sit here watching/listening to ESPN College Gameday, I still cannot believe the level of dirty politics that exists in today's world in Alabama. And, I still cannot believe that this story doesn't have more "legs." Somebody has to care, NEEDS to care, beyond the Blazer faithful.
I'm angry. Period.
"I was not angry since I came to France..."
09-12-2015 10:43 AM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
I'll give Ray Clay a little credit here. At least there's a mention of the Finish the Drive event, with the word football.
09-12-2015 08:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.