Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time to eat crow...
Bookmark and Share
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Time to eat crow...
Aight La Tech fans, you know who you are... Not just a little good job and excuses, we heard it for 10 months how bad our QB was, how bad our d was. Time to come on over and apologize and realize that you aren't gods gift to football. Now that Allen is out im not entirely sure how we will do the next few weeks especially but come on la tech fans have been talking the worst crap for a whole year. Time to bend over and take your lashings.
09-11-2015 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cscollis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech
RE: Time to eat crow...
(09-11-2015 09:34 AM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  Aight La Tech fans, you know who you are... Not just a little good job and excuses, we heard it for 10 months how bad our QB was, how bad our d was. Time to come on over and apologize and realize that you aren't gods gift to football. Now that Allen is out im not entirely sure how we will do the next few weeks especially but come on la tech fans have been talking the worst crap for a whole year. Time to bend over and take your lashings.

Congrats WKU was a better team last night. Doughty is the real deal for a 30 year old college qb. No excuses.

The game was not as close as the score indicates, WKU owned Tech the whole night until the 4th quarter. I will never understand why we punted down 6 on a 4th and 1 from the 50 with 10 mins left. We had the MO and a TD on that drive would have put Tech in the lead. Putting pressure on WKU that they didn't feel the whole game. Instead we punt and give up a td and 2 point conversion. Down 14 with 8 mins left and it was game over.

I hope allen recovers and gets to play his senior year.
09-11-2015 09:45 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(09-11-2015 09:34 AM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  Aight La Tech fans, you know who you are... Not just a little good job and excuses, we heard it for 10 months how bad our QB was, how bad our d was. Time to come on over and apologize and realize that you aren't gods gift to football. Now that Allen is out im not entirely sure how we will do the next few weeks especially but come on la tech fans have been talking the worst crap for a whole year. Time to bend over and take your lashings.

[Image: Doc-Johnny.gif]

it must be in the water in louisiana. my good friends the cajuns always had the same level of confidence that they were always better than anyone they faced.

identical fanbases in that respect.
09-11-2015 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eagle04 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-11-2015 09:45 AM)Cscollis Wrote:  

Congrats WKU was a better team last night. Doughty is the real deal for a 30 year old college qb. No excuses.

The game was not as close as the score indicates, WKU owned Tech the whole night until the 4th quarter. I will never understand why we punted down 6 on a 4th and 1 from the 50 with 10 mins left. We had the MO and a TD on that drive would have put Tech in the lead. Putting pressure on WKU that they didn't feel the whole game. Instead we punt and give up a td and 2 point conversion. Down 14 with 8 mins left and it was game over.

That's funny.
09-11-2015 09:53 AM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
I've enjoyed the bravado from the LaTech fans over the last year. It exemplifies a fanbase that is passionate and confident. It also makes it even sweeter when we beat them. Maybe one or two of their fans cross the line on occasion but what fanbase doesn't have that....I know we do.

In the other thread, nearly all the LaTech fans have been classy and honest in congratulating us....some even "eating crow". Our fans, sans one, have returned the classy example and acknowledged LaTech's play as well
09-11-2015 09:58 AM
LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
Na, many of us thought it would be a close game.

Good win by the Tops, and I hope Allen is alright.

It seemed like a bunch of little things that combined to make winning extremely unlikely for Tech last night. Good luck the rest of the way Toppers, as I really think Tech will make the championship game.
09-11-2015 10:02 AM
Advertisement

chuckk3 Offline
Special Teams

Maybe they know who they are, but I, as a Tech fan, NEVER say anybody else's QB, line, team, etc sucks.

I was disappointed in how we played last night, and impressed with WKU's game plan. Y'all owned it, no doubt. Y'all played to win and make a statement...and you did. You deserved the win. I sure hope Allen's okay.

Congratulations!

By the way...here was my little contribution yesterday:

Think of it this way, Topper fan: Our barking may make your victory dance that much sweeter when y'all kick our ***.
Here's to a great and injury-free game in Bowling Green tonight!

---and I was right!
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 10:14 AM by chuckk3.)
09-11-2015 10:04 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!

doughty was a freshman in 2010. if he was 18 that makes him 23.

driskell is 22.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Be careful LifeTime Topper is going to call you out if you say anything01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle...

I agree crow should be eaten with all of the stuff we read about how Doughy sucks and last night would be even worse beating that last season....Happy to win, we can all move on and WKU fans can enjoy poking and or ribbing our La. Tech fans for a little while...

I agree Beed, amazing how similar the posters are with tone, bravdo, etc with our fellow Cajun fans...

