Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KSU wins National Excellence in Athletic Management Cup
Bookmark and Share
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
KSU wins National Excellence in Athletic Management Cup
Quote:KENT, Ohio- The Kent State Golden Flashes have been crowned this year's national champion of the Excellence in Management Cup, presented by Texas A&M's Laboratory for the Study of Intercollegiate Athletics.

The purpose of the EM Cup is to determine which athletic departments are maximizing fiscal resources leading to championship victories. The unique scoring system awards more points to athletic departments that win conference and national championships while efficiently allocating money to win these championships.

Less money spent + more championships = higher EM Cup score.

The scores are calculated in a formula that accounts for total athletic department spending, number of sports played and the number of conference and national championships won by each Division I (FBS) university. More value is placed upon the national championships than conference championships in the formula.

In the seven years of this award's existence, Kent State has won the national championship three times (2010, 2012, 2015). Oregon, Colorado, South Alabama and Virginia round out the top five. The Golden Flashes were also second in 2009 and third in 2011.

This past year, Kent State captured six Mid-American Conference team titles; field hockey, women's golf, gymnastics, men's basketball and softball.

Complete Results

EMU was 12th, NIU 13th, SUNY at Buffalo (that's what it says!) 18th, Ohio U. 19th, and Ball St. 23rd.
09-08-2015 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
RE: KSU wins National Excellence in Athletic Management Cup
Nice job Kent.

I'd like to see the math for NIU. I will take #13 value any day of the week but I worry if this measurement is more buoyed by simply the low Athletics budget vs a more honest budget to championship formula.

Quote:SUNY at Buffalo (that's what it says!)

This is like an economic report saying Milhouse Friedman or the Chemistry department have a chair Albert Noble chair. Sort of makes you wonder about everything else in the report.
09-08-2015 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.