True we could met up again in CUSA championship game...Driskel was very impressive last night and I am for one glad Dixon is a senior, that guy always is going forward and rarely every loses yards....
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 10:09 AM by WKUFan518.)
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

"RE: LA Tech vs WKU
If WKU O doesn't show up like Vandy game, Tech will win by more than 2TDs.
If WKU O shows up, it will be a shoot out, Tech will win by a TD or less.
Tech will show up for this game no matter what :)
My stomach turns as I think about the game :D"

here was my prediction before the game!!! I was mostly wrong on point no.3 that Tech team didn't show up in the first quarter. You guys came out hungry and went for blood.
09-11-2015 10:07 AM
Cscollis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech
Nothing to see here, move along.
09-11-2015 10:27 AM
Advertisement

T_Won1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
It is crazy what a difference a year makes. I think WKU has a great set of coaches who spent a lot of time figuring out a great game plan and they were correct. WKU has a good football team!
09-11-2015 10:28 AM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(09-11-2015 10:04 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

Be careful LifeTime Topper is going to call you out if you say anything01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle...

I agree crow should be eaten with all of the stuff we read about how Doughy sucks and last night would be even worse beating that last season....Happy to win, we can all move on and WKU fans can enjoy poking and or ribbing our La. Tech fans for a little while...

I agree Beed, amazing how similar the posters are with tone, bravdo, etc with our fellow Cajun fans...

True we could met up again in CUSA championship game...Driskel was very impressive last night and I am for one glad Dixon is a senior, that guy always is going forward and rarely every loses yards....

Dude...you only won by 3 pts. Not by 30, 40 or 50 pts (like Tech did last year) You played at home, and LA Tech only had 5 days to prepare. I'm not saying WKU didn't earn it, because you did. But it's pretty obvious that LA Tech wasn't prepared in the first qtr, and your 8-year starting QB was. The score was 21-3, WKU at the 12:38 mark of the 2nd qtr.

But as the game went on, LA Tech's athleticism, physicality and coaching adjustments started making an impact, hence we closed by 15 points. It was a good game, and WKU earned the bragging rights.....for now. But the season is long, and things could look totally different at the end of the year.

Congrats WKU, on a fine win.
09-11-2015 10:33 AM
GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(09-11-2015 09:48 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  

it must be in the water in louisiana. my good friends the cajuns always had the same level of confidence that they were always better than anyone they faced.

Congratulations to WKU on a great win despite the fact that "The Fundamentals of Tackling" is not a course that is taught there. Beed you should volunteer to teach that course.
09-11-2015 10:42 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

You do realize the majority of North Louisiana is not from Acadian descent.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 10:45 AM by Dawgxas.)
09-11-2015 10:45 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(09-11-2015 10:42 AM)GEAGLESJAG Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 09:48 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  

Congratulations to WKU on a great win despite the fact that "The Fundamentals of Tackling" is not a course that is taught there. Beed you should volunteer to teach that course.

Tech needs a refresher course also
09-11-2015 10:48 AM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(09-11-2015 10:04 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  

doughty was a freshman in 2010. if he was 18 that makes him 23.

driskell is 22.

Not to interupt, but the age of the QB made me think of our situation. We have a 21 year old freshman at QB. I think he's going to be around for a while.
09-11-2015 11:19 AM
Eagletats Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Southern Miss
You do realize the majority of North Louisiana is not from Acadian descent.
[/quote]

Don't hold that againt them.
04-cheers
09-11-2015 11:30 AM
Psychored Offline
Special Teams

(09-11-2015 10:33 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  But as the game went on, LA Tech's athleticism, physicality and coaching adjustments started making an impact, hence we closed by 15 points. It was a good game, and WKU earned the bragging rights.....for now. But the season is long, and things could look totally different at the end of the year.

La Tech has a fine team, but I thought your guys looked somewhat small. As for "physicality", again, nothing real impressive there either. Both teams were physical. As one of your other posters mentioned, the game was not as close as the score indicated. 05-nono
09-11-2015 11:30 AM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(09-11-2015 10:33 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  

Dude...you only won by 3 pts. Not by 30, 40 or 50 pts (like Tech did last year) You played at home, and LA Tech only had 5 days to prepare. I'm not saying WKU didn't earn it, because you did. But it's pretty obvious that LA Tech wasn't prepared in the first qtr, and your 8-year starting QB was. The score was 21-3, WKU at the 12:38 mark of the 2nd qtr.

But as the game went on, LA Tech's athleticism, physicality and coaching adjustments started making an impact, hence we closed by 15 points. It was a good game, and WKU earned the bragging rights.....for now. But the season is long, and things could look totally different at the end of the year.

This game never seemed close. When Allen went out of let a lot of air out of the stadium and team but honestly this game wasn't close. We fumbled on the 1/2 yard line and you had a Hail Mary. One of your posters recognized the fact. When we play again (hopefully if we can get past the mighty thundering herd) it will be a different game since Allen will be out. But most of your posters have been good afterwards but some are still smoking the pipe.
09-11-2015 11:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.